• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I think I have a problem...still

LoG

Veteran
Site Supporter
May 14, 2005
✟70,204.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
BigChrisfilm said:
NA can help, but it is not the answer to drug addiction, only god is.

NA, AA, is not the answer in the same way as the bible, church, pastors, priests, sacraments etc aren't the answer either. They are all aspects that lead to God through sanctification and justification.
Drugs and alcohol are but symptoms of deeper issues that create a need to medicate in some way shape or form. The people in AA/NA have a much better understanding of the potential issues involved than those who have never suffered from the disease of addiction. The 12 Steps imo, are unparalled in their ability to feret out those deeper issues. Each of those Steps has have multiple scriptural backing for their wisdom and have their foundation in a Christian group in the 1800's. Why continue kicking against the things of God?

Upvote 0

BigChrisfilm

Contributor
Feb 17, 2006
Portsmouth Ohio
Visit site
✟15,453.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
because NA is not a thing of god, it can be, if you choose to accept it, I think alot of people choose their higher power to be god, and I am not trying to help those fokes, because they have god. The problem is the people that don't choose god as their higher power, and think they don't need the one true god to stay clean, NA encourages people to choose a god of their liking, and that is not a good thing, that is a bad thing.

Upvote 0

BigChrisfilm

Contributor
Feb 17, 2006
Portsmouth Ohio
Visit site
✟15,453.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Lion of God said:
NA, AA, is not the answer in the same way as the bible, church, pastors, priests, sacraments etc aren't the answer either. They are all aspects that lead to God through sanctification and justification.
Drugs and alcohol are but symptoms of deeper issues that create a need to medicate in some way shape or form. The people in AA/NA have a much better understanding of the potential issues involved than those who have never suffered from the disease of addiction. The 12 Steps imo, are unparalled in their ability to feret out those deeper issues. Each of those Steps has have multiple scriptural backing for their wisdom and have their foundation in a Christian group in the 1800's. Why continue kicking against the things of God?

Also I didn't say any of those things are the answer, I said the answer is god, and that is true without question for me. :)

Upvote 0

BigChrisfilm

Contributor
Feb 17, 2006
Portsmouth Ohio
Visit site
✟15,453.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hey, I know you said you have been baptised before, but you might want to think about getting baptised again, I know it helped me :). If you do want to, then I will link you to a web page that helped me to do it, and I think it really helped to get rid of my addiction to drugs, just a thought, tell me what you think, and your pastor should help you out, let me know what he says, I am glad you haven't used today, that is a set in the right direction.

Upvote 0

BigChrisfilm

Contributor
Feb 17, 2006
Portsmouth Ohio
Visit site
✟15,453.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yea, I am alittle worried about you! Haven't heard from you in a couple days, did you go to the pastor, if not that is cool, get back with me if you have the time, remember, trust in god, and don't use, if you did, no one here is going to judge you, I know I won't :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
R

rfprewitt

Alright. This will be a longer post. To make it somewhat short, here is the easy version: this morning I almost got kicked out cuz I was fighting with my dad. But then he decided he wanted to talk. It ended up with me admitting to him that I"m an addict. Now he's saying that "we'll talk more tonight" and talking about rehab and saying "We will do whatever it takes". In the meantime, today is my second day clean. I ran out of hydrocodone Sunday night. My nose won't quit running, and I am sick to my stomach. I don't want to do anything but sleep. I don't know what will happen if anyone else finds out about this. What if my dad like goes and tells all his pastor friends and friends at school? I'll get kicked out of school if they find out. HELP!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoG

Veteran
Site Supporter
May 14, 2005
✟70,204.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Withdrawels can be tough but hang in there, you will survive.
Kudos for admitting the problem to your father. Sounds like he is being supportive. As far as your fears and worries is concerned, turn them over to the Lord. He will turn it all to good. Learn to trust in Him. Turning it over to Him, will play a major factor in the upcoming days and weeks.

Keep your mind on today. Don't worry about what tommorrow will bring.

Upvote 0

LoG

Veteran
Site Supporter
May 14, 2005
✟70,204.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
rfprewitt said:
In one sense it feels okay to have it not be a secret anymore, but on the other hand its like "that was stupid".

We can only get help with our problem when we admit it. I knew for a while that I had a problem with drugs and alcohol, but it was only when I admitted it and sought out help that i was able to overcome it.
That admitting is what saved my life...literally.

Upvote 0