Survivor
Mar 1, 2002
California
Visit site
✟7,688.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Mama,
I am praying for both you and your beautiful child...Just remember of all the women in the world, God put him with you because you are something special and it is YOU whom will help guide him through the many obstacles of life...and right now, this is just an obstacle, a very painful one sometimes. I remember I was sooo mean to my mom and dad when I was a teenager, I look back now and think why? maybe all the hormones, I don't know, but I do know that growth will take place from both he and you...You WILL get through this! I am praying for both of you right now...You as a parent will have the greatest impact on him, God is with both of you and so are all of us here...praying, praying, praying!
Teenagers...you just gotta love em!
Love, your friend
Amie :angel:

Upvote 0

VOW

Feb 7, 2002
*displaced* CA, soon to be AZ!
Visit site
✟28,000.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by amie
I remember I was sooo mean to my mom and dad when I was a teenager

Amie:

Trust me, Sweetheart, your mom and dad understand. They were probably world-class brats when they were teens!

When my daughter turned 14 and morphed into "Raging Hormones From Hell," I spent a LOT of time apologizing to MY mother. LOL

:D

(she was very gracious about the whole thing, too!)

Peace be with you,
~VOW

Upvote 0

Iffy

Feb 6, 2002
Brisbane
Visit site
✟15,549.00
Faith
Protestant
Originally posted by supermagdalena
Ha...so I see that perhaps being a pain to your parents is normal? I thought I was just dense. :p

supermag, I would worry if my child always said 'yes mom, 'yes mom, yes mom, yes mom'. : ) He/she should enlist in the army then.

I was quite the 'yes mom yes mom' type when I was young but only when they were around. I wish now I had been open with my rebellion instead of keeping it inside.

All I am saying is, regardless of what stage you are in your maturity, openness and honesty is very good. Rudeness and disrespect is no good but it is a normal part of growing up. Some kids read the Bible, follow it, are touched by God at an early age..and they respond to life in a more mature way. Other kids are still finding their way through and therefore will make many mistakes before they one day get on their knees before God..and let God have His way with them. Only God can change people.

Our rebellious nature is 'normal' as is part of our fallen world. This is not to be used as an 'excuse' but mere insight into understanding how people are...

Upvote 0

mama

Chocolate the "other" food group
Feb 26, 2002
oregon
Visit site
✟352.00
well I am so glad that I am not alone in this and that is a comfort.....I too was a horrid teen and my mother daily looked under my bed for the POD because she was sure that her real daughter was replaced by the POD people....check out in fellowship and the topic is what my mother taught me..I think you will find it funny...with much love and respect...mama

Upvote 0

solo66 man

Jan 18, 2002
San Jose Ca.
✟6,958.00
Originally posted by mama
well I am so glad that I am not alone in this and that is a comfort.....I too was a horrid teen and my mother daily looked under my bed for the POD because she was sure that her real daughter was replaced by the POD people....check out in fellowship and the topic is what my mother taught me..I think you will find it funny...with much love and respect...mama

No, you are not alone at all. It is an ancient history.
It is all part of growing up in an advanced society as this one is. I forget right off hand who the ancient Greek philosopher was, but if you were to read what he had to say about the youth then, you would swear he was talking about today's youth.

Upvote 0

Iffy

Feb 6, 2002
Brisbane
Visit site
✟15,549.00
Faith
Protestant
Originally posted by solo66 man

I wouldn't worry. Hmmmm, do you think Jesus was rebellious?
I somehow doubt it.

It depends on the context, really. In my situation, I was taught never to speak back to parents, never to speak my mind...so I learnt to say whatever I knew pleased my parents.

I would like very much for my kids to learn to speak their mind independently and not be...hmm..the word fails me.

I think Jesus knew what He was doing and He carried His own in that way. This is what I want for my kids. The problem with today is not so much of people speaking what others want to hear but speaking other people's thoughts. How many of us think our own thoughts? If we really stop and think...most of the time, we are not thinking our own thinking. : )

Upvote 0

supermagdalena

The Shrubs and the Flan.
Jan 27, 2002
Suburbia, USA
Visit site
✟2,068.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Yes, yes, I think my mom would think something was seriously wrong if I was perfectly kind and sweet all the time! :D I'm trying to fight being disrespectful though...I need to do it about 30 times less. But it's been better since I've been trying and got some people praying for me. We actually go to the mall, etc. now together and don't have a fight :) Which hasn't really happened in years! I'm growing in my relationship with her thanks to effort, and a whole lot of prayer!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.