✟90,713.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Joel 3:

2 I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.
Where was the Valley of Jehoshaphat?

the Valley
עֵ֖מֶק (‘ê·meq)
Noun - masculine singular construct
Strong's 6010: A vale

of Jehoshaphat.
יְהֽוֹשָׁפָ֑ט (yə·hō·wō·šā·p̄āṭ)
Noun - proper - masculine singular
Strong's 3092: Jehoshaphat -- 'the LORD has judged', the name of a number of Israelites

The name Jehoshaphat literally meant 'the LORD has judged'. Joel 3:2 emphasizes the trial and judgment of nations.

14 Multitudes, multitudes, in the valley of decision! For the day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision. 15The sun and the moon are darkened, and the stars withdraw their shining.
The Valley of Jehoshaphat symbolizes the valley of the Lord's judgment.

As a prophecy, it has a double fulfillment, Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary:

Parallel to Zec 14:2, 3, 4, where the "Mount of Olives" answers to the "Valley of Jehoshaphat" here. The latter is called "the valley of blessing" (Berachah) (2Ch 20:26). It lies between Jerusalem and the Mount of Olives and has the Kedron flowing through it. As Jehoshaphat overthrew the confederate foes of Judah, namely, Ammon, Moab, &c. (Ps 83:6-8), in this valley, so God was to overthrow the Tyrians, Zidonians, Philistines, Edom, and Egypt, with a similar utter overthrow (Joe 3:4, 19). This has been long ago fulfilled;
That's the first fulfillment. There is one yet to come:

but the ultimate event shadowed forth herein is still future, when God shall specially interpose to destroy Jerusalem's last foes, of whom Tyre, Zidon, Edom, Egypt, and Philistia are the types. As "Jehoshaphat" means "the judgment of Jehovah," the valley of Jehoshaphat may be used as a general term for the theater of God's final judgments on Israel's foes, with an allusion to the judgment inflicted on them by Jehoshaphat. The definite mention of the Mount of Olives in Zec 14:4, and the fact that this was the scene of the ascension, makes it likely the same shall be the scene of Christ's coming again: compare "this same Jesus … shall so come in like manner as ye have seen Him go into heaven" (Ac 1:11).

• Winner
Reactions: Grip Docility

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟93,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Joel 3:

Where was the Valley of Jehoshaphat?

the Valley
עֵ֖מֶק (‘ê·meq)
Noun - masculine singular construct
Strong's 6010: A vale

of Jehoshaphat.
יְהֽוֹשָׁפָ֑ט (yə·hō·wō·šā·p̄āṭ)
Noun - proper - masculine singular
Strong's 3092: Jehoshaphat -- 'the LORD has judged', the name of a number of Israelites

The name Jehoshaphat literally meant 'the LORD has judged'. Joel 3:2 emphasizes the trial and judgment of nations.

The Valley of Jehoshaphat symbolizes the valley of the Lord's judgment.

As a prophecy, it has a double fulfillment, Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary:

That's the first fulfillment. There is one yet to come:
YES... JUST YES!!!!! Jesus feet go up, Jesus feet come down! How do so many Theologians MISS THIS! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :tearsofjoy: Well written!

Upvote 0