USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I just wanted to give testimony to the best decision I have made in my life, next to accepting Jesus as my Savior. My career was on its way, as I was in my 3rd year of college when I was raped by a so called friend after my cervical cancer procedure. There wasn't a phone in the house or I would have called the police. All I could do was lay there in a puddle of blood and cry as I couldn't walk from the procedure and was in a lot of pain. I struggled with my family being determined that I was NOT going to give up everything I had worked for to have my rapists baby. It was out of the question. I did not believe in abortion, but I really wasn't ready for a baby. I prayed and soul searched and my doctor told me I would lose the baby because I barely had a cervix. Bed-ridden, I promised God if He allowed this baby to carry to term and it was His will, I would have him. My baby was born 8 weeks early to be born on Easter Sunday that year, and though I struggled financially, my son is the best son a Mom could have, loving, kind, funny, and so smart. That was 19 years ago and now he is a manager at a popular grocery chain and I could not be prouder! Our triple baptism was his idea and it was glorious!( except he was worried about his hair!) Don't abort! Have God's children and you will be blessed beyond belief- I promise! It won't be easy...but it will be worth it!View attachment 286246

View attachment 286259

What a BEAUTIFUL story!! I can relate on some level. This is so sweet and awesome, I could cry.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
What a BEAUTIFUL story!! I can relate on some level. This is so sweet and awesome, I could cry.
It really was a blessing all the way around and I would do it again as God gave me the strength to endure it and overcome the trauma of it. It was hard when my son thought I loved my daughter more than him when he was 10 but I sat him down and told him what happened. At that point I realized I might have been resenting him a little bit and I felt so small. I hugged him and told him that keeping him was a decision I made because he was wanted. We bonded and things became great from there. I think he appreciated my honesty. It was hard though because in a pro choice world we met opposition like when his teacher wanted to fail him for first grade for not making a family tree, or for making a fathers day gift for dad and I went down to the school and let them have it. They felt horrible, because I told them they were judging this small child for being alive without knowing his circumstance for being born. They gave him an alternative assignment and in the future I told his teachers ahead of time in case of any father projects so that wouldn't happen again. Then the man I ended up marrying raised him as his own and have a wonderful relationship. I know God frowns on having children out of wedlock, but He blessed us in my case with a wonderful son.

Upvote 0

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It really was a blessing all the way around and I would do it again as God gave me the strength to endure it and overcome the trauma of it. It was hard when my son thought I loved my daughter more than him when he was 10 but I sat him down and told him what happened. At that point I realized I might have been resenting him a little bit and I felt so small. I hugged him and told him that keeping him was a decision I made because he was wanted. We bonded and things became great from there. I think he appreciated my honesty. It was hard though because in a pro choice world we met opposition like when his teacher wanted to fail him for first grade for not making a family tree, or for making a fathers day gift for dad and I went down to the school and let them have it. They felt horrible, because I told them they were judging this small child for being alive without knowing his circumstance for being born. They gave him an alternative assignment and in the future I told his teachers ahead of time in case of any father projects so that wouldn't happen again. Then the man I ended up marrying raised him as his own and have a wonderful relationship. I know God frowns on having children out of wedlock, but He blessed us in my case with a wonderful son.

It's very sad that we have to change the way we approach long-held traditions with our children at school, like making gifts for Mother's Day or Father's Day. So many children don't have two-parent households anymore. I can relate very well to what you dealt with.

It's awesome that he found a true "father" in the man you married! God is the father to the fatherless, let us never forget that!

Reactions: Macchiato
Upvote 0