I wonder...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
A very long way away. Sometimes even further.
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
fresh said:
ebia, you say that so eloquantly as if you have found complacentcy with the constant upheaval of morals to be replaced with the corruption of the World around you. You say, they are just trying to have fun.. should I shake you awake? Do you want to live in Sodom and Gamorah? Are you willing to suffer their tribulations? I for one am not getting the blame for the wrong in this World that people like you have learnt to except. It is all one big exscuse, they say, I am in it for the money, then they are gluttons! They say, I do it for the poor ol' suffering adulterers, then they are a Succubus! Either way, it is a sin and they are wrong!
Hey, calm down. I didn't say otherwise.

Do you want to live in Sodom and Gamorah? Are you willing to suffer their tribulations? I for one am not getting the blame for the wrong in this World that people like you have learnt to except.
I think you are right to compare the western world to Sodom and Gamorah, but for the sins that Ezekiel spells out that we are all participatory in, rather than the sins described in this thread so far.

Upvote 0

fresh

Jul 18, 2005
✟285.00
Faith
Christian
ebia, the whole World is Sodom and Gamorah. The western world.. haha, so only America is corrupt? please.. the whole World is corrupt!

How can you talk about finding comfort in the apostles and not realizing that they gave their lives to spread the Gospel for Christ?

What in the hell are you talking about? I didn't say I found comfort in the Apostles, nor have I forgotten what they did for Chrisitianity and what they had to lose to do it. I haven't foundn't comfort in anything.. that whole sentence is one big baseless window.

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
fresh said:
ebia, the whole World is Sodom and Gamorah. The western world.. haha, so only America is corrupt? please.. the whole World is corrupt!
News to fresh: America =/= The Western World

What in the hell are you talking about? I didn't say I found comfort in the Apostles, nor have I forgotten what they did for Chrisitianity and what they had to lose to do it. I haven't foundn't comfort in anything.. that whole sentence is one big baseless window.
I take it that was aimed at someone else, not me.

Upvote 0

fresh

Jul 18, 2005
✟285.00
Faith
Christian
news to ebia: http://www.thetruthishere.com/western-hemisphere.jpg

OK, let me be completly correct, North America and South America so, AGAIN.. this hemisphere is not the only one corrupt, your hemisphere is equally if not more corrupt. And, no, if I was aiming that at you, wouldn't you think your own words would have made up that quote I was responding to? Next...

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
fresh said:
news to ebia: http://www.thetruthishere.com/western-hemisphere.jpg

OK, let me be completly correct, North America and South America so, AGAIN.. this hemisphere is not the only one corrupt, your hemisphere is equally if not more corrupt. And, no, if I was aiming that at you, wouldn't you think your own words would have made up that quote I was responding to? Next...
The Western World does not mean the Western Hemisphere:

wikipedia said:
Originally defined as Western Europe, most modern uses of the term refer to the societies of Western and Central Europe and their close genealogical, colonial, and philosophical descendants, typically also including those countries whose ethnic identity and dominant culture derive from European culture.

Oh, and by the way, don't be so quick to assume which hemisphere is mine - I happen to live in Australia, but most of the UK (my real country) is west of the Greenwich Meridian, including my home for most of my adult life.

Upvote 0

fresh

Jul 18, 2005
✟285.00
Faith
Christian
i saw your wikipedia definition and you left out the first sentence which said, it depends on the context.. you sir made it sound like you where talking about us, here in the USA.. plus, note I said your hemisphere.. tell me.. when did I make a guess? the point is ebia, no matter where you are, and I want to be crystal clear.. NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE IN THE WORLD.. you are living in corruption.. you keep trying to paint over the same fence.. and instead you are casting over my line.. you know what you meant when you said "Western World".. you were talking about America, period! You can try to paint over your mistakes but still your error still remains.

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
fresh said:
i saw your wikipedia definition and you left out the first sentence which said, it depends on the context..
It depends on the context as to whether the likes of N.America and Australia are included. It always includes Western Europe (including the UK).

you sir made it sound like you where talking about us, here in the USA..
No, you read that into it. That was never my intention - I explicitly intended to include Australia and Western Europe.

plus, note I said your hemisphere.. tell me.. when did I make a guess?
You post contrasted 'my' hemisphere with the western one. That can leave 'my' hemisphere as the eastern one - there aren't that many to chose from.

the point is ebia, no matter where you are, and I want to be crystal clear.. NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE IN THE WORLD.. you are living in corruption.. you keep trying to paint over the same fence.. and instead you are casting over my line.. you know what you meant when you said "Western World".. you were talking about America, period!
Honestly, I wasn't. No-one from the UK would ever use "Western World" to mean America and not Europe. I chose "Western World" deliberately to include both my country of birth and my country of residence. So get off your high horse.

Upvote 0

fresh

Jul 18, 2005
✟285.00
Faith
Christian
haha, you said get off your high horse... :)

OK, well it seems we are still denying the point I have made so evident. The entire world, no matter what hemisphere you happen to be in, inhabits corruption. Of course unless, you happen to live on Sesame street where everything is sunny and every body smiles.

Now exmaine the underlining default. This default lyes embeded deeply in a muck of lies and this muck has become so deep that we can not even remember what is good. Every one thinks they should be aloud to do whatever makes them happy and I am sorry but life is not about the pursuit of our own man made happiness. Life in these days are filled with so much wrong and worst of all a transversal of roles in society has taken place. When once adults decided what was good, now children have taken it upon themselves to decide for their parents. And this is OK with society. Parents can't even discipline their children without worrying about child abuse being thrown in their faces. We have made so many laws it has become impossible to do good. In a world so miserable as this it becomes easier to do bad things than good things. For example, it is much easier for me to blow up a bridge than it would be to cure AIDS. Why is this, because society is full of cry baby little brats that should of gotten their [explicitly deleted] kicked on a daily basis growing up by their fathers. I judge all people the same, poor and rich, young and old and I judge them by their works not what they are or can do with money. Not all people in this time are gone but I agree the majority are gone and so far gone they can't even smell their own stinch! And those who are OK are too few and too powerless to change the laws, to put the commandments back into the schools, to ban homosexual marriage, to even fight their way out of a wet paper bag for crying out loud. We are wimps, period! Too busy repairing the statues they make of themselves when people like me crash them with truth. Too busy denying the truth and changing the course of the topic. Too busy arguing needlessly and failing to make a point. Look around you and read these threads with an honest mind, neutral from your own self and you will bare witness to corruption.

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
fresh said:
haha, you said get off your high horse... :)

OK, well it seems we are still denying the point I have made so evident. The entire world, no matter what hemisphere you happen to be in, inhabits corruption.
I'm not denying. I never denied it in the first place. And I've been trying to tell you that for most of the thread.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

fresh

Jul 18, 2005
✟285.00
Faith
Christian
ebia, I rebuke your distraction. And present the community with this:

Our Company is committed to providing a Greeting Card Collection with empathy and understanding, without judgment to lovers involved in a secret love relationship. The Secret Lover Collection is designed to capture and express the unique emotional bond and intensity between lovers involved in this type of relationship, allowing them to express their feelings for the first time through inspiring, emotion-driven, “me-to-you” greeting cards featuring distinctive original artwork.

Link: https://www.sli-sales.com/shop/

In other words, what they are trying to say is: We are committed to promoting adulterers with a secret avenue so that they can enduldge in their lust and harlot after one another behind their marital partners back, for a nominal fee of course. [wink]

As you can see, they are whoring out the masses for the sake of profit and yet people like ebia support this type of thing, he says:

I think they are just here to have a rant about other people having fun doing things they don't approve of. Much less stressful than worrying about what you are doing that you shouldn't be.

You see my friends, the corruption which takes place in the World and why it happens? Because the majority of society are sheeple just like ebia, they want everything to be theirs and screw what the Gospel tells them, screw what good Christians tell them, they are not interested in being perfect in the eyes of God, these are the bad fruits we should throw to the fire before the disease of their rotten cores infect us all!

P.s. ebia you don't happen to be a chancellor at the moment, are you?

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
fresh said:
ebia, I rebuke your distraction.
Eh? You misunderstand what I quite clearly said, take us all of on a huge red herring, and at the end of it it's my fault?

In other words, what they are trying to say is: We are committed to promoting adulterers with a secret avenue so that they can enduldge in their lust and harlot after one another behind their marital partners back, for a nominal fee of course. [wink]
Actually, I think they are just after the dosh, but you don't get many customers if you tell them that what they are doing is wrong.

As you can see, they are whoring out the masses for the sake of profit and yet people like ebia support this type of thing, he says:
I didn't say I support it. Where do you get off putting words in my mouth.

You see my friends, the corruption which takes place in the World and why it happens? Because the majority of society are sheeple just like ebia,
What's a sheeple? :confused:

they want everything to be theirs and screw what the Gospel tells them,
I do?

screw what good Christians tell them,
Since when has anyone stopped doing anything because 'good Christians' tell them it's bad.

they are not interested in being perfect in the eyes of God,
No, probably not.

these are the bad fruits we should throw to the fire before the disease of their rotten cores infect us all!
That's his job, not ours.

P.s. ebia you don't happen to be a chancellor at the moment, are you?
Lord Chancellor? Chancellor of the Exchequer? Chancellor of a University? (Not that I'm any of the above.)

Upvote 0

fresh

Jul 18, 2005
✟285.00
Faith
Christian
chancellor of a university.. thats what you are right now aren't you? Sir Ebia :)

If you look away and say, they are just having fun, then you are not necessarily hindering their efforts, therefore, you indirectly support their actions, their iniquity is with you at this point, until you rebuke them totally, which you have not thus far.

Sheeple: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheeple

Actually, I think they are just after the dosh, but you don't get many customers if you tell them that what they are doing is wrong.

I didn't say I support it. Where do you get off putting words in my mouth.

again, by providing defense, you support the cause. sir ebia :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
fresh said:
chancellor of a university.. thats what you are right now aren't you? Sir Ebia :)
Such heights of academia are way out of my reach.

If you look away and say, they are just having fun, then you are not necessarily hindering their efforts, therefore, you indirectly support their actions,
Failure to hinder is not support.

their iniquity is with you at this point, until you rebuke them totally, which you have not thus far.
Would my rebuke make any difference - I think not.

I see. I can see how I might be called any number of things, but I don't really see how I can be reasonably called that, but no matter.

again, by providing defense, you support the cause. sir ebia :)
I'm not defending. Saying "they do it for the cash" is not saying "they should do this", BTW. "They do it for the cash" is a pretty big condemnation in my book.

Upvote 0

Harlan Norris

Jun 20, 2005
Aurora Co
✟10,455.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The affairs of the world are the will of God. Our time here is a test. God wants to know who is with him. If we believers refuse to be part of the evil around us, we will do well. however, it has occoured to me, that people change from the inside out, not the outside in. So, going out and condemning the evil doers, is an exercise in futility. On the other hand, if we live according to our faith, we become an example to others. This could actually result in bringing a soul or two to Jesus. They in turn will do as we have done.

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Harlan Norris said:
The affairs of the world are the will of God. Our time here is a test. God wants to know who is with him. If we believers refuse to be part of the evil around us, we will do well. however, it has occoured to me, that people change from the inside out, not the outside in. So, going out and condemning the evil doers, is an exercise in futility. On the other hand, if we live according to our faith, we become an example to others. This could actually result in bringing a soul or two to Jesus. They in turn will do as we have done.
Well said.

It worked for the early church. It worked for St Francis.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.