Gyunggi
✟7,920.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello! I'm 14 yrs old student from South Korea who wants to be an animation creator.
I recently became a christian so I joined this forum.
I posted this post to ask a question. Actually, you might won't like it, but please read to the end.
I might say something wrong because I haven't read the Bible much yet.
As I have to follow the God's path, I searched what bible says about art on Google. It said

"God had shown Moses the design (Exodus 25:40); and by filling the artists with His Spirit, God guaranteed that the artwork produced would truly represent Him——not the ideas of man. ... Like all gifts that God gives, the gift of art is to be developed and then used for His glory" (copy and paste)

When I read this, I came up with a question. "Does that mean everything I create must be worshiping the God?" I mean, I want to follow his path, but I don't want the world to be like North Korea where every single thing idolizes the leader. I think we reserve a right to express what we like and create whatever we want unless it is completely against what the God said.
I know that Satan is hiding in the cultures that we see but I think it is okay to see or create something that doesn't worship or mention about the God unless it affects our faith. Also nobody in the society will want to see an animation that mentions about only the God, which means I can't make money from it and survive. Another issue that I have is I draw anthropomorphic animals. (that are basically furries.) I don't draw anything that contains inappropriate contentography, but I'm worried, because I might be sexualizing animals. If I am, then everyone who made the movie "Zootopia" is a sinner, right? One of people I know is a christian, she's the person who preached me. I have thought about this problem before, so I visited her and talked about this. She said I can draw most of what I want unless it affects my faith and what I do in real life. If everything I should do is worshiping the God, I basically have to become people who gave up their family, jobs, surviving, and make a God worshiping banner and take a huge speaker and read the Bible aloud in public. That's not a the life that I want. I don't want to regret minutes before I die, which means I want to achieve my own goal in my life.

How do you think about this issue?

• Friendly
Reactions: Deade

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to CF

There are Godly things, there are completely neutral things and there are sinful things. In your art as a Christian and in your life you should hate sin and aim not to sin.

I think the best test of your art would be, 'Would I share this with Jesus?' If thinking that makes you become uncomfortable due to the nature of it then you have your answer. Sexulizing animals is certainly wrong and the very fact you asked is because God is pricking your conscious about it. God will when we are open to his leading. A cartoon of an animal could be Godly, neutral or sinful, that depends what the artist does and their intention. Even a knife is neutral until someone picks it up and decides what to do with it.

It's been a long time since I saw Zootopia so I can't really comment on it.

Upvote 0

The Narrow Way

Master Herbalist
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2011
Ohio
Visit site
✟150,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello! I'm 14 yrs old student from South Korea who wants to be an animation creator.
I posted this post to ask a question. Actually, you might won't like it, but please read to the end.
As I have to follow the God's path, I searched what bible says about art on Google. It said

"God had shown Moses the design (Exodus 25:40); and by filling the artists with His Spirit, God guaranteed that the artwork produced would truly represent Him——not the ideas of man. ... Like all gifts that God gives, the gift of art is to be developed and then used for His glory" (copy and paste)

When I read this, I came up with a question. "Does that mean everything I create must be worshiping the God?" I mean, I want to follow his path, but I don't want the world to be like North Korea where every single thing idolizes the leader. I think we reserve a right to express what we like and create whatever we want unless it is completely against what the God said.
I know that Satan is hiding in the cultures that we see but I think it is okay to see or create something that doesn't worship or mention about the God unless it affects our faith. Also nobody in the society will want to see an animation that mentions about only the God, which means I can't make money from it and survive. Another issue that I have is I draw anthropomorphic animals. (that are basically furries.) I don't draw anything that contains inappropriate contentography, but I'm worried, because I might be sexualizing animals. If I am, then everyone who made the movie "Zootopia" is a sinner, right? One of people I know is a christian, she's the person who preached me. I have thought about this problem before, so I visited her and talked about this. She said I can draw most of what I want unless it affects my faith and what I do in real life. If everything I should do is worshiping the God, I basically have to become people who gave up their family, jobs, surviving, and make a God worshiping banner and take a huge speaker and read the Bible aloud in public. That's not a the life that I want. I don't want to regret minutes before I die, which means I want to achieve my own goal in my life.

Nice to meet you! :). Christians are supposed to be "IN the world but not OF the world." Being an artist is a wonderful talent that you can use for God's glory in so many ways. Like MUSIC, and every other talent, Satan will try to take you down the wrong path but if you pray and ask God to help you to be true to Him, He will do that.

Being a Christian doesn't mean that everything you draw needs to have a picture of God or Jesus in it. It just means you don't want to draw anything that would MISREPRESENT Christianity or promote sinful things. For example, it wouldn't be good to draw a couple of female fuzzies getting married. That would imply that you believe Homosexuality is acceptable.

God doesn't want us all to be the same, that is why He created us to be INDIVIDUALS who all think differently and see things differently...we are not all out of the same mold. But everything we do and say should bring GLORY to His name.

Upvote 0

FortniteKiller711

Jun 9, 2021
Gyunggi
✟7,920.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nice to meet you! :). Christians are supposed to be "IN the world but not OF the world." Being an artist is a wonderful talent that you can use for God's glory in so many ways. Like MUSIC, and every other talent, Satan will try to take you down the wrong path but if you pray and ask God to help you to be true to Him, He will do that.

Being a Christian doesn't mean that everything you draw needs to have a picture of God or Jesus in it. It just means you don't want to draw anything that would MISREPRESENT Christianity or promote sinful things. For example, it wouldn't be good to draw a couple of female fuzzies getting married. That would imply that you believe Homosexuality is acceptable.

God doesn't want us all to be the same, that is why He created us to be INDIVIDUALS who all think differently and see things differently...we are not all out of the same mold. But everything we do and say should bring GLORY to His name.
Thank you very much for the reply

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Op, seeing that you are South Korean, 안녕하세요
I did try to learn a little Korean (really badly)because my favourite singer is South Korean, Sohyang. She is a Christian you can look up to. She was also going to be a cartoonist but became a singer instead-I'm glad as she blesses me daily. She doesn't always sing gospel songs but always her motive is to bring comfort or happiness.

Upvote 0

SongOnTheWind

May 7, 2021
Croydon
✟26,712.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Unfortunately, we are living in a world that is becoming increasingly sinful and against God all the time, and so the way the world at large chooses to express itself is more and more abominable in God's eyes. However, I don't think the Lord wants you to be unhappy, I think He's given you the talents you have for a reason. If you now as a Christian find joy in God, then you have the entirety of freedom to express that joy. After all, only He can truly satisfy.

If living your life out in God does not give you joy, then it will show in what you do, and how you express yourself; the same as with anything else. God is not just about duty and commandments, He has called us into deep relationship with Himself. If we don't find joy in that relationship, or if we don't want to express that joy, then I would ask, why pursue that relationship in the first place? God wants to be loved for who He is, not for what He can do, same as us. Yes He can do - and does - wonderful things for us, and even through us, if we let Him; but ultimately, it's the relationship that we have with Him that becomes our testimony, whatever we happen to be doing.

In fact, the best use anyone could ever find for their talents and gifts, is to use them to glorify God. Yes, enjoy them. Yes, be fruitful in them, even financially so, if God uses them that way. And no, He won't force you. But remember, an idol is anything that assumes the position of God in our lives that in and of itself/themselves is NOT God. However, God is God. He is so much more than simply worthy of all praise and adoration and worship. So you wouldn't be idolising Him in using your talent for Him, you would simply giving Him a little something of what He is due and deserving of.

Be blessed, Fortnite. It is our privilege to live in God's love, and to live for His glory.

Upvote 0

The Narrow Way

Master Herbalist
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2011
Ohio
Visit site
✟150,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Another issue that I have is I draw anthropomorphic animals. (that are basically furries.) I don't draw anything that contains inappropriate contentography, but I'm worried, because I might be sexualizing animals.
If you are just making some animals to appear as males and some as females, I don't see that as wrong...perhaps you could post a picture here of what you mean?

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married

Welcome to CF, I hope you enjoy some good conversations here.

How I think about this issue is: All human language, education systems, and socialization processes draw our eyes away from God and the way He operates.

In every generation where there is scripture, it appears to be a response to its contemporaries. Having one day off a week would have been fairly revolutionary in an era where slavery and bloody war was normal.

Having laws that illustrated a concern for the poor and weak among you, wouldn't make sense in a social mesh where only the strong survived.

If you are making art with God in mind, think about how your art can respond to your contemporaries.

In preparing for this, examine what you have learned, and taught how to learn, what you have read, and also taught how to read. Yes examine your motives, but also the motives under the motives. If you find sin, then confess to God so He can begin to cleanse that area of your inner being for His use.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FortniteKiller711

Jun 9, 2021
Gyunggi
✟7,920.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Unfortunately, we are living in a world that is becoming increasingly sinful and against God all the time, and so the way the world at large chooses to express itself is more and more abominable in God's eyes. However, I don't think the Lord wants you to be unhappy, I think He's given you the talents you have for a reason. If you now as a Christian find joy in God, then you have the entirety of freedom to express that joy. After all, only He can truly satisfy.

If living your life out in God does not give you joy, then it will show in what you do, and how you express yourself; the same as with anything else. God is not just about duty and commandments, He has called us into deep relationship with Himself. If we don't find joy in that relationship, or if we don't want to express that joy, then I would ask, why pursue that relationship in the first place? God wants to be loved for who He is, not for what He can do, same as us. Yes He can do - and does - wonderful things for us, and even through us, if we let Him; but ultimately, it's the relationship that we have with Him that becomes our testimony, whatever we happen to be doing.

In fact, the best use anyone could ever find for their talents and gifts, is to use them to glorify God. Yes, enjoy them. Yes, be fruitful in them, even financially so, if God uses them that way. And no, He won't force you. But remember, an idol is anything that assumes the position of God in our lives that in and of itself/themselves is NOT God. However, God is God. He is so much more than simply worthy of all praise and adoration and worship. So you wouldn't be idolising Him in using your talent for Him, you would simply giving Him a little something of what He is due and deserving of.

Be blessed, Fortnite. It is our privilege to live in God's love, and to live for His glory.
It helped me a lot, thank you!

Upvote 0

FortniteKiller711

Jun 9, 2021
Gyunggi
✟7,920.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you are just making some animals to appear as males and some as females, I don't see that as wrong...perhaps you could post a picture here of what you mean?
Here it is

Attachments

• mydraswing.JPG
    mydraswing.JPG
    17.9 KB · Views: 1
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Welcome! Exodus 25:40 does not say that. So as long as your work respects God and reflects your faithfulness, it is fine !

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Exodus 25:40

This verse is not about being an artist ... There are items the Lord said to be placed in the earthly sanctuary He said to be built and gave great detail of how it was to be built.

The earthly sanctuary was a copy of the real sanctuary in heaven. The plan of salvation was/is revealed in the sanctuary. The items in the sanctuary are symbols of a great truth. You might consider an in-depth study of it.

What you might create art-wise should not dishonor God.

anthropomorphic animals ... what is your purpose for this art?

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,952.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I sometimes write Christain poems, but I also sometimes write natural things. As Christians, not everything we do "artistically" has to be Christain. God would prefer us to serve him with our hearts. We only do Christain stuff if we want to do it. There are plenty of things as a Christian that I look at, use, that is not Christian, like movies, or computer games, all of these have art, but it is not Christain art, it is just normal art. God would have us enjoy the natural part of our life, while not neglecting the spiritual.

Upvote 0