Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,088,079.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Praying for you to have the faith to know that the Almighty is the only true Diety. No matter how obvious things may be, no matter how much research we may do, the evil one is very good at deceiving and confusing us.

As for how I know that He is Who the Bible says He is, one reason is because the Bible holds up to history, archaeology, science and fulfilled prophecy. There is absolutely nothing else like it in the world. What is says about how the world came to be is verified if one looks outside the matrix mind set of this society and searches for the true science, where the real data and evidence are.

The Bible was apparently started by Adam. What was written in the first 5 books was compiled by Moses and various prophets and saints contributed to the other books in the "Old" Testament. The "New" Testament was written by Messiah's followers. It was compiled at the Nicene Council by varioius scholars. (

How do we know that the "Old" Testament that we have is accurate and not, as main stream media and culture would have you to believe, "just copies of copies of copies changing from one language to another." That is a very easy Q to answer. The French don't go to the English to translate, or vice versa. They all use the original Hebrew and Greek texts and translate into their own languatge. Also, in the late 1940s a Bedouin found some old scrolls in some caves. This was the greatest archaeological find in hisotyr. In those, and other scrolls found later, there is at least a portion, sometimes entire works, from every book in the "Old" Testament except for Esther.

When those books, written before the time of Messiah, were compared to what was being taught from Bibles in Synagogues and Churches, how different were they? There was virually no difference at all! This is because the ancient scribes were "fanatic" about getting the Torah/Bible right when copying it. If they made one slip of the pen then the entire scroll was buried in the ground!

As far as the "New Testament" is concerned, it is constantly being verified by archaeology and history and also by numerous writings from it found around the world.
For ex. people used to say, "There was no Pilate! History doesn't show any such person!" But then they found a stone for a building naming him as the administrator. Physcians have also stated that the descriptioin of the crucifixion matches what one would expect. These kinds of things happen all the time.

There is a great video on the Shroud of Turin. I will give you the link and you can make up your mind if you think it authentic or not. One has to ask, if it is a medievel painting as some would have us to believe, why it has actual blood on it, why it makes not only a negative impression (like a photograph) but a holographic impression. No artist in those days could create those effects and really we can't either.

In addition they have discoverd from faint images that the body has 1st century coins from Jerusalem over its eyes and that flowers were placed around it that are found only in Jerusalem. There is much more that can't be explained except, mho, by the miracle of the Resurrection. But decide for yourself. (You have to scroll down to "The Fabric of Time.)

Misc. Videos/Movies « Boldly Proclaiming Christ

It is good that you ask Qs. My personal experience has been that the more Qs I researched, the more my faith grew and this has been the case for so many years.
I hope you will not feel that because you are so young that you cannot analyze and decide things for yourself. Much of what there is to learn is based on plain common sense - something I personally feel is so lacking in the mental mind set of today.

Praying you will be led into all truth.

Upvote 0

Look Up

"What is unseen is eternal"
Jul 16, 2010
✟16,230.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Hi, This question has been burning through my mind for awhile now. I know in the bible it says that all the other idols people worship are fake and not real gods but what about God. Is he like those too? How was the first bible created also?
:confused:

I'm not sure I understand you exactly. One could argue that the idols are attractive in part because they have some attributes that mimic the real God (I think of fertility rites vs. God providing crops and livestock), but on the other hand John the Apostle warns disciples of Jesus at the end of the 1 John epistle against idolatry because even Christians tend to stray from loyalty and love toward the only God. Idolatry is a violation of the first command, which is to love God (and one's neighbor as oneself).

So sinful humans like us are inclined to love what God is not (=and idol). We (or those of us "in the flesh" in Paul's language) would prefer not to submit to and trust God as He is, and would prefer instead that His nature was more malleable to our opinions of Him and His actions more under our control.

So the truth isn't so much a problem as is our preference for darkness rather than light because our deeds are evil (to allude to John 3:19).

For an easy-to-understand study, see How We Got the Bible by Neil Lightfoot (e.g., Christianbook.com: How We Got the Bible, Third Edition: Neil R. Lightfoot: 9780801072611). Does that scratch an itch? We are talking about thousands of years of history and a wide array of surviving texts and other archaeological evidence, some of it tangibly exciting (e.g, look up (1) Count Tischendorf and (2) the Dead Sea Scrolls).

Of course the first thing to do is to read the original--the Bible itself. Thoroughly. With attention and care.

Much of the reading of the Bible is tied to the question, "Who is Jesus" (a major theme of the four Gospels which often look back to Old Testament messianic prophecy). If Jesus is who He says He is in the Gospels (and confirmed by the rest of the New Testament), much about the Bible falls into consistent and coherent patterns on that account.

Another major impetus to the Bible was Moses and the associated big and miraculous events (I mean regarding the Exodus, Sinai and wilderness wanderings). If these things are true, much else about the Old Testament follows ... not to mention that Jesus by way of citation and general comment viewed the books of Moses (including Genesis) and what amounts to the Old Testament as God's word or as divinely inspired prophecy. Who then is Jesus?

Am I on track for your questions?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ark100

The Lord is my Refuge
Mar 11, 2012
✟10,421.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Hi, This question has been burning through my mind for awhile now. I know in the bible it says that all the other idols people
worship are fake and not real gods but what about God. Is he like those too? How was the first bible created also?
:confused:

Yes all other gods are fake. They cannot help anyone. This started back in the ancient days when the people would worship idols. They will make graven images of strange idols and they will fall down and worship those images and call the images their god.

Just so you know first and foremost. Before God, the one and only God. *God of Abraham, God of Isaac, and God of Jacob*. *The I am that I am*. *The Ancient of Days*. *YHWH*
There was no god before Him, and neither will there be any after Him. He is the one and only true God who created the heaven and earth and everything else in it.

GOD, The Alpha and Omega, the one who created everything is NOT fake. He is real, alive and the author of the Universe. The Bible is not fake, it was breathed, birthed and Inspired by the Spirit of God. Don't worry about those who try to discredit the Bible. Its the Pure word of God.

Reading and Understanding the bible in its entirety takes the power of the Holy Spirit to be present, to help, aid and open your eyes and mind to the real meaning in the word of God. Many people read it and don't understand, its because their inner eyes and mind has not been opened yet to the utmost power of the one true God.

Isaiah 45:5

I am the Lord, and there is no other;
apart from me there is no God.

Isaiah 45:12
It is I who made the earth
and created mankind on it.
My own hands stretched out the heavens;
I marshaled their starry hosts.

Isaiah 45:22-23

And there is no God apart from me,
a righteous God and a Savior;
there is none but me.
23“Turn to me and be saved,
all you ends of the earth;
for I am God, and there is no other.
23 By myself I have sworn,
my mouth has uttered in all integrity
a word that will not be revoked:
Before me every knee will bow;
by me every tongue will swear.

Isaiah 43 :10-11

“You are my witnesses, ” declares the Lord,
“and my servant whom I have chosen,
so that you may know and believe me
and understand that I am he.
Before me no god was formed,
nor will there be one after me.
11 I, even I, am the Lord,
and apart from me there is no savior.

Upvote 0

Treasurer

May 31, 2005
At home.
✟17,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In the beginning, after Adam and Eve lost their connection with God, it left a void. Some people look for light in that darkness, showing them the truth.

Other want to create for themselves a god, something they think will fill that void. You still see that today among those who dont believe in Jesus.

See Jesus is called our mediator. He causes us to be one with God again (Gospel of John 14 20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you). That void is filled. We are no longer children of darkness, but called children of light.

This is why their are false gods and images (idols) of those gods. Mans way of replacing God without having to live by a standard.

Scriptures have been written down by faithful witnessess. Down thru the ages those manuscripts in their original form have been lost. But faithful servants (scribes) have written them down thru time, made copies of the original. We get to see a glimpse of how well preserved many of these texts are by comparing what we have today with the ones found at Qumran. For example the Isaiah scroll. It still says the same thing today that it did 2000 years ago. Isnt that amazing.

No other document can boast the same.

Also search the scriptures, see if God's Word is true. His prophets faithfully wrote down His words. And God says to see if a prophet is speaking truthfully in His name, God causes those prophecies to come to pass. God says in Isaiah 55: 10 “The rain and snow come down from the heavens
and stay on the ground to water the earth.
They cause the grain to grow,
producing seed for the farmer
and bread for the hungry.
11 It is the same with my word.
I send it out, and it always produces fruit.
It will accomplish all I want it to,
and it will prosper everywhere I send it.

Upvote 0

Shulamite7

Jul 13, 2012
✟15,669.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lets just say that you are faced with a temptation but it is sinful and against what the God of the Bible commands. You prove your love for your God by not yielding to this temptation and you continue to walk in God's ways. Then He will surely reward you. It may not come in the form that you expect or want. But He will keep you from shame and you will KNOW His protection. You will KNOW that the Word of God is living and active and it will work on your behalf.

Idols are not only other Gods that people worship that is made of stone or wood but also anything or anyone that they are obsessed with or very passionate about above God. Some of us can't get enough of the internet, movies, food and so on. All these are idols in our lives. Anything that takes first place in our lives instead of our first love(God) is an idol.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Have you read any Christian books on apologetics or philosophy? If not, I would suggest Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis to start you out, and I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be An Atheist by Norm Geisler and Frank Turek after that. They both make a philisophical case for one god who created everything and has no equal. Mere Christianity is written for a general audience, while I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be An Atheist is more for critical thinkers.

Upvote 0
Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I know in the bible it says that all the other idols people worship are fake and not real gods but what about God. Is he like those too? How was the first bible created also?
GOD/IDOLS

God was around before anything else.

The first chapter of John explains it this way:

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning.

Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.

BIBLE

As others explained, the Bible is a collection of writings. As far as we know, in early days, storytelling passed along information from one generation to the next. As language and writing symbols developed, people wrote down what they had learned.

Some of the books of the Bible were written by scribes, to record events of a kingdom and how God intervened in people's lives. Some of the books were songs and poems for the church to use. Some, words of wisdom. Some were prophecies and the things prophets endured.

The writings were saved and treasured, and eventually put together into one book, the Bible. Books were mass-printed in the 1400's.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Idols are idols because God is God. That is, the others are false because only one can be genuine. If we didn't have the genuine, we wouldn't know the others are false - and that is exactly the state of many who have not met the one true God.

Of course, without the true God nothing would exist. All things are from Him. He alone deserves worship, which is why idolatry is wrong.

The "first Bible" is pretty much impossible to pin down. Writings by or of people who had recognized authority from God were collected, and over time were acknowledged to be authoritative. This happened with the OT, and again with the NT. Some books only eventually were accepted, some were initially considered but then jettisoned. At this point in time we can be sure that we have "all things pertaining to life and godliness" in the scriptures. There is plenty of proof that the testimony of the Word is true, and plenty of proof that it has been transmitted faithfully.

Upvote 0