Aug 10, 2015
✟84,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I got a hone call tnight from a man I met at one of the two churches I attend. (Both churches consider me to be a member but that is not the ot here) The man told me that he needed money to get home, and was calling me to ask if I could help.

A mnth ago, I underwent a surgery Eerything went fine But as a part of the recovery period, I cannot work and make any extra money. Normally, there are many charities here which I try to help, and noramlly, I would have HAD money to get the guy home. But because I am not working, I have nothing.

Now do not worry about me. I have an insurance policy that covers my bills.
Pray not for me, I am fine Pray for those that I cannot help.

The pastor at one of the churches I attend understands my situation and how I cannot give any money to help others because I have no extra money to help others

But tonight when someone called and I had no money to help him... I lost it. I sad down and cried
Not for me, but for him.

Now my surgery was a success. I will be back to work soon enough and making money to help others But today, I feel like a failure Someone called and asked me for help, and I could not help him. I feel like a failure. but That is not the prayer request. Pray for those whom I cannot help, for they need it far more than I do.

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah.. most of know this so well.. you cry so much because.. just thinking about it ..crying. You can't...but that's the physical.. .not the spirit. We can pray agree together and He will see that person home. Our Father can do anything! IN JESUS name

• Agree
Reactions: saved24
Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I got a hone call tnight from a man I met at one of the two churches I attend. (Both churches consider me to be a member but that is not the ot here) The man told me that he needed money to get home, and was calling me to ask if I could help.

A mnth ago, I underwent a surgery Eerything went fine But as a part of the recovery period, I cannot work and make any extra money. Normally, there are many charities here which I try to help, and noramlly, I would have HAD money to get the guy home. But because I am not working, I have nothing.

The pastor at one of the churches I attend understands my situation and how I cannot give any money to help others because I have no extra money to help others

But tonight when someone called and I had no money to help him... I lost it. I sad down and cried
Not for me, but for him.

Now my surgery was a success. I will be back to work soon enough and making money to help others But today, I feel like a failure Someone called and asked me for help, and I could not help him. I feel like a failure. but That is not the prayer request. Pray for those whom I cannot help, for they need it far more than I do.

God bless you and give you peace. Thank you for helping those in need when you can.:)

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Pray for those that I cannot help.
It is always difficult to know if you are really helping people. Sometimes we want to help and end up doing more harm then good. The government came to see this with their social programs.

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican

Not for me, but for him.

i understand you are not asking for prayer for yourself, i am sorry you cried :( Jesus hears even your tears. "You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book" psalm 56:8

Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Not for me, but for him.

Why were you crying? What’s the big deal? So you didn’t have money to give this person. It’s not the end of the world. God will provide. Just say a little prayer for the person.

You are not the only one who can help this person! God will provide. Give yourself a break!

Upvote 0