• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I wish I could understand why my mother committed suicide

Michael2021

Aug 14, 2021
✟8,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My life was shattered and fortunately I was adopted. All my biological siblings are dead and I never bonded with my new family. Looking back, I'd say my adoptive mother was like a saint and loved me. The anniversary of her death just passed and it rips me up inside. I find it very difficult to connect with people on a deep level and am pathologically independent. My inner voice is going around a vicious circle without any resolution.

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟732,859.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Being a person who has thought about suicide, it really comes down to a feeling of hopelessness. A feeling like there is nothing that has hope. It is not that the person does not care about those around them, and it is not selfishness. It is just an overwhelming feeling of loss. As Christians, we should not judge people who commit such an act harshly, God knows the depth of sorrow endured, and many people who have committed such acts would be in Jesus's arms.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,033.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
My life was shattered and fortunately I was adopted. All my biological siblings are dead and I never bonded with my new family. Looking back, I'd say my adoptive mother was like a saint and loved me. The anniversary of her death just passed and it rips me up inside. I find it very difficult to connect with people on a deep level and am pathologically independent. My inner voice is going around a vicious circle without any resolution.
I don't think that you will ever find a satisfactory answer. It seems to me that you are working through the different stages of grief, and this will carry on for quite a while, perhaps years. You will feel it more acutely on each anniversary of her death. My father passed away in June of 1982 at the age of 61, too young. I still feel a sense of grief all these years later, especially when I sometimes dream about him, where I try to tell him how much I love and appreciate him. But as we work through the different stages of grief, there ultimately comes a point of acceptance and we are able to get on with life. But that slight ache never really goes away. Putting your trust in Christ and seeking to do His will for your life helps.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟893,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to CF. I will pray that you find peace in Him.
Blessings.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟344,265.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What is it telling you?
Having been through the same thing. I think it is the worse way to lose someone. Especially someone who is dear to us like our moms.
What are your thoughts on God through all this?

Upvote 0