Jun 13, 2002
Columbus, TX
Visit site
✟19,529.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'll talk with you about it, but we have to frame the discussion with two different resolutions.

First resolution: "Rock music (all rock music) has Satanic origins and detrimentally affects God's design and plan for humanity, namely through deceit and other schemes it confounds the masses, leading many to hell, and overthrows morality and the god-ordained family structure."

Second resolution: "Rock music (all rock music) is similar to any other aspect of human culture and society in that there are benefits and drawbacks depending on how it is used; rock music is a neutral medium with the intentions of people determining its affect on society and culture."

If you agree to these two resolutions, we can talk about the debate structure.l

I'm still up for this.

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDave

At your service....
Jun 19, 2012
Northern Florida
✟11,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm still up for this.

Im not up for a discussion type venue ; I have Discussions about issues in the other rooms on the Forum. Im looking for a die-hard Atheist/Humanist whos sold out to all the philosophies of worldly living including what Rock Music fundamentally preaches to the dulled Masses. You as an advertised Christian (I hope) would not qualify but Ill chat with you about it if I cant get the person im looking for. Thanks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDave

At your service....
Jun 19, 2012
Northern Florida
✟11,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah...heard that stuff before. "Backwards satanic masking", Kiss was "knights in service to satan". Whatever...that all got debunked 30 years ago. If you don't like it, don't listen to it.

I see desensentization has rode into your Camp. You 'may have heard' but you haven't fully and deeply investigated backmasking nor The Musics ill effect on America. aND DONT WORRY, I wont be listening to it.

Upvote 0

RedPonyDriver

Professional Pot Stirrer
Oct 18, 2014
USA
✟76,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Democrat
I see desensentization has rode into your Camp. You 'may have heard' but you haven't fully and deeply investigated backmasking nor The Musics ill effect on America. aND DONT WORRY, I wont be listening to it.

Well...in 51 years the only thing I've ever done "under the influence" is drive very fast on the track while listening to Metallica. Now...come up with PROOF.

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDave

At your service....
Jun 19, 2012
Northern Florida
✟11,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well...in 51 years the only thing I've ever done "under the influence" is drive very fast on the track while listening to Metallica. Now...come up with PROOF.

How does a committed Born Again Christian find enjoyment and inspiration in Metallica , a satanic-origins Band whos messages are repeatedly anti-Christian and ungodly in morals ? Do you have 2 minutes to spare ?????: (
). Starts at 45 second spot on video.

When did you take such a hard stumble ? Do you believe you've left the world as Gods Word says you must ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Cadet

SO COOL
Apr 29, 2010
Munich
✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
How does a committed Born Again Christian find enjoyment and inspiration in Metallica , a satanic-origins Band whos messages are repeatedly anti-Christian and ungodly in morals ?
Because it's really good music, and the lyrical content of much of their material (particularly the pre-Black Album work) is considerably less anti-Christian and more compelling. Oh, and the music is just downright fun.

Again, I'll take on the debate despite the absurd conditions.

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDave

At your service....
Jun 19, 2012
Northern Florida
✟11,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Because it's really good music, and the lyrical content of much of their material (particularly the pre-Black Album work) is considerably less anti-Christian and more compelling. Oh, and the music is just downright fun.

Again, I'll take on the debate despite the absurd conditions.

What 'absurd' conditions might they be ? Are you ready to go first in the debate in support of secular Rock Music , its benefits toward American Society , and if its messages are destructive for starters ? If so, then ill ask the Mod for a Debate Room so we can begin .

Upvote 0

The Cadet

SO COOL
Apr 29, 2010
Munich
✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
What 'absurd' conditions might they be ?
The massive shift of the burden of proof. You claim in the title that rock and roll is dangerous to society; then demand that we prove the opposite position. But as said, I don't care - it doesn't make your position any worse. I'll gladly partake in this debate.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDave

At your service....
Jun 19, 2012
Northern Florida
✟11,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The massive shift of the burden of proof. You claim in the title that rock and roll is dangerous to society; then demand that we prove the opposite position. But as said, I don't care - it doesn't make your position any worse. I'll gladly partake in this debate.

ATTENTION MODERATOR, PLEASE SET UP A ROOM FOR US TO DEBATE ; 7 days max. limit to respond / 2500 max. words per post / CADET goes first affirming the subject / 1ST POST STARTS NO LATTER THAN 2-25-16. Thanks, Dave

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDave

At your service....
Jun 19, 2012
Northern Florida
✟11,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

If you like RocknRoll music so much and find great benefit to it, then you are in support of it and can tell us why ; this is going to be a debate where you will show objective evidence in support of your view . I trust that you will be assertive and objective.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟825,375.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Thanks Mark

You are welcome!

The formal debate has been set up here; a Peanut Gallery thread has also been set up in Philosophy, and a link provided in the original post:
Formal Debate - Rock-N-Roll is Dangerous to Every Society

As always; this is moderated, so if your post takes more than 24 hours to appear, please send me a message and feel free to contact one of the other Sr. staff, (Supervisor or Admin) as they can also approve posts.

Closing this thread.

Enjoy,

Mark
CF Admin.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.