0101011101010111010010100 1000100
Jan 14, 2015
Deep contemplation.
✟30,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is demon possession in the bible. Maybe it still happens today - I don’t know. Mental disorders and disorders of the brain are not the same thing as demon possession. There is a lot of debate about the causes of bi-polar, with people on both sides of the debate equally convinced that they are absolutely right. I worked in a related field for 16 years and I would hazard an opinion that bi-polar, unlike some other diagnoses which are less certain in their causes, is an expression of a difference in the functioning of the brain itself. Many people function very well with this disorder (just google ‘famous people who were bipolar). For some it can be very destructive. It isn’t demon possession, any more than you or me getting mad at someone or having a bad day is.
I feel like it's more along the lines Of Early developmental stages having some form of trauma that causes them to have issues processing emotions. I could be wrong.

Reactions: Tom 1
Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I feel like it's more along the lines Of Early developmental stages having some form of trauma that causes them to have issues processing emotions. I could be wrong.

Yeah there’s a lot of debate about it. A recent theory about symptoms related to a diagnosis of schizophrenia is that they might be symptoms of an autoimmune disease or immune disorder of some sort. There’s a long term trial going on at the moment.

Reactions: Shadowprophet
Upvote 0

Shadowprophet

0101011101010111010010100 1000100
Jan 14, 2015
Deep contemplation.
✟30,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So, I tried to access those forums, I'm not banned. But i'm not able to post anymore. They removed my posting privilages. While I was surfing the net. I found this picture. It seems to contain a lot of wisdom.

b5b6c5ed8567768c50fa16de805f17d6.jpg

Reactions: Tom 1
Upvote 0

Urban_Legend

Oct 21, 2017
Cape Town
✟20,013.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My name is Darren, I've posted here before in the past.

I have issues with anger. I'm Bipolar, it's not something I choose to do.
But it affects me.

I think I've done some wrongs. But I was trying to do right. I am a member of a science message board, One of the topics there. was, if the Bible was true/ false or irrelevant.

Now keep in mind, This message board is primarily Atheist. And in truth, I get along with people of almost all faiths until they attack my faith. There was a man there. He Began questioning My faith. He asked me how it was okay to be a Christian. He then accused God Of being several things. Ranging from a murder to a pedophile to evil. I tried to intellectually debate the man. For two days in the forums, I debated this man.

I eventually just completely lost my temper. Look. From my point of view. someone is allowed to think whatever they want. But when you are directly speaking to someone who is a Christian. It is just not right to approach someone and accuse their God of all these evil things. When I became Offended. I didn't fight with this man like a Christian. There was hate in my heart. Now, At this point, I'm a Christian. Who has been pushed for days by this man, I've been told what I believe is wrong. And Evil. And that it's simply not okay to Worship God.

Then the administrator of the forums, Who is also an atheist. (Believe me, I have no problem with someone just because they are an atheist.) But no one on earth is going to approach me and tell me that it's wrong to be offended by someone calling God a pedophile, I was beside myself and completely inconsolable at the time.

To This group of Atheists. I came off like an attacking Monster. I told the administrator. The only power he had over me was the power to ban. And I am not afraid of that power. That he could ban me or not. But no one, Is going to tell me that it's wrong to be offended when someone calls their God those things. That I would defend God to anyone who attacks him in my presence. and I quote. ( His Athiest ass could just ban me or deal with it. because I don't just stand there while people throw stones. I throw them back. )

The problem is, I know I handled this wrong. But I had no support, It was me in a room full of 40 atheists. Being ridiculed for my beliefs for two full days until I snapped on everyone.

Now, I know I've done wrong. I didn't handle this correctly.

However. I feel like someone who would Call God a pedophile and a murder. Is my enemy. I have no really nice things to say to someone who says that to me about God.

What I need right now. Is for someone who Understands situations like these. To tell me, How Do I begin to feel like a human again. These people accused me of being mentally unstable just because I wouldn't sit and listen to them call God these horrible things.

Maybe I am mentally unstable. But There is nothing intellectual about calling someone's deepest spiritual beliefs all those horrible things. and expect me to just bite my tongue. Please, someone, advise me. What Do I do?

Dear Friend, I'm not judging you in any sort of way, this is only my opinion but let me be brutally honest with you. First of all the bible says in Ephesians 6:10-17 (Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.)...

I don't believe, as much as I enjoy it that serving the Lord in a chatroom or on a forum is beneficial for spiritual growth or a relationship with God. Mark 9:43 metaphorical says that if hanging around or doing things that easily causes you to sin or stumble cut it out and get away from it, taking on 40 atheist in a virtual medium where it's so easy for evil and doubt to breed is like preaching the word of God in a stripclub, if you know what I mean. There are more ways, more important ways to show your devotion to God and giving him Glory.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,989.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status