Lake Stevens
✟21,036.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I NEED JESUS! Lol no but really. I’ve been through a lot this year. Good and bad. And I think about God a lot. And for some reason I still struggle with the fact that it’s not our works that get us into heaven. It’s like even thought I know it, I hear it all the time. I don’t think I know it in my heart. If that makes sense? Also another thing, I think it goes along with the first thing I said, I can’t help but think I have to read an excessive amount of the Bible or I’m not adequate. Like I’m not joking. It’s never just like I can only read a chapter. I have to do so much more than that. Like multiple studies in a day. Now I’m not saying those things are bad, obviously, but when I feel forced and like I have to do it or else something bad will happen. Then it’s like I’m doing it out of fear, and not cause I want to.

Gosh, I feel like I’m stuck. I don’t really have friends at my church. People who lift me up and in courage me. Although I could reach out to them, I feel insecure about my relationship with God. I feel like I don’t even really have one with him. And I was thinking the other day, where would I go when I die? Let’s just say it wasn’t heaven :help: I get this horrible feeling like I’m going to hell. It’s the scariest feeling ever!!! I constantly feel like I’ll never be accepted by Jesus. And the thing is I know that I can’t do anything to earn salvation, but it’s like I can’t help but act that way. And the thoughts constantly pop up!! It’s horrible. I feel like I have a mental illness that’s in the way of Jesus and me!! Like something just constantly blocking me from him! It sucks! Because I want that personal relationship with him. I want to do his will for my life. I want to be consistent (which the Lord knows I need help with). But for some reason I feel like something is blocking that. But I don’t know what? I’ve prayed about it, and I’m trying to kick out things that come to mind. Things I know I shouldn’t be doing.

And it’s like gosh! How long must I endure this! I mean, as long as it takes of course. But it’s hard. I guess I’m writing on here for prayers! And words of encouragement. I’m doing a Bible study in the book of John right now. And I like it a lot because it teaches the history of that chapter, and helps me to understand the back story and just how great Jesus’ miracles were. So I have high hopes for that! I just really need Jesus to help me with our relationship. Cause it’s something that I can’t shake. Like I’m always thinking about him. And I always wish I was closer with him. So, I shall try! With his help I’m trying to believe I am saved. And that he will use me for his will!

Thanks!!! :)

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I NEED JESUS! Lol no but really. I’ve been through a lot this year. Good and bad. And I think about God a lot. And for some reason I still struggle with the fact that it’s not our works that get us into heaven. It’s like even thought I know it, I hear it all the time. I don’t think I know it in my heart. If that makes sense? Also another thing, I think it goes along with the first thing I said, I can’t help but think I have to read an excessive amount of the Bible or I’m not adequate. Like I’m not joking. It’s never just like I can only read a chapter. I have to do so much more than that. Like multiple studies in a day. Now I’m not saying those things are bad, obviously, but when I feel forced and like I have to do it or else something bad will happen. Then it’s like I’m doing it out of fear, and not cause I want to.

Gosh, I feel like I’m stuck. I don’t really have friends at my church. People who lift me up and in courage me. Although I could reach out to them, I feel insecure about my relationship with God. I feel like I don’t even really have one with him. And I was thinking the other day, where would I go when I die? Let’s just say it wasn’t heaven :help: I get this horrible feeling like I’m going to hell. It’s the scariest feeling ever!!! I constantly feel like I’ll never be accepted by Jesus. And the thing is I know that I can’t do anything to earn salvation, but it’s like I can’t help but act that way. And the thoughts constantly pop up!! It’s horrible. I feel like I have a mental illness that’s in the way of Jesus and me!! Like something just constantly blocking me from him! It sucks! Because I want that personal relationship with him. I want to do his will for my life. I want to be consistent (which the Lord knows I need help with). But for some reason I feel like something is blocking that. But I don’t know what? I’ve prayed about it, and I’m trying to kick out things that come to mind. Things I know I shouldn’t be doing.

And it’s like gosh! How long must I endure this! I mean, as long as it takes of course. But it’s hard. I guess I’m writing on here for prayers! And words of encouragement. I’m doing a Bible study in the book of John right now. And I like it a lot because it teaches the history of that chapter, and helps me to understand the back story and just how great Jesus’ miracles were. So I have high hopes for that! I just really need Jesus to help me with our relationship. Cause it’s something that I can’t shake. Like I’m always thinking about him. And I always wish I was closer with him. So, I shall try! With his help I’m trying to believe I am saved. And that he will use me for his will!

Have you read the epistle to the Romans yet? If not recommend reading chapter 8 and then go back to read it from start to finish. After reading chapter 8 let me know what you think and if it addresses your inquiries.

Romans 8 NASB

Reactions: -GodsGirl-
Upvote 0

-GodsGirl-

Mar 19, 2017
Lake Stevens
✟21,036.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Have you read the epistle to the Romans yet? If not recommend reading chapter 8 and then go back to read it from start to finish. After reading chapter 8 let me know what you think and if it addresses your inquiries.

Romans 8 NASB

I will read that tonight and get back to you asap!

Upvote 0

AvgJoe

Member since 2005
Supporter
Feb 5, 2005
Texas
✟332,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

God’s Plan of Salvation

The Futility of Human Effort

The Bible teaches that no amount of human goodness, human works, human morality or religious activity can get anyone into Heaven. Being a good person, belonging to a religious family, being baptized, going to church, none of these can save anyone. Everyone still falls short of God’s perfect standard. (Isaiah 64:6, Romans 4:1-5, Ephesians 2:8-9, Titus 3:5-7)

The Only Way

Jesus said to him, “I am the Way and the Truth and the Life; no one comes to the Father except by (through) me.” (John 14:6)

What must I do to be saved?
1) Realize that you’re are a sinner. (Romans 3:23, 5:12; 1 John 1:10)

2) Change your mind about Jesus (repent).
  • Jesus said: “…unless you repent (have a change of mind that results in a change of action), you will all perish and be lost eternally. (Luke 13:5)
  • …now God charges all people everywhere to repent. (Acts 17:30)
3) Believe the Gospel, that Jesus Christ died for you, was buried and rose from the dead.
  • We are made right in God’s sight when we trust in Jesus Christ to take away our sins. And we all can be saved in the same way, no matter who we are or what we have done. For God sent Jesus to take the punishment for our sins and to satisfy God’s anger against us. We are made right with God when we believe that Jesus shed His blood, sacrificing His Life for us. (Romans 3:22, 25)
  • For if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
4) Go to God in prayer, confessing Jesus as Lord and your need for forgiveness of your sins. Give your life to Jesus, making Him the Lord of your life.
  • For it is believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved. (Romans 10:10)
  • For anyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.(Romans 10:13)

Have you done that, repented and believed the Gospel? If not, then this is the next step. If so, then you are saved and you must trust Jesus to do what He said He will do. That's faith.

How can I have a closer relationship with God?

Upvote 0

Loyce KG

Everyone MUST hear the gospel of Christ!
Nov 19, 2018
Kampala
✟44,026.00
Country
Uganda
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single

You need to ask yourself, "where is my identity?". Wherever you find your identity, that is your god. If your identity is in doing good works, then they are your god. The bible says our identity is in Christ, not by our thoughts or works, but what He has already done and we access this by faith.
It seems like you have a battle in the mind, doubting your goodness and feeling like you are incomplete for the Lord. All these are components of fear which threatens Faith in Christ.
Here is what you can do;
-Be careful not to make too much of the thoughts that enter your mind. One of the ways the enemy shakes up our faith is by deceiving us through thoughts of inadequacy or self-condemnation.Even our flesh can deceive us through our minds. The thought in our minds are not the mark of our identity in Christ.

-Acknowledge that your thoughts are getting in the way of your walk with Christ (if you are born-again) because you are viewing God as a legalistic God and that's a slap in the face of Christ's sacrifice for you. Christ is not a complex master. He is Lord and also a Shepherd of His sheep. Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light" matthew 11:28-30.

-Speak to your thoughts in negation and turn your mind to the Truth in the Word of God. Philippians 4:6-7, “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
-Remember that God is near to comfort those who are blameless toward Him.
Shalom

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟780,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed

I do love your honesty, but I think you are misled, as are perhaps most who "accept Christ".

I had the same problem for years, until I despaired of ever measuring up to my own conscience, or of having "Christian Victory", or of so many other things. Yet I knew I had been sincere as I ever am when I accepted Christ into my heart.

But sincerity by the human is fickle at best, and it is easy to mislead oneself. Furthermore, just because we think we have done the requirements does not obligate God to react, nor to "fulfill his promises." God owes us nothing.

My frustration with these things has led me to the point that I now understand, not only did God create, but that he has not left the subsequent actions that follow creation up to us, but that he is doing the whole work, though it does indeed consume and fulfill us. We --our decision and our will --are pretty much irrelevant as to the facts, though yes they are inevitably involved in our obedience (or lack of obedience). WE are not the point --God is.

If I have fooled myself all along, and am not one that God has chosen for himself, I (at least as it seems now) praise God for his holiness, and justice, knowing that the Judge of all the world will do what is right. If he decided to save me from my sin, I will indeed be saved, and he lives in me, and has changed me, even if I cannot see it. If he did not make me his dwelling place, I am not saved, though I may think that I am safe.

My perspective is irrelevant as to the facts, though it be motivation to obedience. But even the obedience is true only if God does it. The intensity of the effort of my will, nor my integrity of heart, nor my intellect, are of any measure in obedience, though they are all involved to the uttermost. The joy of the Lord is HIS strength, not mine.

I KNOW that God will accomplish whatever he set out to do, and that even "if he slay me, yet will I praise him." If I have fooled myself, and am not his, he is still worthy of all my praise and desire and effort. But the facts are of the Lord, and not of my decision.

He lives in me, even though I may think "I invited him in", HE is the one who changed me to make me desire him. I am nothing --he is everything.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟200,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Luke 15:11-32 New International Version (NIV) The Parable of the Lost Son.
Please read Luke 15:11-32. We have a son who is totally unworthy of his father's love. In fact by asking for his inheritance he was saying to his father "I wish you were dead so I could have my money" Now look at how his father treated him. The story here is about God the Father and how he welcomes back a sinner. God loves you so much that nothing you could ever do would cause him to stop you from returning to Him. So stop judging yourself as being unworthy, you are loved by God and nothing else matters. Blessings

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟713,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

We all stumble around a lot in our sins. The justification process is a life-long process. Full of ups and downs.

Isaiah 41:10
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

and He does ... not necessarily instantly.

Continue in His Word and in prayer ... He IS working in you and will complete His work in you over the course of your life, you will continue to have trials.

1 Corinthians 1:8
He will sustain you to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Amen.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We all stumble around a lot in our sins. The justification process is a life-long process. Full of ups and downs.

Isaiah 41:10
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

and He does ... not necessarily instantly.

Continue in His Word and in prayer ... He IS working in you and will complete His work in you over the course of your life, you will continue to have trials.

1 Corinthians 1:8
He will sustain you to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Amen.

Yes, God's promises are forever! As one said herein: we need to understand Romans 8. The Word by Isaiah was to Israel under Law and Sacrifice, and the Word to christendom today is IN Jesus, the Christ. We MUST possess Him to be "justified" and have any part in our Creator-God under Grace. We see in I Cor. 1:8 that the Apostle was speaking to the Corinthian assembly to keep their heart and mind on the Savior, and not after their religious ideas, which they were engaging in. In 2 Corinthians we note they began to correct things and were being more real and faithful. We surely need to turn from carnality and stay in communion with the Lord Jesus, the Christ of God ....right?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

1watchman

Overseer
Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Yes, one does "...need Jesus to help me with our relationship" as you say; and that means to receive Him into our heart and make Him our best Friend, beside the Savior of our soul, and to be Lord of our life. God will then give one the new birth (John 3) and show us the truth of His promise in John 14 ---a precious word of counsel. Keep looking up, friend!

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟713,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes, God's promises are forever! As one said herein: we need to understand Romans 8. The Word by Isaiah was to Israel under Law and Sacrifice, and the Word to christendom today is IN Jesus, the Christ. We MUST possess Him to be "justified" and have any part in our Creator-God under Grace. We see in I Cor. 1:8 that the Apostle was speaking to the Corinthian assembly to keep their heart and mind on the Savior, and not after their religious ideas, which they were engaging in. In 2 Corinthians we note they began to correct things and were being more real and faithful. We surely need to turn from carnality and stay in communion with the Lord Jesus, the Christ of God ....right?

Yes, absolutely and His Holy Spirit helps us to do that over our life time.

God Bless.

Upvote 0

-GodsGirl-

Mar 19, 2017
Lake Stevens
✟21,036.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God’s Plan of Salvation

The Futility of Human Effort

The Bible teaches that no amount of human goodness, human works, human morality or religious activity can get anyone into Heaven. Being a good person, belonging to a religious family, being baptized, going to church, none of these can save anyone. Everyone still falls short of God’s perfect standard. (Isaiah 64:6, Romans 4:1-5, Ephesians 2:8-9, Titus 3:5-7)

The Only Way

Jesus said to him, “I am the Way and the Truth and the Life; no one comes to the Father except by (through) me.” (John 14:6)

What must I do to be saved?
1) Realize that you’re are a sinner. (Romans 3:23, 5:12; 1 John 1:10)

2) Change your mind about Jesus (repent).
  • Jesus said: “…unless you repent (have a change of mind that results in a change of action), you will all perish and be lost eternally. (Luke 13:5)
  • …now God charges all people everywhere to repent. (Acts 17:30)
3) Believe the Gospel, that Jesus Christ died for you, was buried and rose from the dead.
  • We are made right in God’s sight when we trust in Jesus Christ to take away our sins. And we all can be saved in the same way, no matter who we are or what we have done. For God sent Jesus to take the punishment for our sins and to satisfy God’s anger against us. We are made right with God when we believe that Jesus shed His blood, sacrificing His Life for us. (Romans 3:22, 25)
  • For if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
4) Go to God in prayer, confessing Jesus as Lord and your need for forgiveness of your sins. Give your life to Jesus, making Him the Lord of your life.
  • For it is believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved. (Romans 10:10)
  • For anyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.(Romans 10:13)

Have you done that, repented and believed the Gospel? If not, then this is the next step. If so, then you are saved and you must trust Jesus to do what He said He will do. That's faith.

How can I have a closer relationship with God?

Hello! Thank you for the comment! I think I am having a battle in my mind. Or I’m just not chosen. I do repent. And am trying to change my behavior and deny my flesh. And here’s the part that scares me. I ‘think’ I believe. I struggle with this SO much. I think I believe in Jesus death and resurrection but I don’t know if I truly do. Like in my heart. I feel like I don’t even know what it means to truly believe. And that’s something I had been scared about before. That I wasn’t chosen by God. And so since I wasn’t chosen, I will never have a relationship with God no matter what. So that where I’m at right now. Very scared and discouraged. And even if I wasn’t chosen, I know God’s just and right, but that scares me even more. Like thinking that’s my destination no matter how much I want a relationship with Jesus. Brings me to tears thinking about it!

Upvote 0

-GodsGirl-

Mar 19, 2017
Lake Stevens
✟21,036.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I do love your honesty, but I think you are misled, as are perhaps most who "accept Christ".

I had the same problem for years, until I despaired of ever measuring up to my own conscience, or of having "Christian Victory", or of so many other things. Yet I knew I had been sincere as I ever am when I accepted Christ into my heart.

But sincerity by the human is fickle at best, and it is easy to mislead oneself. Furthermore, just because we think we have done the requirements does not obligate God to react, nor to "fulfill his promises." God owes us nothing.

My frustration with these things has led me to the point that I now understand, not only did God create, but that he has not left the subsequent actions that follow creation up to us, but that he is doing the whole work, though it does indeed consume and fulfill us. We --our decision and our will --are pretty much irrelevant as to the facts, though yes they are inevitably involved in our obedience (or lack of obedience). WE are not the point --God is.

If I have fooled myself all along, and am not one that God has chosen for himself, I (at least as it seems now) praise God for his holiness, and justice, knowing that the Judge of all the world will do what is right. If he decided to save me from my sin, I will indeed be saved, and he lives in me, and has changed me, even if I cannot see it. If he did not make me his dwelling place, I am not saved, though I may think that I am safe.

My perspective is irrelevant as to the facts, though it be motivation to obedience. But even the obedience is true only if God does it. The intensity of the effort of my will, nor my integrity of heart, nor my intellect, are of any measure in obedience, though they are all involved to the uttermost. The joy of the Lord is HIS strength, not mine.

I KNOW that God will accomplish whatever he set out to do, and that even "if he slay me, yet will I praise him." If I have fooled myself, and am not his, he is still worthy of all my praise and desire and effort. But the facts are of the Lord, and not of my decision.

He lives in me, even though I may think "I invited him in", HE is the one who changed me to make me desire him. I am nothing --he is everything.

Yeah, that’s something I have thought about I’m the past and have thought about recently. For me as of right now, it terrifies me more than anything. Knowing I am deceiving myself ( if I was ). It’s a very scary thought. I want to have a relationship with Jesus and it’s something that I’ve been wanting for awhile and I felt led to start consistently reading the Bible. I’m going to try and think I am chosen, because I mean I don’t want to live in fear my whole life.

Upvote 0

-GodsGirl-

Mar 19, 2017
Lake Stevens
✟21,036.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello Godsgirl, it seems to me that you need the assurance of the Holy Spirit (2 Corinthians 5:5). Peace in Christ:).

I was reading something about that the other day! I will pray for that!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

1watchman

Overseer
Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, that’s something I have thought about I’m the past and have thought about recently. For me as of right now, it terrifies me more than anything. Knowing I am deceiving myself ( if I was ). It’s a very scary thought. I want to have a relationship with Jesus and it’s something that I’ve been wanting for awhile and I felt led to start consistently reading the Bible. I’m going to try and think I am chosen, because I mean I don’t want to live in fear my whole life.

Reading the Word of God is essential for spiritual truth and eternal hope. The peace you seek is what I sought many years in the past, and then I settled it by speaking to the Lord Jesus personally ---not in wishful thinking. I spoke to Him and received Him into my heart as Savior of my soul and Lord of my life. I then found the peace of God overflowing in the months that followed. IT IS ALL ABOUT A PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH THE LORD JESUS, WHICH PLEASES GOD-THE FATHER, AND GIVES US HIS SPIRIT AND SEALING OF IT FOREVER. What a joy it is to walk and talk with my Savior daily. Make it personal for you and not just wishful thinking, dear friend.

Upvote 0

AvgJoe

Member since 2005
Supporter
Feb 5, 2005
Texas
✟332,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Hello! Thank you for the comment! I think I am having a battle in my mind. Or I’m just not chosen. I do repent. And am trying to change my behavior and deny my flesh. And here’s the part that scares me. I ‘think’ I believe. I struggle with this SO much. I think I believe in Jesus death and resurrection but I don’t know if I truly do. Like in my heart. I feel like I don’t even know what it means to truly believe. And that’s something I had been scared about before. That I wasn’t chosen by God. And so since I wasn’t chosen, I will never have a relationship with God no matter what. So that where I’m at right now. Very scared and discouraged. And even if I wasn’t chosen, I know God’s just and right, but that scares me even more. Like thinking that’s my destination no matter how much I want a relationship with Jesus. Brings me to tears thinking about it!

You're worried about being chosen by God. Sounds like you're been listening to Reformed/Calvinistic doctrine. Fortunately, they're wrong on this matter. Please read the following book to learn the truth. Read it several times~~~> https://d3uet6ae1sqvww.cloudfront.n...ds-choice-or-ours-predestination-election.pdf

Upvote 0

-GodsGirl-

Mar 19, 2017
Lake Stevens
✟21,036.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0