1stJohn

Oct 26, 2008
✟7,709.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Dear brothers and sisters,

may God bless you all. I introduce myself here, I have been searching the net for a Christian forum where to post this request. I write from Europe and please forgive me if I make mistakes in writing in English. I apologize for being long, but my story is complicated, and maybe I need advices and not simply prayers. I am a separated woman of 40. My separation happened 4 yrs ago and it was painful. I have made big mistakes and I have suffered a whole lot. Now I live alone with my youngest child who is 7. Money is tight. Loneliness is difficult to bear. I went back to the church three months ago ( I accepted Christ as my Lord and Saviour ten years ago. But life made me abandon the church. I have fully paid this choice, with an incredible amount of mistakes and suffering) and I am trying my best to put things right. But I am full of wounds and the last one has been the final straw. While writing I am crying my eyes out. I am still new to the church even if I attend it regularly three times a week. But I confided just in one sister or two. In moments like now, when the pain seems to literally eat my heart, I feel desperately alone. I need the support of my brothers and sisters. I am frail, I do not want to do other mistakes because of my weakness and disappoint again the Lord.
This is my last wound.
About one year ago, I meet this man. I was out of a very particular situation-another wound. He knew it. He was separated like me, two children, like me, he seemed to look for a serious commitment in a relationship, like me. It was beautiful. He had a sort of a rush in doing things: he wanted to meet our children, he gave me a ring, he phoned three times a day, he seemed so in love. I needed so much to love and be loved, I felt so happy! He worked as a ....I do not know the word, he is an informatic, he follows the servers of big firms here. Last Christmas he told me: your PC is old, give it to me so I enlarge your memory and I put some music in it. I said okay, of course. A bit after that,his temper tantrums started, apparently with no reason. He started not answering the phone for three days if I said a word "not opportune". He scolded me violently in front of the children ( we did not live together but we saw each other often) because I spilled some wine or I did not cook properly, or because I did not wash properly the dishes in his opinion. He sent me to do the shopping in his town ( which was a different one from mine) but I got lost and he scolded me. But it was not my town, it was a big town and is not so easy by car without gps.He was jealous of people who did not mean anything to me. I was already in love and I tried my best to save the relationship. It gave him the occasion to humiliate me in many different ways. I am ashamed of many things I did. I have been so stupid. After the last row, I had an illumination( I already suspected that). I brought my PC to a technical and he found TWO differet kinds of spyware, two programs for spying everything on my pc : the first one which sent somewhere by mail everything I digitated on the keyboard, and a second one to send any document in the documents section.
I went to confront him with the report in my hands. I felt so weak and sad, i was not able to drive but I went. I told him: you have two children like me! I do not want to report you to the police, explain this to me, apologize, reassure me you will not use these information and it will be enough for me. He laughed in my face. He told me I was crazy, he told me I was a weak and confused person and that I pretended to be christian but I did not know who I was and what to choose. He shouted "Do you understand or not that I do not care anything about you! You mean nothing to me!"
I went home in tears. I was in a sort of blackout for two weeks. Then my brother warned me against not reporting him. In fact there was an incredible amount of sensible info about my whole life in the pc: my diary, my emails. He had the password of the bank, of the phone, of the emails, of MSN. Everything.
I felt completely betrayed and in the same time so guilty. I thought it was my fault, that clearly he was right in putting me under control because I was unreliable and I demostrated it, that clearly I had disgusted him or something I had written. But I also suffered so much and I understood I could not stay without the Lord anymore. I was really like the prodigal son, I had been eating the food of pigs for too long. I went back to the church and asked the pastor what to do. He advised me to report him to the police which I did.
But I still wonder: was it my fault? Why have I been rejected so much? It must be beacuse of me. Have I lost the only true love of my life? Why do I miss him so much even if he was cruel to me? Am I no more able to reason properly? I feel so sad. So wounded. So alone. I am trying my best to put the Lord first. I have been asking Him : please do me justice. You are my justice. Will He listen to me? Will He answer me? I feel so alone and so betrayed and so sad. Please pray if you can. Thank you..................

hypostatic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 4, 2005
Toronto
✟71,227.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I'll add you to my prayer list. Don't be too shocked, or even too hard on yourself - these things happen every day. Find a good church community to join, that should get you started in having fellowship with like-minded people who will care for you!

Upvote 0

jesuslovesme54

Veteran
Oct 30, 2007
Pass Christian, MS
✟22,213.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
I will pray for you my sister. Just remember the Lord loves you and only wants the best for you. I'm sure it's the Lord's will that you are not with this man even though you love him. Maybe the Lord is telling you to put everything in your life before Him. That is the only way we can stay in His will. Hope things start to turn around for you and that you find peace through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. My heart breaks for you and hope and pray you find your way completely back to the Lord. God bless sister and welcome to CF. You have a found a home here.

Upvote 0

Lirpa

Finding My Way
Sep 1, 2008
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟7,886.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You shall be in my thoughts and prayers.
When you feel weak, may the Lord be your strength.
When you feel empty, may the Lord fill your cup.
When you feel alone, may the Lord be beside you.
I will pray for you today, and for the days to come.

You will not feel like this forever. Christ has a plan for you, and the outcome will be beautiful.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheRiver

Contributor
Jun 3, 2007
Kokomo, Indiana USA
✟18,586.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
You are in my prayers.

This man was abusive, as surely as if he had beaten you. The emotional control and abuse you experienced is every bit as serious; and every bit oppossed to the Love of God. You did not in any way cause it, or "deserve" it.

Claim the freedom God has given you, and be thankful. Christian counseling will aid your continued healing and growth.

Michael

Upvote 0

chosenpath

Senior Veteran
Sep 29, 2008
Florida
✟11,367.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Abba Father,

Thank you for your gentleness and faithfulness. There is nothing deceitful, harmful, or any ulterior motives in your love. Please take the broken spirit of this young woman that other have taken for granted and restore it its radiant luster. Have mercy on those that have caused her affliction. Through Jesus Christ our redeemer. Amen!!!

Upvote 0

Stephanie7

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2004
✟111,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No it's not your fault so quit blaming yourself.
You were lonely and vulnerable and wanted to love and be loved but he took advantage of that. You are a victim.

Father God, I pray and ask that You will bring help to this woman and heal her broken heart and show her that there are honest loving people out there who truly care, In Jesus Name, Amen

Upvote 0

Elshevia

Feb 29, 2008
England
✟9,141.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
My Dear 1st John, I agree with what all the others have said, my dear it is so scarry
when someone you have trusted breaks all bounds of decency, and treats you like a donkey, but even the Lord used a donkey, to speak His Word, and I speak the words of God to you now, and Pray, for your loniness I give you Jesus of Nazareth he will never leave you or desert you, but He may use you to fullfill the Glory of Almighty God, for your suffering, I give you the Oil of Gladness, for your frailty and weekness
I give you the Strength of the Lord, to become an overcommer, for all things that the enemy of our God throws at you, and for the betrayal you suffered at the hand of this person, the Love of Almighty God, he loves you so much and when you know you have that kind of Love, nothing can harm or hurt anymore, Declare to the World that Jesus Christ is your Lord, amd Saviour, and also declare by the Authority in the Name of Jesus Christ, that you are an overcommer, against all the wiles and darts of the enemy, Amen.
I hope this helps my dear Elshevia.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

1stJohn

Oct 26, 2008
✟7,709.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Thank you, really, to all of you.
I know I may sound childish. But as I said this was the last blow. I can cope with all the other troubles in my life: no money, being a single mum, my relation with my eldest daughter who is 18, job, tiredness, health problems.....but this one in particular has been so hard to bear.

I thank you all and pray that the Lord will bless you abundantly for all you have done for me. But I wanted to ask you something.....I would need some answers.

This man was abusive, as surely as if he had beaten you. The emotional control and abuse you experienced is every bit as serious; and every bit oppossed to the Love of God. You did not in any way cause it, or "deserve" it.

Claim the freedom God has given you, and be thankful. Christian counseling will aid your continued healing and growth.(Restore the River)

Thank you dear brother.Are you really convinced of that? Some people would justify his behaviour and say he has just been "smart" o very skilled....that he just was "jealous" but you are jealous when you love someone and this was not the case. Do you really think he was abusive? Is this the reason why I feel in this way I cannot describe?
And where can I find Christian counseling?Thank you in advance.

My heart breaks for you and hope and pray you find your way completely back to the Lord. God bless sister and welcome to CF. You have a found a home here.
Jesuslovesme54

Thank you dear brother. I really hope I have found a home. I need so much it now.

You will not feel like this forever. Christ has a plan for you, and the outcome will be beautiful.
Lirpa

I want to believe that. Thank you for your words.

Thank you to all the others...Hypostathic, Chosenpath, Criada, ElsieG, Onlything available, Stephanie7. I hug you all in Jesus Name. May God bless you....

Upvote 0

RestoreTheRiver

Contributor
Jun 3, 2007
Kokomo, Indiana USA
✟18,586.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Yes, sister. Emotional abuse, and controling behavior, are abuse. As to finding counseling, ask your pastor who he or she recommends. If you don't have a church, ask Christian friends to recommend one; and also if they know of solid, qualified counselors.

One thing that should be constant from country to country is that a professional counselor will allow you to do an initial, exploratory session at no cost, or at least, at reduced cost, to establish whether or not the two of you are going to work together.

You remain in my prayers.

Michael

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

1stJohn

Oct 26, 2008
✟7,709.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Dear brothers and sisters,

I have found in this forum such a support. May God bless you all, really. I am slowly recovering, but please keep me in your prayers, be patient, do not stop. Ask the Lord to hear my prayers and to heal me, and to do me justice. I cannot heal if I have no justice. He knows what I mean and I have already written about it ( not here, in the "women who struggle" section. Two police reports have disappeared, my lawyer is very angry, and that man continues to have in his hands my whole life, all my private things, and I seem unable to do anything. This is not right. Please keep me in your prayers and may the Lord bless you.

Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I am praying, sister.
:hug:

Psalm 37

1 Do not fret because of evil men
or be envious of those who do wrong;
2 for like the grass they will soon wither,
like green plants they will soon die away.

3 Trust in the LORD and do good;
dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.

4 Delight yourself in the LORD
and he will give you the desires of your heart.

5 Commit your way to the LORD;
trust in him and he will do this:

6 He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn,
the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.

7 Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him;
do not fret when men succeed in their ways,
when they carry out their wicked schemes.

8 Refrain from anger and turn from wrath;
do not fret—it leads only to evil.

9 For evil men will be cut off,
but those who hope in the LORD will inherit the land.

10 A little while, and the wicked will be no more;
though you look for them, they will not be found.

11 But the meek will inherit the land
and enjoy great peace.

God will vindicate you.... keep trusting Him. And we will keep praying :hug:

Upvote 0

KIGS_Naïm

PURELY dedicated to the Lord, nothing but LOVE!!!
Aug 24, 2008
Netherlands - Friesland - Kollum
✟8,145.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God be with you, I know the feeling of rejection all to good, I can explain to you a lot of why this and why that if you want me to explain ask me

Trough what I've been trough I can explain, support, love and help you trough a lot, only with Christ Jesus this is possible, I proclaim His word I do His word I hear his word, it is now your choice whether you want me to explain to you what you want explained and the help I offer you, I will be there for every single person who ever needs help, for I am in Christ Jesus and I proclaim in His name that I will not ever fade away from faith!

P.S. Please do not understemate me cause of my age, for I am also your brother in faith and I've been trough even worse things one-another can imagine.

Upvote 0