✟16,909.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Good day friendly Christians!

My name is Naz Red, I am a filmmaker and I think I am a pretty good guy! I recently made a film called "Debbie and The Devil" in which I play Satan, and it is a very fun, funny, silly scary movie. Unfortunately, I have been informed by Christian friends that I am going to hell for making this film. Our website is debbieandthedevil.com and I think it is a fun movie for teens to enjoy, but every Christian person I know says I will go to hell for this movie because they say it is blasphemous! I'm like, maybe, but it's a cool movie. I feel there is an interesting debate here in terms of cinema and Christianity and think it would make for a thought provoking conversation for my podcast and so I am inviting any and all Christians to come onto my show and talk it out, I want to know why Christians think I am going to hell for making a silly movie. True, there are things in the film that are racy and violent and yes I guess blasphemous but I don't know really. We portray Jesus as a black samurai and I think that's cool, not blasphemous, and I think maybe my Christian friends think it is blasphemous to have the devil be a cool guy and there is a scene where the Devil and Jesus are telling yo momma jokes to one another which is just silly. At any rate, I would love to hear what other Christians think and if you are feeling up to having a recorded debate over the phone, I would love that! We can exchange information and we can set a day and record a healthy talk, I love my movie because it is cool but I guess there are parts of it that are offensive but my intentions are pure: I just want to entertain the youth! Thank you all and have a wonderful day :)

Chris V++

Associate Member
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟677,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Christians believe we will face judgement because of sin, and that believing and accepting the sacrifice made by Jesus on the cross will deliver us from that judgement, that we are redeemed because of that sacrifice so pointing at something like a blasphemous movie as being the thing that condemns is sort of an immature perspective on sin. To paraphrase, all of us have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God. There is not one of us who is righteous, no not one, lest any of us should boast.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

Naz Red

Aug 2, 2019
Santa Monica
✟16,909.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Christians believe we will face judgement because of sin, and that believing and accepting the sacrifice made by Jesus on the cross will deliver us from that judgement, that we are redeemed because of that sacrifice so pointing at something like a movie as being the thing that condemns is sort of an immature perspective on sin.

I feel in agreement with this, my Christian friends say they have issue with the scene where Jesus Christ and Satan make fun of each others mothers and there are lines here and there where Satan curses God and they say that's a no no, they think the movie itself is sinful because it is completely irreverent I just think it's a funny thing. Also people have issue with me being Persian but it's like dude, that is racist. ;)

Upvote 0

Chris V++

Associate Member
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟677,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Don't get me wrong, God is not Someone to trifle with, and one of His commandments was not to take His name in vain. 'Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain"

So i'd be careful nonetheless since ignorance of the law isn't necessarily an excuse.

Do you believe in God?

• Agree
Reactions: Swan7
Upvote 0

Chris V++

Associate Member
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟677,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes I do!

That's great to know. I remember hearing a comedian describe the Bible as 'a really really old, really really weird self- help book. ' Like you say, the loving man and being kind to your neighbor is a huge part of it.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I am shameless, it is current news because my movie is news and it is an event :) to me :)
did you notice this part talking about this section:
Statement of Purpose - Current News & Events Statement of Purpose
The Current News & Events forum in the Discussion & Debate for Christians Category is for Christian members to discuss newsworthy events that are currently taking place in the world with other Christians. All news and current events must be documented or validated with a link to a credible online news source in the original post (OP).
:wave:
tulc(hopes that explains his question) :)

• Agree
Reactions: ChicanaRose
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
every Christian person I know says I will go to hell for this movie because they say it is blasphemous!
I'm like, maybe, but it's a cool movie.

I feel there is an interesting debate here in terms of cinema and Christianity and think it would make for a thought provoking conversation for my podcast and so I am inviting any and all Christians to come onto my show and talk it out, I want to know why Christians think I am going to hell for making a silly movie. True, there are things in the film that are racy and violent and yes I guess blasphemous but I don't know really. We portray Jesus as a black samurai and I think that's cool, not blasphemous, and I think maybe my Christian friends think it is blasphemous to have the devil be a cool guy and there is a scene where the Devil and Jesus are telling yo momma jokes to one another which is just silly. At any rate, I would love to hear what other Christians think and if you are feeling up to having a recorded debate over the phone, I would love that! We can exchange information and we can set a day and record a healthy talk, I love my movie because it is cool but I guess there are parts of it that are offensive but my intentions are pure: I just want to entertain the youth! Thank you all and have a wonderful day :)

You seem to take that so lightly?
Hell ain't nothing to play around with.
Careful -- it's a very hot place.

Sometimes the advice of others
might be a message from God?

M-Bob

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.