I wonder...

Status
Not open for further replies.

fresh

Jul 18, 2005
✟285.00
Faith
Christian
I wonder how many people here will defend this. I for one rebuke this totally. It seems a website is now providing a gateway for adulterers to mingle and just kick back and cheat a little. They say 60% of American men are having affairs and 40% of women are having affairs. Must be some men doubling up or swinging for the wrong team according to those stats. What a miserable World we live in, one so corrupt that when we shout out about things like homosexuality, schools stripping away the commandments, pollution flowing from wharehouse to river, etc.. we are called racist or right-wing, left-wing, fundamental, [place your own misconcieved notion here, please].

So, what is to be done my friends? Are we to glean together and erraticate these things? Should we continue to allow these things to take place and flourish quite well around us? What ever happened to morals, I wonder.

Anyway, I am frustrated now so go read this for yourself and tell me what you think: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8973962/

JunkYardDog

May 31, 2005
✟915.00
Faith
Christian
fresh said:
So, what is to be done my friends? Are we to glean together and erraticate these things? Should we continue to allow these things to take place and flourish quite well around us? What ever happened to morals, I wonder.

Of course we will not do anything together. We have people who say they are Christians on theis board who are admittena and unrepentant (even PROUD) homosexuals, fornicators, thieves, and more. Why would we think we will get consensus on adultery? I have no trouble imagining we have adlterers here too who might even be willing to defend these practices. CF has no standards as to who is and who isn't a Christian other than a creed on what one claims to believe. The NT gives us standards of BEHAVIOR, but that is simply too "judgmental" for many here (wait until they get to GOD and see how judgmental HE will be about this stuff). Don't wait for compartriots. If God is leading you to fight this stuff, do it!

Reactions: BarbB
Upvote 0

fresh

Jul 18, 2005
✟285.00
Faith
Christian
I totally agree with everything you said, every single bit of it. I do feel that God is looking for some bit of justice and through one of us, real Christians, I think that the duty of erratication via intelligence would please Him. I would be obliged to ruin that site myself if I had less to lose, career wise. However the deed would be as simple as 50 lines of code, the deed would still be wrong I suppose.

How else could one combat such a disease as this, peacefully? Perhaps a petition. Who would sign it? Perhaps a rally? Who would come? The root is called money my friend, this is the evil which should be erraticated but who here is willing to live without bread?

Perhaps the best we can do is to teach those younger than we to hate things like this, just as we do. Perhaps in time the World will be rid of this blite for good. Until then, I wait.

Upvote 0

JunkYardDog

May 31, 2005
✟915.00
Faith
Christian
fresh said:
I totally agree with everything you said, every single bit of it. I do feel that God is looking for some bit of justice and through one of us, real Christians, I think that the duty of erratication via intelligence would please Him. I would be obliged to ruin that site myself if I had less to lose, career wise. However the deed would be as simple as 50 lines of code, the deed would still be wrong I suppose.

How else could one combat such a disease as this, peacefully? Perhaps a petition. Who would sign it? Perhaps a rally? Who would come? The root is called money my friend, this is the evil which should be erraticated but who here is willing to live without bread?

Perhaps the best we can do is to teach those younger than we to hate things like this, just as we do. Perhaps in time the World will be rid of this blite for good. Until then, I wait.

So long as God has people to stand for truth, it will be worth it.

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
A very long way away. Sometimes even further.
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
TheDag said:
So what is your suggested solution or are we just here to have a gripe?
I think they are just here to have a rant about other people having fun doing things they don't approve of. Much less stressful than worrying about what you are doing that you shouldn't be.

This is not really news, is it? People have been doing the wrong thing since there have been people, and other people have been happy to make money helping them since money was invented.

Upvote 0

ChristianCenturion

Veteran / Tuebor
Feb 9, 2005
In front of a computer
✟32,988.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
fresh said:
there is nothing we can do.

Pray and be faithful to God.
Praise what is praise-worthy and expose what is wicked.

As long as we reflect what God has judged to those that are lost, we don't share in their sins. I wouldn't say there is nothing we can do; the above can involve a lifetime of work. We should also EXPECT it to only get worse and learn how to serve God faithfully despite the wicked. The return of the Lord will be because of an increase in adultery and so much more. I tend to be comforted by the Apostles in that they too were surrounded by immorality on an even grander scale, yet they were successful by living, teaching and letting God change the heart.
We don't have to like things such as what you bring up, but we can take comfort in knowing that the battle belongs to the Lord and we are not alone. :hug:

Upvote 0

JunkYardDog

May 31, 2005
✟915.00
Faith
Christian
ebia said:
I think they are just here to have a rant about other people having fun doing things they don't approve of. Much less stressful than worrying about what you are doing that you shouldn't be.

You are right. We do rant about people who have fun sinning. We warn them of the consequenses, too. However, we are able to do two things at once: While we may confront others for their sin, we also confront and repent of our own sins.

Upvote 0

fresh

Jul 18, 2005
✟285.00
Faith
Christian
ebia, you say that so eloquantly as if you have found complacentcy with the constant upheaval of morals to be replaced with the corruption of the World around you. You say, they are just trying to have fun.. should I shake you awake? Do you want to live in Sodom and Gamorah? Are you willing to suffer their tribulations? I for one am not getting the blame for the wrong in this World that people like you have learnt to except. It is all one big exscuse, they say, I am in it for the money, then they are gluttons! They say, I do it for the poor ol' suffering adulterers, then they are a Succubus! Either way, it is a sin and they are wrong!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

fresh

Jul 18, 2005
✟285.00
Faith
Christian
ChristianCenturion said:
Pray and be faithful to God.
Praise what is praise-worthy and expose what is wicked.

As long as we reflect what God has judged to those that are lost, we don't share in their sins. I wouldn't say there is nothing we can do; the above can involve a lifetime of work. We should also EXPECT it to only get worse and learn how to serve God faithfully despite the wicked. The return of the Lord will be because of an increase in adultery and so much more. I tend to be comforted by the Apostles in that they too were surrounded by immorality on an even grander scale, yet they were successful by living, teaching and letting God change the heart.
We don't have to like things such as what you bring up, but we can take comfort in knowing that the battle belongs to the Lord and we are not alone. :hug:

I wish it were so easy to find comfort in watching the World burn down. It is as if we have all been lieing for so long that we are starting to except the lies as our combined truth. For example, a man from the city moves to the country, he becomes a DJ at a local radio station.. he is a facist. He gathered a militia and they are livid with hate for conservation. When all these people want is to preserve some trees, they are powerless against these men.. THE WHOLE ENTIRE TOWN!!! I ask you, how can this be? How can one just sit back and watch one man build an army of hate and do nothing about it, to the point of losing all power?? It is completly mind boggling to me!

The World is not as precious as you would like to think. Without our illusion of hope, we would know the ultimate truth. And, that truth is that we live and we die.. nothing we do or have done will matter, the World will continue to either get better or worse. It is nice to find comfort in the Apostles, I tend to admire characters from the OT most myself. Still, the World still burns.

Upvote 0

ChristianCenturion

Veteran / Tuebor
Feb 9, 2005
In front of a computer
✟32,988.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
fresh said:
I wish it were so easy to find comfort in watching the World burn down. It is as if we have all been lieing for so long that we are starting to except the lies as our combined truth. For example, a man from the city moves to the country, he becomes a DJ at a local radio station.. he is a facist. He gathered a militia and they are livid with hate for conservation. When all these people want is to preserve some trees, they are powerless against these men.. THE WHOLE ENTIRE TOWN!!! I ask you, how can this be? How can one just sit back and watch one man build an army of hate and do nothing about it, to the point of losing all power?? It is completly mind boggling to me!
Obviously, you aren't familiar with me. :D
I hear your frustration, but I have been given neither a spirit of dispair nor are we to be without self-control and in our anger, be brought to sin.
I didn't say that I found "comfort in watching the world burn down". Those were your words and I truly hope you weren't implying that it was my sentiment.
The World is not as precious as you would like to think. Without our illusion of hope, we would know the ultimate truth. And, that truth is that we live and we die.. nothing we do or have done will matter, the World will continue to either get better or worse. It is nice to find comfort in the Apostles, I tend to admire characters from the OT most myself. Still, the World still burns.

Gold is purified by fire.

Upvote 0

fresh

Jul 18, 2005
✟285.00
Faith
Christian
if i told you the answer you would swear I was trying to offend you. haha, I never said you thought anything, thats what I think.. the World is dieing and almost dead.. wait till you are without the pleasures that you seek which make you content. Wait till the gas is 6 a gallon, wait till famine and thirst comes between us, wait till you have no more rights and have to identify yourself everywhere you go by your thumb print, then you will know despair. You are much to optimistic and perhaps sheltered. Let the World take away everything and then find content in that. What are you waiting for? Didn't Christ tell us to give up everything and bare His cross? How big is your house and how lovely does your A/C feel on your skin? You don't have despair because you don't know despair. Think about the children in Africa swiming in fecies and sleeping on a dirt floor, dieing of malnutrition.. should I feel content with that? What about this horribly sensless crusade going on in Iraq.. why call it a war at all.. this is not war, it is a scrap between the muslims and the jews.. period! We became involved after they bombed are cities and subways.. are you content with that?

Despair is not so bad, John had despair and discontent with the World. It is not the World I care about, it is the fact that this disease is washing up on my front porch, being broadcasted on my TV, and actually affecting the people of this nation. When it begins to affect my friends, my family, my despair is multiplied. Yet, one more thing to help increase my disenchantment, this new venture acting as a gateway to fornication and adultery.. in this I will not find content, not even in the Gospel. You talk as if despair is evil, it is because of my despair I am convienced to remain good and at peace with my enemys. If I was "out-of-control" do you think I would be spending my time here talking about it? Stop being so seasame street like, this is your life, our lives we are talking about here. And, we don't live in a Walgreens World.

Upvote 0

meglovesyou98

Aug 15, 2005
Florida
Visit site
✟278.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I would love to go up to people and be all like 'turn from your evil ways or burn in hell' but we have to work on our own sins first. Just think, GOd is going to punish them for their sins if they are not believers and if they are believers, true believers, they better change their ways in order to be examples to nonchritains.

Upvote 0

ChristianCenturion

Veteran / Tuebor
Feb 9, 2005
In front of a computer
✟32,988.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
fresh said:
if i told you the answer you would swear I was trying to offend you. haha, I never said you thought anything, thats what I think.. the World is dieing and almost dead.. wait till you are without the pleasures that you seek which make you content. Wait till the gas is 6 a gallon, wait till famine and thirst comes between us, wait till you have no more rights and have to identify yourself everywhere you go by your thumb print, then you will know despair. You are much to optimistic and perhaps sheltered. Let the World take away everything and then find content in that. What are you waiting for? Didn't Christ tell us to give up everything and bare His cross? How big is your house and how lovely does your A/C feel on your skin? You don't have despair because you don't know despair. Think about the children in Africa swiming in fecies and sleeping on a dirt floor, dieing of malnutrition.. should I feel content with that? What about this horribly sensless crusade going on in Iraq.. why call it a war at all.. this is not war, it is a scrap between the muslims and the jews.. period! We became involved after they bombed are cities and subways.. are you content with that?

Despair is not so bad, John had despair and discontent with the World. It is not the World I care about, it is the fact that this disease is washing up on my front porch, being broadcasted on my TV, and actually affecting the people of this nation. When it begins to affect my friends, my family, my despair is multiplied. Yet, one more thing to help increase my disenchantment, this new venture acting as a gateway to fornication and adultery.. in this I will not find content, not even in the Gospel. You talk as if despair is evil, it is because of my despair I am convienced to remain good and at peace with my enemys. If I was "out-of-control" do you think I would be spending my time here talking about it? Stop being so seasame street like, this is your life, our lives we are talking about here. And, we don't live in a Walgreens World.

OK, now you are only proving that you don't know me.
I only hope that you aren't becoming the seed that is choked out by the thorns, I'm having trouble seeing in your replies what should be the Good News we are to give. I suppose to some, my statements could be viewed as over-simplified or Seasame Street; however, I would recommend that you not jump to conclusions there. I am merely pointing out that what I truly wish for isn't going to come until His return and while focusing on the depraved in an unhealthy manner, one can lose sight of what we are to do... our first love. People can't be forced into being saved, one serves God in His changing the heart and they change that much more of the world.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

fresh

Jul 18, 2005
✟285.00
Faith
Christian
you've pursuaded me to come back to this.. I admire your innocence, I mean that in a respectful way. But, the problem is not if these people believe in God or the Gospel or whatever.. the problem is that we as a nation have become so desensitized that we are now able to step over a homeless person sprawled out on the city sidewalks, like they do in Tokyo. In fact a man laid dead for almost a month before anyone bothered to move him and hopefully, (I am not sure) bury him.

Do you see what I am saying now? I am not saying to go tell anyone they will go to hell, I think that is a sin. I am trying to get across to people that it is time to wake up to what is happening in the World around us. Yes, it is too late to do anything about it, no one here is powerful enough to try, and those who are, are to busy making money and surpressing technology for the sake of profit.

I have already given us the answer, review my second post in this thread, all the way towards the end.. recall I said, we should combat this peacfully with intelligence and by making sure that we embed in our children the same hate we have for things of this nature. That is all we can do.

Upvote 0

fresh

Jul 18, 2005
✟285.00
Faith
Christian
I didn't mean to say your simple, I meant don't try to candy coat things. It is like the World is so bad that we must tell each other to have a good day as if we aren't destined to have one. That in its self is a candy coat, sesame street version of truth.

We serve God by rejecting the World and choosing the ways of Christ, to be perfect in every way. This is not accomplished by sitting idle while evil gets more abundant and the good dies away. Thorns choke me out, that is not the case and you know that it is not. I am closer to God in my despair than anyone on Sesame street.

Upvote 0

mortsmune

Veteran
Jun 17, 2005
Oklahoma
Visit site
✟9,257.00
Faith
Non-Denom
fresh said:

I suggest you read The Hiding Place by Corrie Tenboom and Tortured for Christ by Richard Wurmbrand. History is filled with examples of Christians who have lived victoriously through desperate situations. Our hope is not in the things that this world has to offer.
Rom 8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

Upvote 0

fresh

Jul 18, 2005
✟285.00
Faith
Christian
yes sir, you are correct, my hope is certainly not synthetic. However, we are not speaking of hope or bullied Chrisitians and how they coped with that. I mean we could examine what happened in Rome and try to learn from that but, that wont solve what is going on today. Plus, we must remember that they suffered to keep the Christian faith alive. They didn't sit back and allow the Pagans and Jews to kill out the Chrisitian religion. They weren't necessarily sitting back idle. The difference now a days is that we are sitting idle. And our best exscuse is, look forward to death because it will all be OK then. Of course it will be OK then, hopefully I wil be in Heaven for crying out loud. WHAT ABOUT THE REST! Should we sacrifice our children to these wolves? Go to a public school and see how many of them care about being perfect in the eyes of God. Why do you think they are this way? It surely isn't because their parents are teaching them morals so, what is? What is, is the lack of action in our society against these morally inept people getting away with their absolutley outlandish schemes! Whats worse is people just want to ignore these things and let them happen. This reminds me of this nature show I saw where a Giraffe had a baby and it couldn't walk well enough and these jackals sat paitiently waiting for the mother to leave the baby behind, well it wasn't leaving it behind it was only trying to coach it to walk, well she went to far and the jackals got it and ate the baby right in front of her as she sat back idle watching it all happen. This is what will happen to us all and I don't like it a bit, regardless where I go when I die, I am not dead yet and I haven't forgtten nor have ignored the injustice that has been and will be done to the people of this World. Especially the children which can be taught to be better.

Upvote 0

onajourney87

Contributor
Oct 28, 2003
✟13,963.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
fresh said:
there is nothing we can do.

Are you saying that just to stimulate discussion, or are you serious? :scratch: Apparently you are serious...

I know what I'm doing... I'm going out and sharing the Gospel with people.

How can you talk about finding comfort in the apostles and not realizing that they gave their lives to spread the Gospel for Christ? :scratch:

Kyle

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.