• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I need help

RuthD

blah blah blah
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2006
Earth
✟191,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm not always doing well. Now my sister bashed me for being on disability. She really made me feel down and out about it. I cannot work because of serious chronic disorders. I am hardly functioning now and don't know why she bashed me so bad. I need prayers.

miss-a

Jul 12, 2009
Snowy Northeast
✟35,831.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Definitely praying for you, Ruth.

I'm sorry that happened to you. I'm not sure if your sister is saved or not, and I mean no disrespect to her, but basically what she is saying to you is that because you are not serving money you have no value. She seems to not know the things of God. You are here on this forum serving, doing the things of God, praying for us and encouraging us everyday. This pleases your Father in heaven and helps us so much. But the world can't see that. The world scrambles to climb the corporate ladder, and while on that ladder, no matter how high they are on it, sometimes it makes them feel better to look down upon others. It's not right. It's not godly. But it happens. You did not deserve that. You are a treasure in God's eyes and in ours. And that's all that matters.

Blessings, love, appreciation, and prayers,
a

Upvote 0

RuthD

blah blah blah
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2006
Earth
✟191,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Definitely praying for you, Ruth.

I'm sorry that happened to you. I'm not sure if your sister is saved or not, and I mean no disrespect to her, but basically what she is saying to you is that because you are not serving money you have no value. She seems to not know the things of God. You are here on this forum serving, doing the things of God, praying for us and encouraging us everyday. This pleases your Father in heaven and helps us so much. But the world can't see that. The world scrambles to climb the corporate ladder, and while on that ladder, no matter how high they are on it, sometimes it makes them feel better to look down upon others. It's not right. It's not godly. But it happens. You did not deserve that. You are a treasure in God's eyes and in ours. And that's all that matters.

Blessings, love, appreciation, and prayers,
a
Thanks so much miss a. That made me feel better. I guess the whole of society needs prayers too. God bless you.:crosseo::hug:

Upvote 0

aflower4God

observant petal
Jan 3, 2007
✟16,330.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
((((((((((Big hugs))))))))))) to you sweet sis, I am so sorry to hear about this with your sister. Know that you are not a bad person at all, I think it is sad how some people will not take the time to "walk in other people's shoes" It seems that your sister doesn't want to understand your situation. I will pray that she will understand your situation sweet sis. :hug:'s :hug:'s :hug:'s :hug:'s :hug:'s :hug:'s :hug:'s :hug:'s :hug:'s
PS know that you are a HUGE blessing to many! :)

Upvote 0

RuthD

blah blah blah
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2006
Earth
✟191,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
((((((((((Big hugs))))))))))) to you sweet sis, I am so sorry to hear about this with your sister. Know that you are not a bad person at all, I think it is sad how some people will not take the time to "walk in other people's shoes" It seems that your sister doesn't want to understand your situation. I will pray that she will understand your situation sweet sis. :hug:'s :hug:'s :hug:'s :hug:'s :hug:'s :hug:'s :hug:'s :hug:'s :hug:'s
PS know that you are a HUGE blessing to many! :)
Thank you so much for your reassurance. Yes my sister needs prayers too. I think she was being mean to me like so many other times in my life. She likes to take her stress out on me but probably does not know what she is doing. Hugs to you flower. Love you.:hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RuthD

blah blah blah
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2006
Earth
✟191,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Im sorry your sister hurt you. Praying for God to bring you peace and comfort and that you are wrapped in His love. Praying for your sister to (((( hugs ))))
Thank you very much.:hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Chaplain David

CF Chaplain
Nov 26, 2007
USA
✟284,152.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thanks for your reply. I see a lot of doctors who are doing their best to help me.

Hello,

I'm glad you have a good medical support system. I've been chronically ill for going on 20 years now so I have some understanding about what you're going through.

A constant challenge for me is getting out of the house on a regular basis. It can be very limiting and tends to isolate many of us who are chronically ill.

Many people, even those close to us, don't really understand what it means to be chronically ill. Instead of being seen as people who are ill, trying to do the best we can, we can be seen as chronic complainers or even lazy. That is not the case.

One of the best things about the internet and sites like CF, is that it offers social opportunities. It also presents us with opportunities to minister to others in a variety of ways.

God bless everyone. I'm praying for all.

Faithfully,

Upvote 0

RuthD

blah blah blah
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2006
Earth
✟191,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
(hugs)

Are you able to sit down and talk to your sister and let her know how she is affecting you?
My sister lives out of state and yes I already told her how she affected me. It was through email. Nothing I said to her mattered.

Hello,

I'm glad you have a good medical support system. I've been chronically ill for going on 20 years now so I have some understanding about what you're going through.

A constant challenge for me is getting out of the house on a regular basis. It can be very limiting and tends to isolate many of us who are chronically ill.

Many people, even those close to us, don't really understand what it means to be chronically ill. Instead of being seen as people who are ill, trying to do the best we can, we can be seen as chronic complainers or even lazy. That is not the case.

One of the best things about the internet and sites like CF, is that it offers social opportunities. It also presents us with opportunities to minister to others in a variety of ways.

Faithfully,
Thank you Sacerdote.

Praying for you, Ruth! Sending hugs and love your way...

:hug: :hug: :hug:
Thank you. Hugs to you.:hug:

Upvote 0

Krissy Cakes

Site Supporter
Aug 5, 2008
Idaho
✟91,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello,

Faithfully,

:cry: I know it was meant for Ruth but I really needed to hear this. Its nice to know we are not alone. I deal with pain everyday and I hurt all the time. :( But I try not let that get me down but sometimes it does. There are times where my family says I "complain" to much. I say be in my shoes for one day and say that. :sorry: It just frustrates me the people who don't understand but I guess we have to pray for them? Right? :prayer:

Last edited:
Upvote 0