Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
It was aired in 1985. Filmed in Tidewater, Virginia.

"Going Home"

Magnum went home for his grandfather's funeral. David Huddleston played his stepfather.

The music was awesome (I got tears in my eyes at the end).

10 Several classic original "oldies" can be heard in this episode: "Come Go With Me" by the Del-Vikings, "When I Fall in Love" by Nat King Cole, "Duke of Earl" by Gene Chandler, and Joe Cocker's version of Bob Dylan's "I Shall Be Released". The Cocker song is memorably highlighted at the end of the episode when Magnum visits the Vietnam Memorial.

Hello Kitty Love.gif

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
Oh I can imagine that would be tear-jerking. I remember times when I've felt an episode of a programme or a film really touched me (only because I'm old I can't remember what most of them were now! :doh:).

A film I like, and think the music is very well suited to the story, is 'You've got Mail'. Maybe one of the reasons is that the girl in it lost her mother young (she inherited her mother's bookstore, which is in the beginning of the film so that's not a spoiler) as I did. There's a scene where she remembered her, and I choke up every time I see it.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 person
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Oh I can imagine that would be tear-jerking. I remember times when I've felt an episode of a programme or a film really touched me (only because I'm old I can't remember what most of them were now! :doh:).

^_^

A film I like, and think the music is very well suited to the story, is 'You've got Mail'. Maybe one of the reasons is that the girl in it lost her mother young (she inherited her mother's bookstore, which is in the beginning of the film so that's not a spoiler) as I did. There's a scene where she remembered her, and I choke up every time I see it.

Oh. yes! The old version(1940) had James Stewart as Margaret Sullavan's future husband. It was called The Shop Around the Corner.

I'm sorry you lost your mother when you were young. My neices lost their mother when she was 52. The younger ones hadn't graduated from high school.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
Oh. yes! The old version(1940) had James Stewart as Margaret Sullavan's future husband. It was called The Shop Around the Corner.
I'll have a look for that. I love old films and enjoy watching James Stewart. :)

I'm sorry you lost your mother when you were young. My neices lost their mother when she was 52. The younger ones hadn't graduated from high school.
Thank you - it was hard. I'm sorry to hear about your nieces and the loss of your sister/SIL. It must have been a great loss to all the family.

Upvote 0