• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I want to be saved but im gay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanz5000

Apr 25, 2005
Ipoh
✟15,158.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Lee_Lee said:
Hey dudes,
I'm am going through the same struggle at the moment- every fibre of my being tells me that I am a lesbian- but being gay is against the bible so for me it is very much a 'be alone the rest of my life' or 'go to hell' thing - as you can tell I loose either way.

I want to be gay and I want to be a lesbian.......I want to be a gay lesbian- is that really true???? do they exist? will I go to hell? I don't know-can God change me? I am very confused at the moment........

- I have sort of decided to leave it up to God- be open to anything and then see what happens from there........but I will give anyone a super hug if they could tell me what to do (I know i'm being cheeky - cause no one can really tell me what to do)

btw - sorry didn't mean to steal your thunder sam :p......

yes u can leave the rest to God, but there is something that even u wish to leave it to God , God will still leave it back to u. Do u wanna find out?

Upvote 0

Ssarl

Senior Veteran
Dec 7, 2004
✟10,083.00
Faith
Christian
Lee_Lee,

I'm am going through the same struggle at the moment- every fibre of my being tells me that I am a lesbian- but being gay is against the bible so for me it is very much a 'be alone the rest of my life' or 'go to hell' thing - as you can tell I loose either way.

hmmmmmm...........I get the whole concept of 'gay christian' - having those feelings but not acting on them- alls Im saying is it is a bloody hard choice.......:( don't know if any striaght person could get it.

:hug:
First of all, let me make it clear that I am not a straight person who doesn't get it. Emotional abuse has left me with a very damaged outlook on love. About a year and a half ago, I had no way of differentiating between love and abuse and therefore wanted no part of love - not God's, not man's. I shut myself off from it, not seeking it, not craving it, thinking it would *hurt*. At close to nineteen I've still never experienced the desire for a relationship.

However, I'm not somehow above this whole sex business - I am still a hormonal being the same as everybody else. I was, for a time, very much attracted to members of my own gender, as well as mascochistic desires and perversions that arose from my view that sex and love were somehow separate things.

But I knew this wasn't the direction I wanted my life to take. This may sound bizarre, but I made my moral vow when I was 10, and having stuck with it this far I've no intention of changing it. One part of it was that I didn't want to have sex with anybody outside of a marraige - lusting after other guys was not the way I nor God intended it to be.

So I made a commitment that I would allow Him to work on my heart. I took on celibacy, with the intention that either I would stick with it for life, or He would change me to enable me a healthy experience of love. I left it up to Him, and He honoured that - He has been healing my heart ever since then.

Now, I have finally accepted God's love for me, after a long, long struggle. I can accept the non-sexual love of my brothers in Christ; and the lust and desire for unhealthy relationships is gone. He is beginning to build the desire in me for a healthy marraige as well... there's a long, long way to go there, but His promise is that I will one day be free of this.

Our society does a wonderful job of perpetuating the myth that sexuality is a central part of our identity and our relationship with God that simply cannot be lived without, or changed. This is complete and utter nonsense -- convincing nonsense, true, but no more valid for it. You have worth as you are, you are loved by Jesus as you are and acceptable to God because of His sacrifice. Living without human sexual relationships *can* be done - Jesus' love is satisfying, and He gives unto us much greater rewards than that which we gave up for Him in the first place. Sexual orientation *can* change, if you want it to. And to suffer loneliness on the Earth to gain closeness to our Heavenly Father for eternity... that's not something I call a loss. :D

Upvote 0

YoursTruely45

Jun 22, 2005
Florida
✟15,260.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Politics
US-Republican
You do need to walk away. No matter how hard it may be. If you really want to change you have to make the effort and walk away. It seems like your parents are willing to listen and help, after all your dad is a pastor of a church. So...you need to honestly say "God I want to walk away...I need guidance and boldness can you help me" But I would really encourage you to talk to your parents because they are pastors.

Best of luck and keep us posted!:prayer:

Upvote 0

KTskater

Dec 2, 2004
✟21,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Look at this:

1 Cor. 6: 9-11

Do you not nkow that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor the idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor theives nor the greedy nor the drunkards nor the swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.(Now check this out) And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Also:
1 Cor. 6: 18
"Flee sexual immorality."

So Paul names off practices that he knows God finds despicable. Notice that worshiping other gods (Our God is a jelous God) is put there along with gossiping. Yeah speading rumors about your friend and talking bad about them is just as bad worshping a false gods. Also see that greedy is put up there with homosexual practices. Yup being greedy is just as sinful as homosexual actions. So what shall we then? Do not believe any feeling of temptation if it goes against what the Bible says.
For all the "gay" Christians (as in Christians still living the gay life style) God loves them just as much as he loves a heterosexual person. But we can't pick an choose verses that make us feel good. God is all or nothing.
If you're luke warm he will spit you out of his mouth (I wish I could find that verse). Do you think a striaght person should be allowed to sleep around and run amok? No of course not. Yet when the subject of homosexuality pops up people want make exceptions. You can't do that... and I'm as upset by that as any of you. The devil is tempting me like crazy to "just go ahead" and follow my own homosexual tendencies. For a little bit I thought it was God, but I read more into the Bible. God never contradicts His word. He holds it higher than his very name (wish I could find that verse too). Therefore anything that contradicts that is not God at all.

You can accept Jesus as your savour anytime. You can come as you are, in any case you can not resist temptation on your own.
Accepting Christ over internet doesn't seem to work very well. So find a Christian friend or go to a church and ask if they can help you accept Jesus as your Lord and savour, after that grow in your relationship with God by going to church, fellowshiping and reading the Bible.
My reading suggestions are: One of the four gospels. Luke and John are my favorites. Then Romans, it tells you everything you need to know about salvation. Then 1 Corinthians, it is a great book on how Christians need to behave in order to show God's love and be pure.

By all means PM me if you need more help, I'll do what ever I can.
God bless everyone who has tried to help this person (hopfully someone has), God will reward your kindness.

Upvote 0

Apostle390

Mar 4, 2004
Miami, Florida, USA
✟339.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
know exactly how you feel. I have struggled with it too, and I just want to say that you were not born that way and it's not permanent. God has changed me and it has felt so great. Live every moment for God and continue to rely on His awesome grace to change you. I want you to meditate on this Bible verse:
1 Corinthians 6:9-11
"Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolators, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the Kingdom of God. And such were some of you.
But you were washed [cleaned with water] ,
But you were sanctified [made holy and free from sin] ,
But you were justified [free from blame and made right] ,
in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God."
This verse contains so much power in it and is proof that anybody struggling with homosexual lusts is no worse than any other sinner. These verses are proof that change is possible for you! I pray you will apply it to your own life and see the work that God will perform in you.

Upvote 0

Tamara77777

Jul 9, 2005
✟9,631.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God...being saved? What is that anyways...IT IS REPENTING and TURNING AWAY FROM SIN. Find a christian based program that can help you and support you and find a church that has an outreach with those struggling. do a search and see what types of ministries... Talk with the LORD and be REAL...tell him I am a homosexual...he already knows, and I want to be saved...what do I do, please free me from this desire and help me to be free. Apply the blood of JESUS to you ...and ask Him to forgive you and free you.

I typed in search for Christian ministries for homosexuals

www.helovesyouministrie.org

start there...but whatever you do....don't give up! If anyone can help you overcome this problem it is the BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST...He wipes away every stain...praying for you! :crossrc:

Upvote 0

jezic

Jun 14, 2005
earth (usually)
✟331.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
earlier it was asked is it wrong to be gay.

By the inherent qualities in being gay one could argue it is wrong since it would seem to fight against the natural order of human qualities. However, far be it from me to judge a soul.

I would also agree that you can be "saved" in one form of the word even if you are "gay". You cannot be a practicing homosexual that thinks there is nothing wrong with the lifestyle and just sleeps around with people, but if you are trying to get out of it, of course you can. :)

though my definition of saved is rather different than most protestants.

I wish you the best and hope that you overcome this struggle.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bobbo2

Aug 23, 2005
✟7,618.00
Faith
Christian
I understand what you are going through. My story is a little bit different. I was born again in 2002 and managed to get myself (huge backslide) in an unGodly relationship about this time last year. Believe I have lost my salvation. You need to find a close personal friend who can accept your struggle (I would be happy to help you). You need to leave the relationship you are now in and never go back to being with other people who struggle with the same condition.

You need to find a church, start reading a Bible, and ask Jesus into your heart and ask Him to forgive you of your sins. Once you accept Jesus into your heart, ask Him to change you and He will. You will no longer have the feelings you once did. Trust me on this. The Lord will help you. You just have to believe in Him and know that He will deliver you from this sin. I am not on this site very often. Please email me at bobf@acadia.net.

Thank you and God bless you!!!,

Bob

mockingbird100 said:
Im 23 have been bought up in a caring strong christian family my whole life. Since i was 14 or 15 i have struggled with homosexual tendancies. When i was 21 i finally gave into this. Im now in a relationship...i feel ok about this tho i know its wrong. I want to be saved but i dont want to be a hypocrite. I have tried to walk away from this lifestyle but never seem to make it. I cant talk to my parents because it hurts them too much and they pastor a large church. What should i do

Upvote 0

Bonhoffer

Hoping......
Dec 17, 2003
Preston, Lancashire, UK
✟10,043.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Mockingbird, I am really proud of you already. The Father is proud that you want Him and He is happy that you feel prepared to change the way you live just to glorify Him.

I cannot promise you an easy walk and you cannot do this on your own. But by the grace of God He can help you.

It is better to think of the homosexual lifestyle not as something on a huge list of rules that is a big no-no, but as something that is a hinderence to a relationship with the one who loves you the most. In my opinion the homosexual lifestyle isnt spiritually healthy because it undermines our gender identities. To get the most out of God you must go celibate. You must be prepared to say Jesus is the most important thing in your life. It seems like a cruel test, but you will be rewarded for such courage and determination. I have the upmost respect for celibate Christians, whether gay or straight.

Find a good church, where the Bible is preached, but at the same time love,compassion and understanding is central. Find someone who understands your situation. Get together a good support network of friends and get them to pray for you. Find some Godly activity that you enjoy and put yourself into it.
I find that when I am feeling down about being single, that depression is lifted when I am busy doing something that I enjoy.

Keep with God and He will not let you down. Thats a promise in the Bible.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.