• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Oct 24, 2020
Preston
✟8,244.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Hello all,

I am a new user here but I am seeking some guidance from fellow christians. I am not a christian myself, but i do align with their morals and code and have looked into being more involved with religion. Recently, I have started to find myself becoming attracted (sexually and emotionally) to men. I am a 20 year old male. I am not sure how to feel about this and it is very confused. I have also looked into conversation therapy for several reasons but am unsure if it would work and it is expensive. If anyone has any support, please message me or reply on this thread.

Many thanks and I hope you all had a good Saturday :)

• Prayers
Reactions: NerdGirl

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Welcome to CF!

Thank you for being vulnerable and open about your struggles. The devil always try to counterfeit God's design. God is clear how His design is for a man and a woman to unite as one; you can even see it in how they physically fit. So, if that's God's design, then why are you having those thoughts? That is where you should start digging, finding the root cause of how that idea came into your life or even bloodline.

There are many possibilities to consider, you don't have to answer, I am just trying to make you aware; does it run in your family? Did you explore sexually as a child or were molested and didn't heal/deal with the hurt in a healthy way? Were you distant from your father? Did you grow in a family with mostly girls around?

My suggestion is to meditate and ask God to help you find the root cause. Our lives are like a long chain and somewhere in the chain a link was broken and an inception was made. God can heal that broken link by revealing the lie and showing you the truth. Ask Him when did it all start, what lie you believed and what is His truth. Or, if it came from your family, how did it enter and ask Him to help you close that door. You can also pray God for His will in your life and ask Him for the alignment of Heaven (His design) in you; "on Earth as it is in Heaven".

Bob Hamp teaches a lot about this. You can find His foundations of Freedom videos free on youtube.
Blessings!

Reactions: NerdGirl
Upvote 0

Ljepa

Jan 16, 2021
Gold Coast
✟8,015.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hello all,

I am a new user here but I am seeking some guidance from fellow christians. I am not a christian myself, but i do align with their morals and code and have looked into being more involved with religion. Recently, I have started to find myself becoming attracted (sexually and emotionally) to men. I am a 20 year old male. I am not sure how to feel about this and it is very confused. I have also looked into conversation therapy for several reasons but am unsure if it would work and it is expensive. If anyone has any support, please message me or reply on this thread.

I'm Christian and have also experienced that feeling for the first time in my life which the feeling overcame by prayer. Hormones could be a possible reason but the main one is there's always evil entities whispering us to do bad things without realising it. But could also be hormone-related as well. I wouldn't recommend medication but anything that increases testosterone levels my help just check first if you've got healthy levels of it. Otherwise, if we could all pray for this young man to remain whole and to protect him from any negative spiritual presence that may be influencing this arousal.

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello all,

Dear friend,
Come to the Lord Jesus Christ,
accept Him as your Savior and He will set you free maligned thoughts patterns.
As those who are called in Christ Jesus, we are not called to live apart from Christ Jesus but we are called to live united with Christ.
So those who are set from same sex attractions, are not because of themselves but because they rely on God’s strength.

Dear friend, you must consider what Jesus have said :
It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life. -John 6:63

Dear friend, if you want to experience the life changing words of our Lord Jesus Christ, you need to trust Him and be willing to be baptized.

Why wait any longer ?

Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hello all,

it sounds like you may be bisexual, most who are homosexual know this from a rather young age where bisexuals seem to become aware of their romantic feeling as they grow and experience the world.

Please please please do not enter lightly into conversion therapy. It doesn't work and research has consistently shown that it is actively harmful to the individual. If this is disturbing you greatly then seek out an actual mental health professional to help you process all this.

Upvote 0

corinth77777

learner
Nov 15, 2013
✟99,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello all,

I see women That I think are beautiful.
There are some that are not so beautiful.
I am not attracted like desire to be with them in that way....

But temptation is not sin....
Go back to your past
Find out if there is anything in the passed that could have confused you. Deal with your past, confess and speak openly about your life, fears....etc....Sometime you need to get things out of your system that affected you or hunt you.....Find some one to release any thing that's disturb you. Things you saw growing up...etc

I have a problem logically with these issues
First we all have a predisposition to sin...
And we all have choices...
We can act on those temptation or not...

But here lies my issue there was a man who was attracted to a woman in a club...He was with her sexually........Later she tells Him...she is really a man...

So is the guy gay...? But just as He thought the man was a woman..........
START THINKING WOMEN ARE MEN....

I THINK ITS A PLAY ON THE MIND...
WHY?...THAT IS THE QUESTION ...
IF YOU DON'T WANT TO THINK A CERTAIN WAY THEN CUT OFF THE THOUGHTS..

FOR THINGS SEEM TO START WITH OUR THINKING.
EVERYTIME THE THOUGHT COMES ASKED God to remove it.....

Upvote 0