I want to be financially blessed what am I doing wrong?

LogosRhema

Awake
Oct 22, 2007
Fort Wayne
✟10,022.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Married
I will watch in haste... only issuing a word of warning as to how many use your words (the words of scripture) to justify their prejudices and judgments on others. We dare not give the enemy ammunition for which to attack our brothers and sisters.

I realize its hard, but please do discern the Spirit behind these words. I realize I'm young and I do admit that I don't know everything, but in the area of finances I am very well rounded in the knowledge of this.

I don't come out and give all my advice to anyone. I ask questions, there isn't one answer to specific problems when it concerns advice. Advice is personal which is why I'm asking so that I may route the advice accordingly.

It may seem that I'm here to criticize, but I'm not at all. I want to help her out.

Be blessed.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I realize its hard, but please do discern the Spirit behind these words. I realize I'm young and I do admit that I don't know everything, but in the area of finances I am very well rounded in the knowledge of this.

I don't come out and give all my advice to anyone. I ask questions, there isn't one answer to specific problems when it concerns advice. Advice is personal which is why I'm asking so that I may route the advice accordingly.

It may seem that I'm here to criticize, but I'm not at all. I want to help her out.

Be blessed.
I am sure you wish to help, and I am sure there is much you can offer in the area of wisdom on the topic, personally I don't think age gives anyone a corner on wisdom I know some older people who lack all kinds of wisdom. My only concern was that your words, would give people permission as it were to judge and attack rather than edify and build up. What your intend with the words is is yours and has not been revealed yet. I am anxiously awaiting your completion of your thoughts. But be warned, many use this biblical concept to further oppress those who already know oppression and that is damaging to the body not edifying. That kind of further oppression is evil and something God hates. Bottom line, I would love to know more about where you intended to go with this, but don't be nieve about how people twist and abuse scriptures, using caution to avoid excuses to judge and destroy.

Again, I am not saying this is your intent, I do not know your intent. I do know many who use this to justify their own bent on oppressing the poor and it is an evil that should be addressed.

Upvote 0

LogosRhema

Awake
Oct 22, 2007
Fort Wayne
✟10,022.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Married
I am sure you wish to help, and I am sure there is much you can offer in the area of wisdom on the topic, personally I don't think age gives anyone a corner on wisdom I know some older people who lack all kinds of wisdom. My only concern was that your words, would give people permission as it were to judge and attack rather than edify and build up. What your intend with the words is is yours and has not been revealed yet. I am anxiously awaiting your completion of your thoughts. But be warned, many use this biblical concept to further oppress those who already know oppression and that is damaging to the body not edifying. That kind of further oppression is evil and something God hates. Bottom line, I would love to know more about where you intended to go with this, but don't be nieve about how people twist and abuse scriptures, using caution to avoid excuses to judge and destroy.

Again, I am not saying this is your intent, I do not know your intent. I do know many who use this to justify their own bent on oppressing the poor and it is an evil that should be addressed.

No worries. :) I see your intentions as well.

I'm not going to use Biblically sources to thwart against her in anyway. I realize there are many out there that intend to do this, but I have no interests in such things.

I wish to build up and edify.

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Tithing is an important subject and provides a direct solution to the OP’s dilemma.

I’ve shared this many times before on this forum, but I’ll say it again since many of you never read it.

Tithing started with Abraham. Abraham was the Father of Faith, and existed long before Moses. It can also be argued that Cain and Abel were the first in the Bible to tithe and give of their substance. One of the major differences between the two brother’s offerings was that Able gave God his best, and Cain didn’t. In our case, 10% of one's gross pay is our best. God gets the first cut before Uncle Sam. The Law of Moses only clarified the principle of honoring God with our substance, and giving back what belongs to Him, so that his kingdom can flourish and the gospel could be spread throughout the world. Tithing is a spiritual law. How churches spend the money today is another matter altogether. It’s easy to worship God with our lips, but giving him of our substance is an act of worship and obedience. Actions speak louder than words, and God is not fooled by our lying tongues and deceitful hearts

In one of the 4 gospels, Jesus praised a poor woman in the temple who gave 2 pence in the offering, because she gave everything she had, as opposed to a rich man who gave out of his abundance.

Here, the Apostle Paul is justifying that ministers are given the right to live off the people’s tithes and offerings:

1Corin. 9:[13]- “Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the alter are partakers with the alter? [14] Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.”

If the people don’t tithe, how would full time ministers live?

Consider this- Why would the most quoted scripture on tithing in the Book of Malachi be the last book of the Old testament, after which the Lord did not move and work on the Earth for the next 400 years before the coming of Jesus? Who then would the Book of Malachi benefit?

Regarding Jews,

Romans 2: [28] For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:[29] But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Romans 10:[12] For there is no difference between theJew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

Galations 3: [28] There is neitherJew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

To imply that only blood Jews are required to obey God’s spiritual laws is in error. And, to say that the Laws in the old testament do not apply is like saying I can murder and commit adultery, because we’re not subject to the Ten Commandments (Old Testament) anymore.

There are certain practices in the letter of the Old Testament we don't have to follow anymore because they are of a spiritual nature, like shedding lamb's blood for the remission of sins, and eating unleavened bread, etc.. But money is money, and if you don't tithe, how then is it fulfilled in the Spirit?

:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

rob64

Aug 19, 2008
✟8,777.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
the difference between cain and abel was the type of sarifice, one was blood, the other not. which is about giving not about tithing. I was just in a debate where some claimed that NT pastors should not be paid, so you got to make a better case than that. Now I would like to ask you a question. If the holy spirit is working in us and through us, and we give according to that spirits prompting, our of love and joy, why do we need the law at all? Isn't that the point of the NT teaching on the law? That the Holy Spirit is the law or better stated, the fulfillment of the law in us? Why do we, the NT church have to make everything legalistic, why can't we instead, seek the Lord with all our hearts and lean not on our own understanding. In all our ways acknowledge Him and allow Him to direct our paths.

:clap::amen:;):thumbsup:

Upvote 0

rob64

Aug 19, 2008
✟8,777.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
First let me say that this thread has gone astray and no longer addresses the OP.

Then I think we all need to heed:

" 2 Timothy
Chapter 2:

22 So turn from youthful desires and pursue righteousness, faith,love, and peace, along with those who call on the Lord with purity of heart. 23 Avoid foolish and ignorant debates, for you know that they breed quarrels. 24 A slave of the Lord should not quarrel, but should be gentle with everyone, able to teach, tolerant, 25 correcting opponents with kindness. It may be that God will grant them repentance that leads to knowledge of the truth, 26 and that they may return to their senses out of the devil's snare, where they are entrapped by him, for his will.

Titus
Chapter 3
9 Avoid foolish arguments, genealogies, rivalries, and quarrels about the law, for they are useless and futile. 10 After a first and second warning, break off contact with a heretic, 11 realizing that such a person is perverted and sinful and stands self-condemned. "

If someone would like to make a new OP I'm sure there would be many response's. I know I would like to make one.

ALWAYS REMEMBER:

JESUS IS RIGHT WHERE YOU ARE AT!!! EVEN THOUGH YOU DON'T SEE HIM!!!

( left click and hold over the above to see your personal message )

i think what you are really trying to say is that you can't refute this any more, because the truth has finally come out.

Upvote 0

rob64

Aug 19, 2008
✟8,777.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Tithing is an important subject and provides a direct solution to the OP’s dilemma.

I’ve shared this many times before on this forum, but I’ll say it again since many of you never read it.

Tithing started with Abraham. Abraham was the Father of Faith, and existed long before Moses. It can also be argued that Cain and Abel were the first in the Bible to tithe and give of their substance. One of the major differences between the two brother’s offerings was that Able gave God his best, and Cain didn’t. In our case, 10% of one's gross pay is our best. God gets the first cut before Uncle Sam. The Law of Moses only clarified the principle of honoring God with our substance, and giving back what belongs to Him, so that his kingdom can flourish and the gospel could be spread throughout the world. Tithing is a spiritual law. How churches spend the money today is another matter altogether. It’s easy to worship God with our lips, but giving him of our substance is an act of worship and obedience. Actions speak louder than words, and God is not fooled by our lying tongues and deceitful hearts

In one of the 4 gospels, Jesus praised a poor woman in the temple who gave 2 pence in the offering, because she gave everything she had, as opposed to a rich man who gave out of his abundance.

Here, the Apostle Paul is justifying that ministers are given the right to live off the people’s tithes and offerings:

1Corin. 9:[13]- “Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the alter are partakers with the alter? [14] Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.”

If the people don’t tithe, how would full time ministers live?

Consider this- Why would the most quoted scripture on tithing in the Book of Malachi be the last book of the Old testament, after which the Lord did not move and work on the Earth for the next 400 years before the coming of Jesus? Who then would the Book of Malachi benefit?

Regarding Jews,

Romans 2: [28] For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:[29] But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Romans 10:[12] For there is no difference between theJew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

Galations 3: [28] There is neitherJew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

To imply that only blood Jews are required to obey God’s spiritual laws is in error. And, to say that the Laws in the old testament do not apply is like saying I can murder and commit adultery, because we’re not subject to the Ten Commandments (Old Testament) anymore.

There are certain practices in the letter of the Old Testament we don't have to follow anymore because they are of a spiritual nature, like shedding lamb's blood for the remission of sins, and eating unleavened bread, etc.. But money is money, and if you don't tithe, how then is it fulfilled in the Spirit?

All the scriptures you quote here are talking about salvation/grace. Some Jews at that time thought they were the only ones offered grace. If you keep things in context, you can see the truth of grace and the law.

Tithing is not one of the 10 commandments

Jesus said to obey HIS commands. Which He summed up in two.
Love the Lord your God...
Love your neighbor...

If we do those two things, we will automaticly obey HIS commands.
He's interested in our HEART CONDITION.
Now, we GIVE because we are driven to do so because HE put the desire there.
When we tithe because we "have to", it's bondage-the law is bondage.
GRACE sets us free from it
The NT is full of scripture that says you cant have it both ways.

Upvote 0

Justaman0000

Visit www.DiscoveringGod.net
Dec 10, 2008
Everywhere
Visit site
✟21,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have been praying for almost 2 years for God to bless me with a job that I can find fulfillment in. Right now I work as a substitute teacher to make a little income but my family and I need more. Yes, I could work a minimum wage job somewhere and I am not above taking a minimum wage job. However, I am an educated person and believe I can find better. I know the economy is bad right now but I know God can provide a financial blessing or job opportunity my way. I will admit I have to work a job that is a good fit for me and will provide job satisfaction. If I work a job that is too stressful or brings no fulfillment I will be completely unhappy and will not be a good employee. It seems that my husband and I cannot catch a break when it comes a job opportunity. I've been praying and trying to leave it in God's hand but I feel like my prayer continues to fall on deaf ears. I know that money is not everything and I do not live a frivolous life. I am also a person with a giving spirit. Does anyone out there have any insight to why my husband and I are not being financially blessed or why the correct job opportunity is not coming our way?

Did you ever wonder what God wanted you to do. How much can you give up for the Lord. Maybe he is leading you in a different direction. I wanted to work at home with my family but Because God has different plans for me, i work out of town every week to help others. I have been apart from my wife and children for up to a month without even seeing them. And still there are people that suffer worse than that, much much worse. I don't even consider that suffering because i love to to what the Lord tells me to... most of the time. You should be thankful that you even have a job right now. I hope God blesses and i wish you good luck.

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Tithing is not one of the 10 commandments

That's right. It existed BEFORE the law. It is a timeless principle of God. Sowing one's seed in the Kingdom of God through the storehouse (one's church) will bring a harvest--always.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That's right. It existed BEFORE the law. It is a timeless principle of God. Sowing one's seed in the Kingdom of God through the storehouse (one's church) will bring a harvest--always.
I've been thinking and praying a lot about this concept lately (because of this thread) one thing became very real to me. The bible tells us that the poor are blessed because.... (see beatitudes) what a beautiful thing, to know that we, who have been given so little, have been faithful enough and loved enough to inherit all that will be given us. WE, who are poor (poor being those who don't make enough to meet our daily needs) are blessed. That is an honor that still baffles me, at least from the standpoint of who I am.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Autumnleaf

Legend
Jun 18, 2005
✟33,297.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I have been praying for almost 2 years for God to bless me with a job that I can find fulfillment in. Right now I work as a substitute teacher to make a little income but my family and I need more. Yes, I could work a minimum wage job somewhere and I am not above taking a minimum wage job. However, I am an educated person and believe I can find better. I know the economy is bad right now but I know God can provide a financial blessing or job opportunity my way. I will admit I have to work a job that is a good fit for me and will provide job satisfaction. If I work a job that is too stressful or brings no fulfillment I will be completely unhappy and will not be a good employee. It seems that my husband and I cannot catch a break when it comes a job opportunity. I've been praying and trying to leave it in God's hand but I feel like my prayer continues to fall on deaf ears. I know that money is not everything and I do not live a frivolous life. I am also a person with a giving spirit. Does anyone out there have any insight to why my husband and I are not being financially blessed or why the correct job opportunity is not coming our way?

Jobs aren't a grab bag and you be surprised at what you get. You have to decide what you want and what you are willing to do to get what you want. You can't be willing to work a job that pays poorly and expect to be rich, unless you are a fool which I am sure you are not. If you want to get paid a lot you have to get work that makes that possible. You have to make it happen.

Upvote 0

rob64

Aug 19, 2008
✟8,777.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Floatingaxe, i'm sure God honors you in your tithing, as well as others.

i think where we differ is in the wording.

We both give correct?

Whether you call it a tithe, or giving, or an offering...we are still taking money out of our pockets and putting it where we feel led, correct?

However, it's not a timeless principal, it's part of a law that i refuse to be under. i used to tithe, 20 years ago. i went to a church that preached SERMONS on tithing. But later on in my life, as i learned that we are under a totally different kind of law, i learned that i had been going to a church where the blind lead the blind. The congregation is limited to what their 'teacher' teaches them. If the teacher/pastor is not Spirit filled, and led of God, it don't matter how much money comes in, they are Spiritually dead.

Your comment, about "sowing one's seed in the Kingdom of God through the storehouse will always bring a harvest", is that scripture?
ONLY IF the church is of God, is this possible. You don't seriously think all churches are of God do you?

Let me ask you a question; are you aware of the fact that there are a few scriptures that says; "BUT YE ARE NOT UNDER THE LAW, BUT GRACE". Have you ever read that before? And if so, what does it mean to you?

What about this one; "For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set me free from the law of sin and death". What's that mean to you?

Or, "If there had been no fault found with the old covenant, there would be no need of a new one"-paraphrased

And still, you have not been able to find a scripture from the NT/ [new covenant] that says we are commanded to tithe. They all are in reference to the old testament/old covenant.

Why do you think the Bible is divided up into the OLD testament, and the NEW testament?

What is a testament?

Upvote 0

wonderwaleye

Dec 23, 2005
MISSISSIPPI
✟5,952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I will watch in haste... only issuing a word of warning as to how many use your words (the words of scripture) to justify their prejudices and judgments on others. We dare not give the enemy ammunition for which to attack our brothers and sisters.

This might be a real good time for scripture:

" 2 Timothy
Chapter 2:

22 So turn from youthful desires and pursue righteousness, faith,love, and peace, along with those who call on the Lord with purity of heart.

23 Avoid foolish and ignorant debates, for you know that they breed quarrels.

24 A slave of the Lord should not quarrel, but should be gentle with everyone, able to teach, tolerant,

25 correcting opponents with kindness. It may be that God will grant them repentance that leads to knowledge of the truth,

26 and that they may return to their senses out of the devil's snare, where they are entrapped by him, for his will.

Titus
Chapter 3

9 Avoid foolish arguments, genealogies, rivalries, and quarrels about the law, for they are useless and futile.

10 After a first and second warning, break off contact with a heretic,

11 realizing that such a person is perverted and sinful and stands self-condemned. "

So that you do not have a problem with the MODS. you need to address the OP with your thread and stay away from disputes.

GOD'S WORD is to be used in the discourse of a subject. You will find that one's interpretation might mean one thing and another's something else. They could both be right, wrong, or both right and wrong.

Let's let GOD deal with this. HE also examines the heart with the answer.

May GOD grant you peace.

ALWAYS REMEMBER:

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I will respond to this post, but no debates here, please...if someone wants to pursue this, then they need to initiate a thread.

Floatingaxe, i'm sure God honors you in your tithing, as well as others.

i think where we differ is in the wording.

We both give correct?

Whether you call it a tithe, or giving, or an offering...we are still taking money out of our pockets and putting it where we feel led, correct?

No. A tithe is one tenth of one's income. Giving an offering is on top of that, and is no specified amount and is given to where one is led. Tithing is given where God says--to the "storehouse"--the church.

However, it's not a timeless principal, it's part of a law that i refuse to be under. i used to tithe, 20 years ago. i went to a church that preached SERMONS on tithing. But later on in my life, as i learned that we are under a totally different kind of law, i learned that i had been going to a church where the blind lead the blind. The congregation is limited to what their 'teacher' teaches them. If the teacher/pastor is not Spirit filled, and led of God, it don't matter how much money comes in, they are Spiritually dead.
No, it is a timeless principle first and foremost. To refuse to follow what God INVITES us to do is causing one to miss out on many benefits of being a child of God. It reveals a lack of trust that He is Lord over ALL. If one is taught about tithing from their pastors and refuses, they are being disobedient to God--knowing what He desires, yet saying no.

Your comment, about "sowing one's seed in the Kingdom of God through the storehouse will always bring a harvest", is that scripture?
ONLY IF the church is of God, is this possible. You don't seriously think all churches are of God do you?
It is a common theme through ALL Scripture. Not all churches are Godly, no. We must be wise and tithe to the church where God sends us.

Let me ask you a question; are you aware of the fact that there are a few scriptures that says; "BUT YE ARE NOT UNDER THE LAW, BUT GRACE". Have you ever read that before? And if so, what does it mean to you?
It means that I am hearing the same old boring argument from non-tithers that makes them feel justified to be lord over their own little bit of money in this world. Ho hum.

Tithing is apart from the law.

What about this one; "For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set me free from the law of sin and death". What's that mean to you?
YAY! I am free to tithe and even give God 20% or more! Free to experience God's blessing abundance even more!! The Lord Jesus Christ teaches us that His law is to die to self! Open hands, not closed fists around little wads of dollars. Trusting God is what it's all about! Free!

And still, you have not been able to find a scripture from the NT/ [new covenant] that says we are commanded to tithe. They all are in reference to the old testament/old covenant.
Why should there be? Tithing was never rescinded. It isn't a law. If you don't want God to take care of you, then don't do it. He wants to be Lord of your all, but it's up to you to allow Him.

Why do you think the Bible is divided up into the OLD testament, and the NEW testament?

What is a testament?
The Bible is the Bible. The entire thing is there for us to know God. This is not a covenental matter.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This might be a real good time for scripture:

" 2 Timothy
Chapter 2:

22 So turn from youthful desires and pursue righteousness, faith,love, and peace, along with those who call on the Lord with purity of heart.

23 Avoid foolish and ignorant debates, for you know that they breed quarrels.

24 A slave of the Lord should not quarrel, but should be gentle with everyone, able to teach, tolerant,

25 correcting opponents with kindness. It may be that God will grant them repentance that leads to knowledge of the truth,

26 and that they may return to their senses out of the devil's snare, where they are entrapped by him, for his will.

Titus
Chapter 3

9 Avoid foolish arguments, genealogies, rivalries, and quarrels about the law, for they are useless and futile.

10 After a first and second warning, break off contact with a heretic,

11 realizing that such a person is perverted and sinful and stands self-condemned. "

So that you do not have a problem with the MODS. you need to address the OP with your thread and stay away from disputes.

GOD'S WORD is to be used in the discourse of a subject. You will find that one's interpretation might mean one thing and another's something else. They could both be right, wrong, or both right and wrong.

Let's let GOD deal with this. HE also examines the heart with the answer.

May GOD grant you peace.

ALWAYS REMEMBER:

the last time I checked, the poster this was in reference to and I found an understanding with each other and it wasn't about quarreling at all, but rather about communicating, the poster can correct me if I am wrong.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I will respond to this post, but no debates here, please...if someone wants to pursue this, then they need to initiate a thread.

No. A tithe is one tenth of one's income. Giving an offering is on top of that, and is no specified amount and is given to where one is led. Tithing is given where God says--to the "storehouse"--the church.

No, it is a timeless principle first and foremost. To refuse to follow what God INVITES us to do is causing one to miss out on many benefits of being a child of God. It reveals a lack of trust that He is Lord over ALL. If one is taught about tithing from their pastors and refuses, they are being disobedient to God--knowing what He desires, yet saying no.

It is a common theme through ALL Scripture. Not all churches are Godly, no. We must be wise and tithe to the church where God sends us.

It means that I am hearing the same old boring argument from non-tithers that makes them feel justified to be lord over their own little bit of money in this world. Ho hum.

Tithing is apart from the law.

YAY! I am free to tithe and even give God 20% or more! Free to experience God's blessing abundance even more!! The Lord Jesus Christ teaches us that His law is to die to self! Open hands, not closed fists around little wads of dollars. Trusting God is what it's all about! Free!

Why should there be? Tithing was never rescinded. It isn't a law. If you don't want God to take care of you, then don't do it. He wants to be Lord of your all, but it's up to you to allow Him.

The Bible is the Bible. The entire thing is there for us to know God. This is not a covenental matter.
According to old testament law, the tithe was a kind of tax, it was 2 tithes every year and every 3rd year you gave another tithe, that works out closer to 20% every year and every 3rd year 30%. You can study it for yourself, there much more to it as well. Another thing important to understand here is that in the OT, the church was the governing body, this means that the tithe you are talking about was not only for running the church, but the "government" as well. and btw, this part of the discussion is off topic

Upvote 0

rob64

Aug 19, 2008
✟8,777.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
All throughout the teachings of Jesus, i find it interesting, that He often said things like [paraphrased]- i'll quote it if i must-;

It's all pertaining to the law

"You say(according to the law)...but I say..."
"You do things this way(according to the law)...but this is how you should be doing it..."

As true christians, we are not bound to any laws-[tithing included] that would put us in bondage. [We were never under the law in the first place]
For a true christian, we follow Jesus' teaching and GO WAY BEYOND WHAT THE LAW REQUIRES. That was His message. "Oh, so you keep the law? Well, this is what I require of you..."- Jesus message in a nutshell.

When He said, "If you are asked to go a mile...go two..."
It's interesting what He is saying here...
Roman law said that Roman soldiers could make someone carry their 'baggage' for up to one mile. IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH JEWISH LAW...
But Jesus was saying... go the extra mile.

True christians AUTOMATICLY go way beyond what is expected of us.
That's why He says to love our enemy.
Anyone can love their friends and family.

We live by LOVE, not the law.

We should consider EVERYTHING WE HAVE as GODS, not 10%, not 30%, but 100%

Upvote 0

jellybean99

Make me an instrument of Peace and Safety
Aug 22, 2008
Washington
✟16,006.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. Matthew 16:19,20

Upvote 0