I Would be Ecstatic to Have a Gay Child!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OphidiaPhile

Sep 26, 2008
Northern California
✟3,947.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
this is one reason why we are going the homeschooling route, so that the idea won't even pop in their mind because they will know nothing about it in the first place.. Most of these "experimental" stages happen in later middle school and high school. And if the H.S. is pushing this on our children and condoning unchristian behavior it will teach our children to rebel. Also children learn alot from immoral programs on the TV and thus many need to be screened.

And it is true. The gay community is laden with drugs, there is an enourmous meth problem within the gay community and many are associated with dangerous behavior such a raves and clubs where drugs and rape is common. That is where Jeffery Dahmer got all his victims from.

You obviously do not know any homosexual people because what you say is not at all the case they actually tend to be homebodies and very much into health and fitness which is not something that can be said for much of the hetero population.

Upvote 0

CreedIsChrist

Jul 25, 2008
✟4,612.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You obviously do not know any homosexual people because what you say is not at all the case they actually tend to be homebodies and very much into health and fitness which is not something that can be said for much of the hetero population.

yes I understand they are into vain things like big muscles, money, celebrity and fashion. ANd while we horrible bigoted christians are going on missions to help the poor in africa and south america and opening food shelves in our churches for th homeless where are they exactly? Fashion show makeover?

Upvote 0

Wiccan_Child

Contributor
Mar 21, 2005
Bristol, UK
✟31,731.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
yes I understand they are into vain things like big muscles, money, celebrity and fashion. ANd while we horrible bigoted christians are going on missions to help the poor in africa and south america and opening food shelves in our churches for th homeless where are they exactly? Fashion show makeover?
I think you just took stereotyping to a whole new level.

Upvote 0

Andreusz

Aug 10, 2008
South Africa
✟9,551.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

I confess I like muscles (not too big, though), but I'm not into money (or I wouldn't be a teacher) or celebrity, and if I told people I was into fashion, my friends would rofl. I live in Africa and I regularly give money to charity. I can't imagine many things I'd rather do less than go to a fashion show makeover. And there are lots of gay men like me. Stop stereotyping us.

Reactions: Wiccan_Child
Upvote 0

WatersMoon110

To See with Eyes Unclouded by Hate
May 30, 2007
Ohio
✟21,255.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
although, i have to say... saying"I would be ecxtatic if my kid were gay" is a little bit absurd. Especially considering how hard it has to be in many places to grow up and be gay with the way that many people are...
Since I hope to continue to have a good, smart, tolerant group of friends when I have kids, I hope to be able to provide the support and love needed to keep my children (and my friends' children) emotionally and mentally healthy and happy.

But there isn't a single person out there that wasn't picked on for something as a child. Maybe, if people taught their children to be more tolerant of others, including homosexuals, this wouldn't be such a problem.

Like I said, I would be overjoyed if my kid turned out to be gay. I would still be happy and love them, no matter what, but I really am hoping for gay children.

Upvote 0

WatersMoon110

May 30, 2007
Ohio
✟21,255.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I do have a brother in law who actively tries to prevent his son from "turning gay" it might be humorous if my nephew wasn't turning into an absolute horror of a child who regardless of his orientation is going to need a lot of therapy. I think having dad snatch toys out of his hands screaming "girls toys are yucky" is bound to harm his little developing brain. (The poor kid.. he has 3 older sisters.. the house is a treasure chest of pink and purple toys from 20 years of birthdays and Christmases that passed before he made his appearance- how is he supposed to NOT touch girls stuff...?)
That sounds pretty horrible. I can't imagine trying to "force" a child to be straight or gay (or anything else). Not only do I believe it would totally not work (sexual orientation does not seem to be a choice), but I think it might make both parent and child pretty crazy.

Upvote 0

cheese007

Dec 15, 2007
✟15,518.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
The gay community is laden with drugs, there is an enourmous meth problem within the gay community and many are associated with dangerous behavior such a raves and clubs where drugs and rape is common.
For the sake of argument, lets assume this is true. Do you have any idea WHY that might be?

Upvote 0

WatersMoon110

May 30, 2007
Ohio
✟21,255.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
For the sake of argument, lets assume this is true. Do you have any idea WHY that might be?
Well, it is true for small groups of gay people (and straight people, for that matter). But it certainly isn't true that the majority of gay people are drug abusers.

Anyway, people who attempt to use drugs to "escape" their problems are more likely to become drug abusers. I don't think that this would be any different for gay people. So, I would guess that gay meth addicts are trying to "escape" from their problems. I can only speculate what those problems might be, but I imagine that gay people who do not feel accepted by their family or their community would be more likely to turn to drugs.

Upvote 0

cheese007

Dec 15, 2007
✟15,518.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, it is true for small groups of gay people (and straight people, for that matter). But it certainly isn't true that the majority of gay people are drug abusers.

Anyway, people who attempt to use drugs to "escape" their problems are more likely to become drug abusers. I don't think that this would be any different for gay people. So, I would guess that gay meth addicts are trying to "escape" from their problems. I can only speculate what those problems might be, but I imagine that gay people who do not feel accepted by their family or their community would be more likely to turn to drugs.
Exactly the answer I was looking for.:)

Upvote 0

Beanieboy

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2006
✟50,122.00
Faith
Christian

Mathew 6
2"So when you give to the poor, do not sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, so that they (A)may be honored by men (B)Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full.

3"But when you give to the poor, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing,

4so that your giving will be in secret; and (C)your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you.

My, little sheep, what big teeth you have...

You brag about yourself, and stereotype a group of people you don't even know.
Christ said to beware of you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

QuakerOats

— ♥ — Living in Love — ♥ —
Feb 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟18,314.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Greens
this is one reason why we are going the homeschooling route, so that the idea won't even pop in their mind because they will know nothing about it in the first place.. Most of these "experimental" stages happen in later middle school and high school. And if the H.S. is pushing this on our children and condoning unchristian behavior it will teach our children to rebel. Also children learn alot from immoral programs on the TV and thus many need to be screened. Children should not be taught sex ed in in middle school. I prefer to keep my childs innocence. This world today dosen't let children be children anymore. A young child should be busy playing with toys, baseball with his father, being read to and taught, and having fun with friends. A child won't ask awkward questions or getting in trouble when they are busy being who they are. You'll be surprised how well things turn out when you let nature take its course and don't force anything unatural upon them.
While it's entirely probable that you have a point insofar as said 'sheltering' of children may cause them to 'experiment' less, I wouldn't go so far as to profess it as fool-proof, as your post makes it seem. Even Amish children 'rebel' from time to time, and many, if not most, of them are incredibly sheltered from the world outside of their communities. It'd be interesting to know if any one of them turned out to be homosexual. I think you'd truly be surprised at what children can pick up on, all on their own, even when left to nothing but their own noggins, so to speak.

Upvote 0

acropolis

so rad
Jan 29, 2008
✟20,293.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
this is one reason why we are going the homeschooling route, so that the idea won't even pop in their mind because they will know nothing about it in the first place.. Most of these "experimental" stages happen in later middle school and high school. And if the H.S. is pushing this on our children and condoning unchristian behavior it will teach our children to rebel. Also children learn alot from immoral programs on the TV and thus many need to be screened. Children should not be taught sex ed in in middle school. I prefer to keep my childs innocence. This world today dosen't let children be children anymore. A young child should be busy playing with toys, baseball with his father, being read to and taught, and having fun with friends. A child won't ask awkward questions or getting in trouble when they are busy being who they are. You'll be surprised how well things turn out when you let nature take its course and don't force anything unatural upon them.

my aunt and uncle did this, now their children are 29 and 25 and still live at home because they are incapable of living without their parents. they are afraid of the outside world that they have been taught to hate and fear.

your kids are supposed to rebel against you; it's a sign that they are becoming autonomous adults. if they never do, they'll never grow up. or they might to rebel until they're outside your ability to control them, then they'll just do whatever the hell they want. don't delude yourself into thinking you will have complete control over your kids.

Upvote 0

jcook922

Defender of Liberty, against the Left or Right.
Aug 5, 2008
United States
✟9,746.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian

And it is true. The gay community is laden with drugs, there is an enourmous meth problem within the gay community and many are associated with dangerous behavior such a raves and clubs where drugs and rape is common. That is where Jeffery Dahmer got all his victims from...

I don't think hiding them from the real world is "letting nature take it's course". I went to a public school and my parents armed me with the knowledge and confidence to make my own choices, and stay on the right path. Your children will have to grow up and leave the house sometime, and then it will be utter culture shock when they start encountering concepts foreign to them without your guiding hand. You have to teach them to do the right thing autonomously.

Upvote 0

Chajara

iEdit
Jan 9, 2005
Milwaukee
Visit site
✟12,941.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
Not to mention middle school is about when nature "takes its course" in the form of puberty. You don't have to tell them a thing about how babies are made, their bodies will give them those urges all on its own. Unfortunately, they'll probably be scared senseless and won't know what to do with themselves.

CIC, do you know how often I've heard of girls who's parents said absolutely nothing to them about puberty? These are older women now, when they were young there was no sex-ed in school. One day they just went to the bathroom and found blood. Do you think that's fair? Do you even realize how young girls get their periods? If you haven't mentioned sex-ed by middle school you're way too late for girls. Most of them have started by age 12 or 13. And before you say "Well you don't have to go into detail!" I don't know how you can avoid it. How else do you explain to a young girl that even though there isn't going to be a baby for many years, she's bleeding now? How do you make her understand the blood, cramps, and mood swings without explaining exactly how her body works?

For Pete's sake, you can't tell them it's the stork that brings babies forever.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Wiccan_Child

Contributor
Mar 21, 2005
Bristol, UK
✟31,731.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
For Pete's sake, you can't tell them it's the stork that brings babies forever.
If kids aren't taught that babies can be the result of sex, that's surely going to set the scene for teen pregnancy :doh:. Which gives us (drum roll please)... more abortions!

No sex ed --> more premarital sex --> more teen pregnancies --> more abortions.

Given that all three consequences are abhorred by the Religious Right, isn't a little education a worthy price? I mean, it's not like Teh Gays™ can convert your kids to homosexuality, so what's the problem?

Upvote 0

PantsMcFist

Trying to get his head back under the clouds
Aug 16, 2006
Manitoba, Canada
✟16,177.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
To the OP:

You can have a gay child. Socialize them into it, and you will have one. Just like religion. Now, later in life, they may disagree with you on that choice, depending on how socially aware they become.

Upvote 0

Andreusz

Aug 10, 2008
South Africa
✟9,551.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I mean, it's not like Teh Gays™ can convert your kids to homosexuality, so what's the problem?

That is the problem It would seem that fundmentalists believe that children can be converted to homosexuality. (See the previous post.)

Upvote 0
B

BigBadWlf

I would not be surprised to learn you have bizarre stereotyped and hatful ideas about black people as well

Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't understand how anyone could hate, let alone abandon their gay child. Personally, I would be overjoyed if my child was gay. Because gay people don't tend to have unintentional pregnancies! Not that I wouldn't be happy to have a straight, bisexual, asexual, transsexual, or intersexed child as well. I hope to love my children for who they are. Also, teach them about safer sex practices, and emphasize using condoms.

I just wanted to see a less negative topic on the first page. *grin* Also, I'm a very bored insomniac.

I'd be happy to have a child of any sexual orientation. I'd be far more challenged by a "special needs" child than a homosexual child.

Oh, and if my child were to even "experiment" with the idea of joining the airfarce, then I'd drop the little so and so like a hot rock.

Damn airfarce.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.