WJ777

Searching
Nov 16, 2009
✟7,612.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Hi guys I got somewhat of a situasion, Ive got this friend who I don't really know that long, but she is not a Christian, but is knows there is something more out there. She sees herself as spiritual , but what pains me is she wants to become a Buddist. Although I love her very much to me this is not an option. How can I show her the diffrence between religion and doing and this Amazing Realionship that Jesus want to have with us. The second part of my proble is that im leaving the country where she stays for good , so I want her when she is ready or got that ephiphany we all got to find a nice church that won't spoil it for her. Any advice and prayers will be appreciated.

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟417,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hi guys I got somewhat of a situasion, Ive got this friend who I don't really know that long, but she is not a Christian, but is knows there is something more out there. She sees herself as spiritual , but what pains me is she wants to become a Buddist. Although I love her very much to me this is not an option. How can I show her the diffrence between religion and doing and this Amazing Realionship that Jesus want to have with us. The second part of my proble is that im leaving the country where she stays for good , so I want her when she is ready or got that ephiphany we all got to find a nice church that won't spoil it for her. Any advice and prayers will be appreciated.

Not sure of your time frame on leaving the country, but if nothing else you could give her a copy of the Bible (the appropriate language, of course). If you have more time, telll your friend what the Lord Jesus has done for you and share how you came to salvation. If even more time, do some research on the Buddist so you can more specifically address the beliefs that are false and how to address them. Internet can probably tell you quite a bit about the Buddist belief system.

God bless and you have my prayers,

Jeff

Upvote 0

salida

Veteran
Jun 14, 2006
✟6,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
A couple good resources is www.christiananswers.net and www.equip.org which is the christian research institute. They should have info on buddism. My prayers are with you.

You may want to show her this. Are you a good person?
The Good Test Can we keep all the 10 Commandments all the time 100% of the time? No. Only Jesus did. This is why fallen mankind needs a personal Lord and Savior. Its the only spiritual medicine that will redeem us. The rest of the religions think that one can work their way to heaven only. With christianity one is saved by grace through faith and good works is a byproduct of this. Thus, its a gift from God.

Gods standards are way too high for works alone. Its like having ants build you a house. He wants us to accept His gift of salvation. True faith will automatically default to good works.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sparcz1978

Nov 27, 2009
✟15,112.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
many Couples in the world with a different religion or belief, and that is the 2nd caused of Divorced or separation. the only thing to do is to explain and prove that your faith is true and more important is to proved it to yourself by applying in your life. pray to God, guide you and show you some sign if that Girl is for you.

It Works because my wife is a Catholic and I am a Church of Christ, and I Explain everything about my faith and belief. she amazed and believed now in my faith.

Try it and God will Help you.

:)

Upvote 0

tuantran

Dec 16, 2009
✟15,125.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was born in a Catholic family and it's funny that I've heard a lot of complaints from people in church saying that all others religions are wrong.

later in my life, I married to a christian wife and attending christian church and I heard the same thing saying that all others religions are wrong.

Now, I am practicing Buddism Meditation and I was supprise that no one are complaining or saying bad about other religion. They learn to do good works and love others truely from their heart without condition, not because they wanted to go to heaven or hell. I also found a lot of christian and Catholic are trying to do good works with condition because they want something behind it, like because I wanted to go to heaven. Ask yourself do you still love God after you've done all the good works and he sent you to hell?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ChildOfGod97

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
✟16,465.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

A lot of westerners who think of turning to eastern religions do so because of the religions they see here. They don't get that they would be dumping a possible relationship with God for a religion which isn't true religion, at all.

They get blinded by their own experiences of those who preach Jesus, but keep to an outward religion of show, instead of an inward religion of truth.

I think just approaching the problem that way tends to have the best effect on such people.

Stick to Bible and not doctrines created afterwards, especially, specifically, the teachings of Jesus: did anyone else ever say or do the things He did?

This is the true faith of finding God, freedom from materialism, peace and love in the heart, and the very blueprint for life itself.

It simply does not matter if there are many loud religionists or if that is what her narrow experience has been. For instance, many who come from such backgrounds have learned to discount the other 75% of the population. They were taught that those who speak and act in more metaphoric, or occluded manner, are not Christians at all. That is very narrow minded, and not something that can help them see that the true religion is not an outward system of rituals and difficult rituals... but one of the map to all truth from the inside.

Upvote 0