Jul 9, 2006
Georgia
Visit site
✟7,685.00
Faith
Baptist
Politics
US-Republican
Im a student at Pensacola Christian College and im studying to be an evangelist. Its along way away and i just need some advice i found a girl and she is the most amazing girl i have ever met in my life i love her so much and if everything works out she will be a huge part of my ministry. what kind of role will she have in my ministry i want to be some sort of preacher at a christian camp. she wants to be a christian school teacher is this a bad thing or do you think there is a way we could make this work. i believe that this is the one that God has for me i have prayed about it alot. i just want some advice from some people wiser than me.

Ms.Garnet

Apr 13, 2005
✟16,516.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Alacarius - guess what ? I live fairly near the PCC and have 2 kinfolk who work there? Now - to your question - you said you want to be an evangelist - and in my mind when I think of an evangelist - I think of one who is always going somewhere to preach - not staying in one church -as in pastoring Sunday after Sunday to the same group of people. Then later you said you wanted to be some sort of preacher at a christian camp ---and that could mean many things. You also stated she could be a big part of your ministry ----what do you mean by that ----what are you expecting her to do in your ministry --what are you expecting her role to be ? Are you wanting a ministry partner / another worker on the team? You stated that she wants to be a christian school teacher - do you mean teach in a christian school or be a christian teacher in any school? I am asking a million questions to get you to think ---not to be a meanie ! Why YES - if God is leading the 2 of you to get married - begin to pray right now that He will direct you into a ministry service that meets the desires of both of you. I can see where you could be a camp director -getting to preach and teach & lead and I can see her being a christian teacher - maybe even at the same camp! Maybe the Lord is leading you to mission work - where you preach & "reach" and she teaches & "reaches" - If you are thinking she should give up her personal dreams and devote herself fully to your ministry dreams - unless the Lord Himself gives her that desire -you are most likely asking for trouble in your marriage. But - when the Lord is the head of a home/marriage - then YES - 2 people can have 2 different vocations/ministries and be happy or the Lord may just put a passion in her heart to work in the ministry full time with you - I am sure she will support your work for the Lord whether she is in your ministry or teaching in a school. You are so wise to seek advice & pray for direction from the Lord. The college is an excellent school and I bet there is very good couseling available on campus too. I hope more CF members will address your post - as my opion is just that - just my opinion. God bless you both.

Upvote 0

Heart4Him

I'll still love you, Lord.
Jan 11, 2006
✟31,406.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm so glad that Ms. Garnet responded first..I think she has asked some great insightful questions!
I also think that you're at a great college...some of my cousins graduated from there.
First of all, you are doing great by seeking the Lord on these important decisions in your life.:thumbsup: Praying for His will above all is a good thing to do.
I think that if this is the lady that He has to be your future wife, you will know and the Lord will work within it all. It is wonderful that the both of you are already Christians and planning to minister and work for the Lord!
I looked at your pic by the way, and you are very cute together! (I'm assuming that she is the one in the pic):)
I would pray together for the Lord to show both of you what His will is for your future and future careers and minitries...and just trust in Him and allow Him to direct you!
God bless you in all that you do!

Upvote 0

alacarius

Jul 9, 2006
Georgia
Visit site
✟7,685.00
Faith
Baptist
Politics
US-Republican
Ms.Garnet said:
Hi Alacarius - guess what ? I live fairly near the PCC and have 2 kinfolk who work there? Now - to your question - you said you want to be an evangelist - and in my mind when I think of an evangelist - I think of one who is always going somewhere to preach - not staying in one church -as in pastoring Sunday after Sunday to the same group of people. Then later you said you wanted to be some sort of preacher at a christian camp ---and that could mean many things. You also stated she could be a big part of your ministry ----what do you mean by that ----what are you expecting her to do in your ministry --what are you expecting her role to be ? Are you wanting a ministry partner / another worker on the team? You stated that she wants to be a christian school teacher - do you mean teach in a christian school or be a christian teacher in any school? I am asking a million questions to get you to think ---not to be a meanie ! Why YES - if God is leading the 2 of you to get married - begin to pray right now that He will direct you into a ministry service that meets the desires of both of you. I can see where you could be a camp director -getting to preach and teach & lead and I can see her being a christian teacher - maybe even at the same camp! Maybe the Lord is leading you to mission work - where you preach & "reach" and she teaches & "reaches" - If you are thinking she should give up her personal dreams and devote herself fully to your ministry dreams - unless the Lord Himself gives her that desire -you are most likely asking for trouble in your marriage. But - when the Lord is the head of a home/marriage - then YES - 2 people can have 2 different vocations/ministries and be happy or the Lord may just put a passion in her heart to work in the ministry full time with you - I am sure she will support your work for the Lord whether she is in your ministry or teaching in a school. You are so wise to seek advice & pray for direction from the Lord. The college is an excellent school and I bet there is very good couseling available on campus too. I hope more CF members will address your post - as my opion is just that - just my opinion. God bless you both.

ok you posted alot and that is really cool so ill try to comment about everything and i know i will miss somethings so ill try to make sense. first of all i have a burden for young people i have been a christian for most of my life but im just starting to really live for God and i feel like ive wasted most of my life up to this point so i want to tell teenagers my story and to try to get them to live for God sooner and have a full and happy life. becasue of this i started out as a youth ministry major but then i felt God lead me to tell as many kids the good news as i could i felt that youth ministries was not what i was soppesed to do. i went to a missions confrence and there God called me to be an evangelist and to preach to as many kids as possible. i believe i can do that through camps. as far as her role in the ministry in the very least she will be there to suport me and that will be a big role as well, it will take a lot of work as in all relationships. i have no specific role for her planned out she could be as involved in my ministry as she would like to be. she want to work in a christian school. i would never ask her to give up her dreams for me i would never she has her dreams and i want her to fufil her dreams, as long as the Lord lets her i would do nothing to stand in her way. thank you for your oppinion and i hope more people will give theirs.

Upvote 0

alacarius

Jul 9, 2006
Georgia
Visit site
✟7,685.00
Faith
Baptist
Politics
US-Republican
Heart4Him said:
I'm so glad that Ms. Garnet responded first..I think she has asked some great insightful questions!
I also think that you're at a great college...some of my cousins graduated from there.
First of all, you are doing great by seeking the Lord on these important decisions in your life.:thumbsup: Praying for His will above all is a good thing to do.
I think that if this is the lady that He has to be your future wife, you will know and the Lord will work within it all. It is wonderful that the both of you are already Christians and planning to minister and work for the Lord!
I looked at your pic by the way, and you are very cute together! (I'm assuming that she is the one in the pic):)
I would pray together for the Lord to show both of you what His will is for your future and future careers and minitries...and just trust in Him and allow Him to direct you!
God bless you in all that you do!

yes i am glad she posted as well it helped alot. she is the one in my pic and we are very happy together. it is a wise thing to put your trust in the one who controls everything is in not it would be stupid to do anything less and unfortunatly some of the times we forget that. thanks for the post:thumbsup:

Upvote 0