Flordia
✟15,709.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I've been getting off track, I have been neglecting God, viewing inappropriate content, and neglecting all other things. How do I start off a relationship with God again, how do I ask for forgiveness, and what do I do? Sorry if this is vague, I can't really think of anything else to say at the moment.

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,096,787.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
MOD HAT ON

350015_0f282d4b538245f7d5ab333c90dad940.jpeg

(Chaplains and Staff are the only adults over the age of 19 who are allowed to post in the Teen Area forums when necessary).

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

ivy may

lover of God
Aug 14, 2022
h.c.
✟17,727.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I've been getting off track, I have been neglecting God, viewing inappropriate content, and neglecting all other things. How do I start off a relationship with God again, how do I ask for forgiveness, and what do I do? Sorry if this is vague, I can't really think of anything else to say at the moment.

hello! please do not worry about being vague, i completely understand and your message was clear. it is me who should apologize because this reply comes so so so late! i hope you are still on the site. i just joined today.

our generation is a very lost one. i was once immersed in the pursuit of stimulation, instant gratification and sexual immorality. but Jesus has already paid the price for these sins with his once-for-all death on the cross. he has already accounted for them, if you will accept his sacrifice on your behalf.

1. first, you must recognize your sin, see it for what it truly is. the Scripture and Jesus' convicting words often illuminate where we've fallen short and glorified perversion instead of our Creator.

2. mourn your sins and how they have stolen your joy and contentment in the Lord. "blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted."

3. forsake your sins and place your trust in Christ, that He will pay the debt. know that you cannot please God to make amends, but luckily Jesus, who was righteous when you could never be, has paid the price. have confidence that on the Last Day, He will stand in your place.

4. this confidence and recognition leads to a renewed life.

Upvote 0