I WIsh Nonchristians Would STOP Trying to Force Their Beliefs Down My Throat!

TheEmily

Jul 28, 2005
London, UK
Visit site
✟15,143.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
WHY somebody pushed their beliefs is totally irrelevant. The questions was IF these people push their beliefs. Non-Christians (or like the examples he cited, eg gays, atheists, "naked" women) tend not to, whereas christians do, and it seems you agree with me!

Mwwwaaahhh!!! :kiss:

Upvote 0
O

onemessiah

Electric Sceptic said:
No idea what this refers to.

Sorry, forgot to include your post. You were saying at the beginning of the thread that the average human height was 5'6" and around 140 lbs. I replied that human remains have been found that belonged to giant people, their sizes ranging from 9' to 14' tall. Your reply was that no such remains were found.

My response to that is that these remains are displayed in museums.
I don't doubt that some of the pictures of "findings" are hoaxes; but the fact still remains that we have credible physical evidence for the existence of giant human beings.

Upvote 0

MC1171611

Jul 22, 2005
Indiana
✟772.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
TheEmily said:
WHY somebody pushed their beliefs is totally irrelevant. The questions was IF these people push their beliefs. Non-Christians (or like the examples he cited, eg gays, atheists, "naked" women) tend not to, whereas christians do, and it seems you agree with me!

Mwwwaaahhh!!!

So, if I'm walking down the street, and see that your house is on fire without your knowledge, with you inside, I should ignore it and walk off, because I might offend you with my "belief"? When I see someone that is ignorant of his/her impending eternal destructon in Hell, I am supposed to ignore them, and let them burn forever?

He does have a point, however. The control of the news media, Hollywood, and the advertising industry is in the hands of wicked, vile people, who don't care who their offal offends. These people want money; we want your soul to escape eternal torment. So, there is a big difference.

Upvote 0

Asimov

Objectivist
Sep 9, 2003
White Rock
✟7,455.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
CA-Others
MC1171611 said:
So, if I'm walking down the street, and see that your house is on fire without your knowledge, with you inside, I should ignore it and walk off, because I might offend you with my "belief"?

Huh?

When I see someone that is ignorant of his/her impending eternal destructon in Hell, I am supposed to ignore them, and let them burn forever?

That's your belief...the house on fire has nothing to do with beliefs.

He does have a point, however. The control of the news media, Hollywood, and the advertising industry is in the hands of wicked, vile people, who don't care who their offal offends.

More commonly known as Christians?

These people want money; we want your soul to escape eternal torment. So, there is a big difference.

Not really...considering what many of us have had to put up with from people like you.

Upvote 0

MC1171611

Jul 22, 2005
Indiana
✟772.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Asimov said:

If your house is on fire, with you in it, and I don't warn you, then your blood will be on my hands. It's that simple.

Asimov said:
That's your belief...the house on fire has nothing to do with beliefs.

That is a fact, wether you want to believe it or not. Truth needs no apologetics.

Asimov said:
More commonly known as Christians?

Those people are not Christians. Christian means Christ-like, and that is the absolute lase modifier that could be applied to people like that.

Asimov said:
Not really...considering what many of us have had to put up with from people like you.

If you are so hard-headed, then you can go to Hell, if that is what you want. You don't have to believe the Truth that has been given to you. God has given you a chance, and you are rejecting it. Your blood is now on your own hands: don't blame me.

Upvote 0

Electric Sceptic

Dec 4, 2004
✟3,622.00
Faith
Atheist
onemessiah said:
Sorry, forgot to include your post. You were saying at the beginning of the thread that the average human height was 5'6" and around 140 lbs. I replied that human remains have been found that belonged to giant people, their sizes ranging from 9' to 14' tall. Your reply was that no such remains were found.

I don't doubt that some of the pictures of "findings" are hoaxes; but the fact still remains that we have credible physical evidence for the existence of giant human beings.
Please cite ANY museum displaying any such thing.

It's nosense. We don't have any credible physical evidence for the existence of giant human beings (aside, of course, from 'normal' exceptionally tall people, such as Robert Wadlow who, according to Guinness, is the tallest human ever, at 8' 11").

Upvote 0

Electric Sceptic

Dec 4, 2004
✟3,622.00
Faith
Atheist
MC1171611 said:
So, if I'm walking down the street, and see that your house is on fire without your knowledge, with you inside, I should ignore it and walk off, because I might offend you with my "belief"?
Bad analogy. To be accurate, the house isn't on fire - it's some 'special' type of danger that only you can see - to the best of my knowledge, it's not in danger at all. And I'm well aware that you and others like you think it's in danger. So yes, you should ignore it, because I already know that you think it's in danger.

MC1171611 said:
When I see someone that is ignorant of his/her impending eternal destructon in Hell, I am supposed to ignore them, and let them burn forever?
If you can find anyone over the age of ten in the United States who's not aware that he'll burn in hell (according to Xianity) unless he believes, go right ahead. Until then, leave everyone else alone.

Upvote 0

MC1171611

Jul 22, 2005
Indiana
✟772.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Electric Sceptic said:

You're right. There are probably not any of these in museums. That is because they are run by EVOLUTIONISTS! Many people that have made discoveries that mess up the "theory" have been fired, or kicked out of the "scientific" community.

Upvote 0

Electric Sceptic

Dec 4, 2004
✟3,622.00
Faith
Atheist
MC1171611 said:
You're right. There are probably not any of these in museums. That is because they are run by EVOLUTIONISTS!
Close. They're run by scientists.

MC1171611 said:
Many people that have made discoveries that mess up the "theory" have been fired, or kicked out of the "scientific" community.
No, there haven't. This is simply rampant paranoia.

Upvote 0

Asimov

Objectivist
Sep 9, 2003
White Rock
✟7,455.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
CA-Others
MC1171611 said:
If your house is on fire, with you in it, and I don't warn you, then your blood will be on my hands. It's that simple.

No it wont.

That is a fact, wether you want to believe it or not. Truth needs no apologetics.

You haven't demonstrated it as fact, you only claim it to be fact.
Those people are not Christians. Christian means Christ-like, and that is the absolute lase modifier that could be applied to people like that.

Well nobody can be christ-like, because christ was perfect. If all Christians were christ like, then there wouldn't be need for a hell, now would there?

If you are so hard-headed, then you can go to Hell, if that is what you want. You don't have to believe the Truth that has been given to you. God has given you a chance, and you are rejecting it. Your blood is now on your own hands: don't blame me.

It's not truth. God hasn't presented anything, you only claim he has, and I have no reason to accept what you have said as truth.

An example:

Me: You will go to hell if you don't accept Zeus.
You: Well I have no reason to accept that as truth.
Me: Well I have given you the truth and it's your own fault if you don't believe me.

You notice how I didn't demonstrate anything? Notice how all I made were unsubstantiated statements that contained nothing that could be demonstrably true?

That is what you are doing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rachelness

Aug 24, 2004
✟7,907.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
MC1171611 said:
in the hands of wicked, vile people

Erm.....

'nuff said.

Upvote 0

Asimov

Objectivist
Sep 9, 2003
White Rock
✟7,455.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
CA-Others
MC1171611 said:
You're right. There are probably not any of these in museums. That is because they are run by EVOLUTIONISTS! Many people that have made discoveries that mess up the "theory" have been fired, or kicked out of the "scientific" community.

Of course, you won't back any of this up.

Upvote 0

corvus_corax

Naclist Hierophant and Prophet
Jan 19, 2005
Oregon
✟14,911.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
onemessiah said:
SI replied that human remains have been found that belonged to giant people, their sizes ranging from 9' to 14' tall. Your reply was that no such remains were found.
then he comes back and says...
MC1171611 said:
You're right. There are probably not any of these <evidences of giant humans> in museums. That is because they are run by EVOLUTIONISTS! Many people that have made discoveries that mess up the "theory" have been fired, or kicked out of the "scientific" community.

So which is it MC1171611? Are they in museums (as you solidly stated to begin with), or are they NOT in museums?

Which is it? On display or not?
Please make up your mind. The very least you could do is be consistent in your assertions.
Or are you just making this garbage up? Seing as how you havent posted an actual source for your claim, we can safely assume that you're just making it up (at least until you provide evidence)

Upvote 0

MC1171611

Jul 22, 2005
Indiana
✟772.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
corvus_corax said:
So which is it MC1171611? Are they in museums (as you solidly stated to begin with), or are they NOT in museums?

You really ought to check on who you are quoting, buddy. I never said that there is anything in museums: I said that the reason that there are no specimens of giant men in museums is because they are run by believers in the evolution "theory."

Upvote 0

Electric Sceptic

Dec 4, 2004
✟3,622.00
Faith
Atheist
corvus_corax said:
then he comes back and says...

Which is it? On display or not?
Please make up your mind. The very least you could do is be consistent in your assertions.
Just a note - MC1171611 didn't claim they are on display in museums. It was onemessiah who claimed that. MC1171611 jumped up to say that there aren't any, because of some huge world-wide conspiracy. So he hasn't been inconsistent.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Electric Sceptic

Dec 4, 2004
✟3,622.00
Faith
Atheist
MC1171611 said:
You really ought to check on who you are quoting, buddy. I never said that there is anything in museums: I said that the reason that there are no specimens of giant men in museums is because they are run by believers in the evolution "theory."
Yes, and you haven't backed that up in any way. Which is, of course, no surprise to any of us.

Upvote 0

corvus_corax

Jan 19, 2005
Oregon
✟14,911.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Electric Sceptic said:
Just a note - MC1171611 didn't claim they are on display in museums. It was onemessiah who claimed that. MC1171611 jumped up to say that there aren't any, because of some huge world-wide conspiracy. So he hasn't been inconsistent.
Quite right, my bad
MC1171611 said:
Quite right, my bad
Consider my statement retracted, buddy

Upvote 0
O

onemessiah

Electric Sceptic said:

It's nosense. We don't have any credible physical evidence for the existence of giant human beings (aside, of course, from 'normal' exceptionally tall people, such as Robert Wadlow who, according to Guinness, is the tallest human ever, at 8' 11").

One such museum is Mt. Blanco Fossil Museum in Crosbyton, Texas. I will get a link for you. They post a picture of a 47" human femur bone belonging to a human they estimate to be between 12'-14' tall and 1200 lbs.

Will be back with a link shortly, you can see some of their displays online for yourself.

Upvote 0

corvus_corax

Jan 19, 2005
Oregon
✟14,911.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
onemessiah said:
One such museum is Mt. Blanco Fossil Museum in Crosbyton, Texas. I will get a link for you. They post a picture of a 47" human femur bone belonging to a human they estimate to be between 12'-14' tall and 1200 lbs.
Mt Blanco (HERE) has removed the picture of the giant femur
Why? I dont know, but its likely they removed it because it isnt a fossil. Its a model based on a letter describing a giant femur

IOW, there is still NO actual evidence presented for this assertion of giant people

Upvote 0

Electric Sceptic

Dec 4, 2004
✟3,622.00
Faith
Atheist
onemessiah said:
Sorry, but you'll have to do better than that. I can't find any mention of the bone in question on their website, but I may well have missed it.

However, their Q&A page states:

We are a science museum, showing facts and data about the actual fossils in the museum. We believe that evolution is an old-fashioned theory not substantiated by facts, and that what the Bible says is more scientifically accurate. Our museum shows that there was a worldwide flood only a few thousand years ago.

This statement completely destroys any scientific credibility this 'museum' might have had.

Upvote 0