Ok
✟14,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Hello everyone. I need advice. I am a teacher. I work for a private school. I was lucky to find this job as I am a 54 yrs old recent immigrant. I teach Foreign Languages. I love the school and the admins, I worked hard this school year and I have a good relationship with everyone, parents, students and admins. It tyook me a lot of effort. And the benefits are really good.

But.

I now have another student who is transitioning from a sex to another. I already have two of them. They are 10, 12 and 11. Their families and the school are very supportive of their decision.
It is not okay for me though. I think it is a crime and an abomination but I cannot do anything to prevent this. And if I stay I will have to call a girl a boy and vice versa.
I should leave this job, right?
Even if it means leaving my family in an ocean of troubles?
Oh Lord, what do I have to do? I need the money. What can I do?

I think I already know the answer but I need to listen to you.
I do not want to be the accomplice of what I consider a crime for money.

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I think you know what you need to do.

I would pray about it and see if you can find a job at a Christian private school. I would ask upfront how the school handles these types of situations. It is an abomination on what people are doing to these poor small children, that God made perfect the way they are.

God bless!

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟962,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Leave your job or not according to your conscience, but please don't ever consider yourself an "accomplice" to other people's decisions. You are not complicit in the actions of others. And remember the adage, "The grass is not greener on the other side of the fence." Should you leave, sooner or later you will teach other students who disagree with your value system. You are not responsible for other persons' choices, and your actions are most unlikely to change their choices.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello everyone. I need advice. I am a teacher. I work for a private school. I was lucky to find this job as I am a 54 yrs old recent immigrant. I teach Foreign Languages. I love the school and the admins, I worked hard this school year and I have a good relationship with everyone, parents, students and admins. It tyook me a lot of effort. And the benefits are really good.

But.

I now have another student who is transitioning from a sex to another. I already have two of them. They are 10, 12 and 11. Their families and the school are very supportive of their decision.
It is not okay for me though. I think it is a crime and an abomination but I cannot do anything to prevent this. And if I stay I will have to call a girl a boy and vice versa.

Have you freely been able to share your faith with your students,peers and administration during the time you have been there ? You already have two trans children so I am not sure why one more would make a difference? How did you deal with the other two prior to your current situation? Are you now seeing a transformation in progress and now it is uncomfortable?
Just need some clarity, if your willing to answer.
Blessings.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

But.

This makes me want to cry --- for the children , for you, for all the ways they are ruining lives.

Apparently they are "allowed" to use the term "biological gender" (biological sex) in Federal court -- "They admit" what it is in the news and in court... you should be able to at least admit that much for the sake of religious conviction.

Teachers are not 'normally' required to promote every kind of elective surgery , plastic surgery imaginable just because they are a teacher. They should be able to teach spelling without having to discuss "elective surgery' or "elective medical procedures" each day. If a child comes to school and says "I identify as your Lord and Savior Jesus Christ" -- a teacher should not be forced to address that child that way no matter that his parents agree and the principal of the school also views the child that way.

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟336,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Follow your conscience on this. But as you discern what to do, here are some things to think about.

Are you able to take a fairly neutral position here? The students and the school would expect you to call the students by their preferred names (so decide whether you can live with that), but you might be able to avoid using pronouns altogether -- just use their name when you need to talk about them. In the classroom, you can avoid activities that call attention to gender -- "boys against the girls!", addressing students by gendered titles (Monsieur, Mademoiselle) when teaching those titles, etc. -- and use other instructional activities instead. You may already be avoiding gendered activities in the classroom, just as general good practice, so that part is probably easy.

Can you think of this as being like a student following a religion that you disagree with? For example, I'm not Muslim, but some of my students are, and I make accommodations for them when they're observing Ramadan, or when they need to leave a little early to get to Friday prayers. I assume you make similar accommodations for your students. Could you think of gender identity as something like that?

Upvote 0

Sawsar

Jan 13, 2023
Butler
✟15,940.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

But.

Hebrews 4:16 Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
Hebrews 13:6 The LORD Is My Helper, I Will Not Be Afraid What Will Man Do To Me?
TRUST GOD, HOLD TO THIS AND DECLARE IT.
GOD BLESS YOU

Upvote 0
Oct 16, 2021
Ok
✟14,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Hebrews 4:16 Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
Hebrews 13:6 The LORD Is My Helper, I Will Not Be Afraid What Will Man Do To Me?
TRUST GOD, HOLD TO THIS AND DECLARE IT.
GOD BLESS YOU
Leave your job or not according to your conscience, but please don't ever consider yourself an "accomplice" to other people's decisions. You are not complicit in the actions of others. And remember the adage, "The grass is not greener on the other side of the fence." Should you leave, sooner or later you will teach other students who disagree with your value system. You are not responsible for other persons' choices, and your actions are most unlikely to change their choices.
Thank you Sawsar and SeekingIAM. Your words helped me to put my mind at ease. I know I am not responsible for other people's choices, but I cannot help but thinking that the Lord put these young people in my care. Should not I do something? What they are enduring is child abuse. Should I just stay and pray? I do not know. But I thank you for your words.
Have you freely been able to share your faith with your students,peers and administration during the time you have been there ? You already have two trans children so I am not sure why one more would make a difference? How did you deal with the other two prior to your current situation? Are you now seeing a transformation in progress and now it is uncomfortable?
Just need some clarity, if your willing to answer.
Blessings.
No, I have just been working. They know I am a Christian, but...The school I work in is part of a University project so the environment is very politically oriented. This last student makes a difference because for some reason it is bothering me more. I had to watch the other two taking hormones and developing breasts and all sorts of psychological issues under my eyes, so having to watch another one is really hard for me.
Follow your conscience on this. But as you discern what to do, here are some things to think about.

Are you able to take a fairly neutral position here? The students and the school would expect you to call the students by their preferred names (so decide whether you can live with that), but you might be able to avoid using pronouns altogether -- just use their name when you need to talk about them. In the classroom, you can avoid activities that call attention to gender -- "boys against the girls!", addressing students by gendered titles (Monsieur, Mademoiselle) when teaching those titles, etc. -- and use other instructional activities instead. You may already be avoiding gendered activities in the classroom, just as general good practice, so that part is probably easy.

Can you think of this as being like a student following a religion that you disagree with? For example, I'm not Muslim, but some of my students are, and I make accommodations for them when they're observing Ramadan, or when they need to leave a little early to get to Friday prayers. I assume you make similar accommodations for your students. Could you think of gender identity as something like that?
I will try. Your advice is really wise. But I will have to address something sooner or later as I teach a Romance language and words have gender, so do the adjectives etc. Yes I can think about them as members of another religion, I have several Muslim and Jewish students, an I know what you mean. But to be honest, the Muslim parents have been the ones to oppose fiercely the "all gender bathrooms", to do something to stop this craziness. And again, I consider what is happening a violence against these kids. They are indeed memebers of another religion-a very cruel one. But your words are true. It made me think of Daniel (not that I can compare myself to Daniel not at all) but he stayed where he was and was a light. May the Lord guide me to the right decision and behavior.

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,734.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married

But.

Call the kids 'you' or directly by name. It's what I do when I have trans patients. Part of being a teacher is teaching everyone who walks through the door, regardless of race, religion, creed, politics, beliefs, or lifestyles. I have to treat all patients that come my way. What they believe, their lifestyle choices, et cetera are irrelevant to what I'm there to do. I don't have to agree with these people about anything. I absolutely don't discuss why I may or may not disagree with them about their personal beliefs. I do have to treat them. Keep it professional. Be polite. Stick to your subject.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Your being at this school or not being at this school will not affect their decisions. There is no reason for you to quit.
If asked your opinion, tell it openly and freely. If you get fired for it, sue if you are able.
You do not hang up your faith at the institution door. Mostly, listen to your conscience. Be true to yourself and God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
We live in an imperfect world where some people want to change sex. Either respect the fact that they are still human beings deserving love and respect or quit and protest GLBT on the side of the freeway while your family starves..

Upvote 0

timf

Jun 12, 2011
✟79,640.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The whole world is going in the toilet. In a way it is similar to the early church. Consider a Christian in Corinth in the first century. Your children could not go to the market without encountering male and female prostitutes, drunkards, and thieves.

If you can find better alternative employment, great. If not, you may have to consider where to draw the line. Being employed by people who are sinful and desire to hurt others is painful. However, if they do not require you to endorse their actions, you may not have any responsibility for what they do.

If you are challenged on your belief you might ask if they thought it would be OK to encourage the child to smoke cigarettes. If they say that would be wrong, you might then ask them why is it OK to encourage a child down a road where 50% will attempt suicide. They might end up firing you and you would have a legal case for wrongful discharge or civil rights violation of your religious beliefs. Most bullies back down when money is involved.

Most people prefer to avoid confrontation and if you can do so, it is probably the best option.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you Sawsar and SeekingIAM. Your words helped me to put my mind at ease. I know I am not responsible for other people's choices, but I cannot help but thinking that the Lord put these young people in my care. Should not I do something? What they are enduring is child abuse. Should I just stay and pray? I do not know. But I thank you for your words.

No, I have just been working. They know I am a Christian, but...The school I work in is part of a University project so the environment is very politically oriented. This last student makes a difference because for some reason it is bothering me more. I had to watch the other two taking hormones and developing breasts and all sorts of psychological issues under my eyes, so having to watch another one is really hard for me.

I will try. Your advice is really wise. But I will have to address something sooner or later as I teach a Romance language and words have gender, so do the adjectives etc. Yes I can think about them as members of another religion, I have several Muslim and Jewish students, an I know what you mean. But to be honest, the Muslim parents have been the ones to oppose fiercely the "all gender bathrooms", to do something to stop this craziness. And again, I consider what is happening a violence against these kids. They are indeed memebers of another religion-a very cruel one. But your words are true. It made me think of Daniel (not that I can compare myself to Daniel not at all) but he stayed where he was and was a light. May the Lord guide me to the right decision and behavior.
Thank you for sharing. We are all traveling on uncharted waters where gender reassignment has become normal procedure for solving challenges among our youth. There is no denying or disputing that a child is not able to make such a big decision at a young age yet, here we are allowing them to do so. Parents, as well as the child,are led by doctors who convince them that unless drastic change takes place , all is lost. So in essence both sides are abuse victims. Parents love their children and want them to be happy. It's like never saying no when they beg for candy at the checkout line. Weak parents cave into this system. It also appears it will only get worse.

So what to do? I say, equip yourself and stay. Learn the ins and outs of trans family dynamics. Learn about the psychologists and doctors who promote reassignment. Join a support group and advocate for victims. You are in a unique position to possibly stop or help slow down this craziness with daily prayer and supplication on behalf of these families.
Blessings.

Upvote 0

Sawsar

Jan 13, 2023
Butler
✟15,940.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

But.

You expressed that you are lucky to have found a job. That is a lie from the pit of hell. God does not deal with luck. Satan has charge over this world. God is still in control.
Luke 17: 1-3
He said to his decsiples, It is inevitable that stumbling blocks come, but we to him through whom they come! 2. It would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck and he were thrown into the sea;than that he would cause one of these little ones to stumble. 3. Be on your guard!
Luke 10: 41-42
But the Lord answered and said to her, Martha, Martha, you are worried and bothered about so many things; buy only one thing is necessary, for Mary has chosen the good part, which shall not be taken away from her.
Acts 17:27
That they would seek God, if perhaps they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us.
If your not doing these things already.

1. Listen to the word daily, you can download the bible app. Use NASB translation. It's the best one. A most of translations have too many changes.
Eat the word of God!
2. Prayer with your mind and in the Spirit, if you have not received the gift of tongues, ask for it and then begin to babble it will come to you. Pray in the Spirit 1 plus hour day.
Cast your care upon Father God, if you lack faith to leave them there. Ask Fathe God for your faith to be increased.
God bless you

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think sometimes people miss this:

Mark 14:36
36. And he said, Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee;
take away this cup from me: nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt.

The answer was that there was no other way possible.

Upvote 0

Sawsar

Jan 13, 2023
Butler
✟15,940.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

But.

Trust God, Jesus will provide.

Upvote 0

Wyatt A.

Apr 23, 2022
Baywood-Los Osos
✟31,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single

But.

If you find another job, you may encounter the same situation. I understand not wanting to entertain a lie and by doing that, reinforce these kid's new identity which is horrible, but this may be a time in their lives when they need a beacon of light. Right? Should every Christian run from this situation every time it happens?

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

But.

Your job is simply to teach the languages, not to serve as their Christian moral exemplar. "They" didn't hire you for your teaching ability beyond the parameters that they've already set for you. So, it's not really your responsibility to verbally express your disapproval. Your job is to teach the children and treat them as fellow human beings.

They'll realize soon enough that you don't agree by your silence about that child's decisions, and you don't have to affirm it. Keep your job and just teach your language lessons.

If and when they come to you and coerce you to give verbal assent, THEN worry about it. Until then, just do the job and care for your family.

Upvote 0

ldonjohn

Sep 20, 2013
✟81,277.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Crystal, Jesus didn't condemn people, he loved them. If you show those transgender students love, understanding, & grace, you might be the one person who the Holy Spirit could use to draw them to Christ. You might be the influence they need right now in their mixed up lives.

Upvote 0