• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I need some guidance....

I_Heart_Jesus777

Fighting the good fight for the Lord!
Mar 19, 2006
Ohio! WOOT!
✟754.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Just recently, I have been doubting God. I know now that God is there in a sense, (I have been PMing someone to help me with this) but i cant seem to bring my faith up back to what it was before i started doubting. I have read Hebrews 11, 2Corinthians 10:5, but it doesnt seem to help. Is this something that will take some time, or am I doing something wrong?

tapero

Legend
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2004
Visit site
✟88,544.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I_Heart_Jesus777 said:
Just recently, I have been doubting God. I know now that God is there in a sense, (I have been PMing someone to help me with this) but i cant seem to bring my faith up back to what it was before i started doubting. I have read Hebrews 11, 2Corinthians 10:5, but it doesnt seem to help. Is this something that will take some time, or am I doing something wrong?
Hi there,

We all go through this. We are in varying times with the Lord. But I know of one scripture that really says what to do. And that's from Revelation 2.

It says: [bible]You have forsaken your first love. 5Remember the height from which you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first.[/bible]

The important thing (and I need to do this too), is to do the things we did at first. Remember what it was like when you were saved, and what you were like. He says to do those things again.

But our walk is filled with ups and downs. Be in the word, pray, sing spiritual songs, hymns, and psalms. All these things draw us closer to God.

God bless you brother, Tapero

Upvote 0

MacPherson_lass

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel..."
May 19, 2005
✟15,646.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I can definitely feel for ya, dude... I just left that feeling about a week ago. Depression gripped me, and I pretty much wondered if it was worth it to live anymore. I mean, my life was so bad, was God even there? He always said He'd be looking out for His children. If that was true, then where WAS He??

I'd say spend some time talking to your parents or an older and experience Christian in the church or wherever, and seriously spend LOTS of time w/ God. Pray, cry to Him. He wants your communication. Tell Him your cares... Everything comes together for good. :)

:thumbsup: :prayer: I'm praying for you, dude. I know how it is... God bless...

Upvote 0

silentpoet

Contributor
Jun 1, 2004
Arkansas
✟15,957.00
Faith
Nazarene
Politics
US-Others
Faith is not necessarily a feeling of belief. It is instead a choice of belief. That is what I have worked out or been given as a working definition for my life.

Doubt is to faith as fear is to courage. Courage is not the absence of fear, it is pressing on in spite of your fears. In the same way faith is pressing on in the face of your doubts.

One thing that might help is telling yourself affirmations. "I believe in God" tell yourself this repeatedly when you feel doubts coming on.

Upvote 0
A

Anti Existance

Reading the stories on www.near-death.com has always been inspiring for me in times when i had 'faith crashes' , God exists. And because you can't see him you doubt, which isn't strange, but the proof is this. If what Jesus said doesn't work into practise, then you don't have to believe it. But if his words are true and work into practise then you have all the reason to believe it.

Upvote 0

RomanPrincess

Jan 8, 2006
✟8,120.00
Faith
Christian
It helps to spend time with God in prayer.Ask God to help you grow into a closer personal relationship with him.
Draw near to God, seek him and you will find him......the more you seek him ,read the bible,church, bible STUDY and spending time in prayer ,you will begin to grow spiritually.
Right now ..it sounds like your still a baby in Christ.You will grow...but you need spiritual food to grow into the next level....the way to get spiritual food is by reading the Bible,Listen, church, TAKE NOTES....
fellowship,worshiping,prayer and apply what you have learned to your life.Then your doughts will turn into stronger faith and you will grow.
TAKE NOTES AND REALLY LISTEN when you are at church.......taking notes helps you to remember and apply Gods word to your life.If one doesn't take notes then they will not remember what they have heard.
When you begin to grow you will see God working in your life and your Faith will grow too and you will remember how God has worked in your life.
It takes time to grow...as long as you get spiritual food it will happen.

Upvote 0