Dallas
✟16,666.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If one denies Jesus Christ before they became a true follower of Christ, because he was not willing to give up sin at the time, but later on realizes that he made that mistake and finally accepts Jesus as Lord and Savior, and forsake all sin, will he be forgiven? He knew Jesus was good and real but at the time was not willing to accept Jesus due to sin but later on he finally accepts Jesus as lord and savior and asks Jesus to help him to sin no more. He struggles with sin but in order to be saved one must follow AND OBEY Jesus's commands.

Has he blasphemed the holy spirit?

Theokayman1

Jun 13, 2017
Dallas
✟16,666.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I saw Jesus's grace and rejected it because I was not ready to give up sin but now looking back at it I was a fool for doing that and want another chance to give my life to Jesus and stop sinning, but I may have hardened my heart.

Upvote 0

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Temporarily rejecting the leading of Holy Spirit is not blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. You are now drawn to want to follow Christ and give up sin. You're in a good place. Sadly, many people aren't aware of their sin, rationalize it, or don't care.

Upvote 0

Theokayman1

Jun 13, 2017
Dallas
✟16,666.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Okay. I still struggle with trying to love Jesus Christ AND trying to give up sin. I do not know if I am truly saved by the grace of Jesus or not. My heart doesn't feel a thing which makes me afraid I may of committed the sin of Blasphemy against the holy spirit.

I rejected Jesus Christ and the leading of the holy spirit and I was a fool for doing that.

Upvote 0

Theokayman1

Jun 13, 2017
Dallas
✟16,666.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But thank you for replaying and listening to what I have to say. It means alot.

I have a extremely hard time of giving up sin, but I still accept the Lord Jesus Christ as my lord and savior. But what puzzles me is that you can not serve both masters at the same time. (Sin and Jesus) therefore I may not truly be saved? But I still accept Jesus as my Lord and Savior and need to overcome whatever is in my way between me and Jesus Christ.

What is the true meaning of Blaspheming the holy spirit?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
But thank you for replaying and listening to what I have to say. It means alot.

I have a extremely hard time of giving up sin, but I still accept the Lord Jesus Christ as my lord and savior. But what puzzles me is that you can not serve both masters at the same time. (Sin and Jesus) therefore I may not truly be saved? But I still accept Jesus as my Lord and Savior and need to overcome whatever is in my way between me and Jesus Christ.

What is the true meaning of Blaspheming the holy spirit?

Sin is hard to give up. We all struggle with it on some level. A key is not to give in to obvious sin.

The true meaning of blaspheming the Holy Spirit is found here, "It is only by Beelzebul, the prince of demons, that this man casts out demons" (Matthew 12:24, ESV). Christ warns the Pharisees against verbalizing these "thoughts" (Matthew 12:25, ESV), and thereby being guilty of "blasphemy against the Spirit" (Matthew 12:31, ESV).

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
If one denies Jesus Christ before they became a true follower of Christ, because he was not willing to give up sin at the time, but later on realizes that he made that mistake and finally accepts Jesus as Lord and Savior, and forsake all sin, will he be forgiven? He knew Jesus was good and real but at the time was not willing to accept Jesus due to sin but later on he finally accepts Jesus as lord and savior and asks Jesus to help him to sin no more. He struggles with sin but in order to be saved one must follow AND OBEY Jesus's commands.

Short answer: No he hasn't. Behold, God's love for us! :)

Longer answer: In order to BE saved, you have to repent and accept Jesus. In order to STAY in right standing, you follow His Word with the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Salvation is free, we don't work for it, we just simply accept Him as our savior. Whatever happens before is now not counted against you.Staying in right standing with God shows the acknowledgment and gratitude of that free gift of salvation.

It's like going before a judge where you are undoubtfully a criminal deserving of the death penalty. Then a lawyer shows up and negotiated a settle for your case. Without you needing to even plea, you're saved from that penalty, as long as you accept the offer. To honor what he did, you acknowledge what the lawyer did for you, and uphold the laws so that you don't face that wrath again.

Upvote 0

Theokayman1

Jun 13, 2017
Dallas
✟16,666.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Okay, thanks guys! I have rejected Jesus in the past, but that was a horrible mistake. I now accept the fact that Jesus did die for my sins, and rose from the dead 3 days later and shed his blood so we can be forgiven for our sins. I have accepted Jesus as my lord and savior.

But I need to continue my walk with him and obey his commands because he has saved me. Hopefully I didn't commit this sin, which I now know I could not have, but I always worry about.

• Prayers
Reactions: Geoghegan
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,543.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

No. Jesus' definition of blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is saying that His miraculous works come from the devil. You have never done that.

Outside of that the scripture says, "All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven of men." Peter denied the Lord three times, and yet the Lord forgave Him without hesitation. You have never denied the Lord like Peter did, so you can believe that the Lord is more than willing to forgive you and to restore you into complete and close fellowship with Him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Romansthruphilemon

Feb 6, 2017
Concord, NH
✟59,907.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Theokayman1 - It seems like you believe the false gospel of lordship salvation. The teachers that teach lordship salvation teach the hybrid gospel - part Jesus - part you.

The real gospel is in 1 Cor 15:1-4 - How that Christ died for our sins, was buried, and rose again. Ephesians 1:12,13 and 4:30 tell us that when we hear the gospel and trust in Jesus we are sealed by the holy Spirit until the day of redemption.

There are no works required - Ephesians 2:8,9, Romans 4:5, Titus 3:5. Repenting of sin is a work. We are saved by grace through faith, not of works.

Romans 11:6 shows that you can't mix grace and works - It's one or the other.

Put your trust, 100%, in Christ dieing for your sins, being buried, and rising again for your justification. Rely on his blood being shed for you. Your performance plays no part whatsoever in your salvation. When you do this you will be saved and should have assurance of your salvation.

I have to say this also because someone is going to bring it up - I'm not saying go sin as much as you want. There will be bad consequences for sin. But how much you get control over sin in your life has nothing to do with your salvation. Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world. Jesus has taken Gods wrath for all sin.

• Winner
Reactions: Winken
Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sooooooooooooooo Spiritually Refreshing!!! Gospel Glorybumps!!! I CAN'T WAIT to share it around the world!!!

(I only have one insight: pin your hair back above your right eye before you get so Spiritually charged!!!) :clap:

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When you do this you will be saved and should have assurance of your salvation.

When you do this you SHALL be saved and SHALL have HIS assurance of your salvation!!!!!!

GLORY!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Maryslittleflower

Fiat Voluntas Tua
Sep 5, 2015
✟10,829.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate

Yes such a person can be forgiven.

The theological consensus about the unforgivable sin is that it inherently includes unrepentance - such a person has such a hardened heart that they reject acknowledging their sins. If a person is repentant, they are already open to grace.

You can definitely be forgiven. Trust God :)

Reactions: MMDave3
Upvote 0

31gH9N.9.

Dec 27, 2016
USA
✟38,495.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Okay, thanks guys! I have rejected Jesus in the past, but that was a horrible mistake. I now accept the fact that Jesus did die for my sins, and rose from the dead 3 days later and shed his blood so we can be forgiven for our sins. I have accepted Jesus as my lord and savior.

But I need to continue my walk with him and obey his commands because he has saved me. Hopefully I didn't commit this sin, which I now know I could not have, but I always worry about.

Read Matthew 21:28-32
I used to think I had committed the unpardonable sin for many months. The thought went away then came back. After continuing to spend more time in the Bible I can say it no longer haunts me anymore. I think the common statement among most believers is true. " If you fear that you have committed the unpardonable sin, it is a good sign that you have not." You're most definitely not alone in this fear that you have yielded to.

Jesus says " he who comes to me, I will in no wise ( that is, for anything he has done) cast out." ~Parenthetical statement added.

Upvote 0

DreamerOfTheHeart

I Am What I Am
Jul 11, 2017
Houston
✟39,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

So, this is a frequently asked question. FYI.

I do disagree with the common explanations I hear, but the general emphasis on "No, you did not", is what is important.

The reason why blasphemy of the holy spirit can not be forgiven is because that is where someone believes their own spirit is the Spirit of God.

So, for instance, those who were saying Jesus was casting out demons by the spirit of baalzebub (who is fiction and not real), were simply assuming their own spirit was the Spirit of God to make such an authoritative and deadly judgment.

So, your spirit is not the Spirit of God, okay? And now that you realize that, you realize you could use the Spirit of God...

And so are fine.

Upvote 0
Aug 28, 2017
Poplar Bluff
✟8,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Don't beat yourself up about sinning. We all do it because we're human. The key is to try your best to avoid it, but to make sure you repent when you do sin. Repentance isn't just asking God for forgiveness, but also making sure you stay away from committing that sin again.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.