I Love Y'HUDaH

Laureate

whatisthebaytreeknown4? What's debate reknown for?
Jan 18, 2012
The big island of hawaii 19.5 in the ring of fire
✟58,771.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
In the following passage Yehudah steps forth and assumes the responsibility of the firstborn by attempting to save and reconcile his half brother Benyamin unto Yacob, when he bows before the birthright Yowseph, and pleads to be a servant unto Yowseph in place of Yowseph's younger brother Benyamin.

Genesis 44:32-33 For your servant became surety for the lad unto my father, saying, If I bring him not unto you, then I shall bear the blame to my father for ever. Now therefore, I pray you, let your servant abide instead of the lad a bondman to my lord; and let the lad go up with his brothers.

Yehudah knew that his Father Yacob was set on making Benyamin the birthright, thus in his mind Yehudah was offering his life for the (servitude) life of the birthright, Yet what makes Judah even More honorable is, that, if Benyamin did not return unto Yacob, then Yehudah himself would have been given the birthright, thus was Yehudah's 2nd attempt to Save the (king) birthright, for when his brothers sought to slay Yowseph it was Yehudah that saw (servitude as) a way to spare Yowseph's life.

....do unto others as you would have others do unto you....

Genesis 37:26-27 And Yehudah said unto his brothers, What profit is it if we slay our brother, and conceal his blood? Come, and let us sell him to the Ishmeelites, and let not our hand be upon him; for he is our brother and our flesh. And his brothers were content.

I know selling your youngest brother into bondage does not sound like Love, yet we know that YHWH orchestrated the entire event, and Yehudah was given the solution, and later proved to be no hypocrite when he offered himself to be the servant in his brothers stead, I do not know if there is a better example of Loving one's brother mentioned in the scriptures.

Laureate

whatisthebaytreeknown4? What's debate reknown for?
Jan 18, 2012
The big island of hawaii 19.5 in the ring of fire
✟58,771.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Very profound!

Great to see you again my friend! How are things in Paradise? :)

That which is not being shakin (Whew!) is being tossed Weee!), and that which is not being tossed is being stirred (Wow!), give praise.

I am doing just fine, considering the times, tumultuous though they be....my life is surreal, I awake from one dream like (state of reality), just to enter another, we all walk around in our own little world, and then suddenly worlds collide, some for the better and some for the worst, yet we know all things turn out good for those who unfeigningly love our heavenly Father, and seek to please him.

How have you been?

• Haha
Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I've been better, some struggles and tests, but you know He will get us through, I have to trust in that , no matter what.

I know what you mean, I too sometimes feel like this world is surreal, I don't belong here, but I have to stay for the term I'm committed to. I will get rest from it one day, soon I hope! :)

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
In the following passage Yehudah steps forth and assumes the responsibility of the firstborn by attempting to save and reconcile his half brother Benyamin unto Yacob, when he bows before the birthright Yowseph, and pleads to be a servant unto Yowseph in place of Yowseph's younger brother Benyamin.

Genesis 44:32-33 For your servant became surety for the lad unto my father, saying, If I bring him not unto you, then I shall bear the blame to my father for ever. Now therefore, I pray you, let your servant abide instead of the lad a bondman to my lord; and let the lad go up with his brothers.

Yehudah knew that his Father Yacob was set on making Benyamin the birthright, thus in his mind Yehudah was offering his life for the (servitude) life of the birthright, Yet what makes Judah even More honorable is, that, if Benyamin did not return unto Yacob, then Yehudah himself would have been given the birthright, thus was Yehudah's 2nd attempt to Save the (king) birthright, for when his brothers sought to slay Yowseph it was Yehudah that saw (servitude as) a way to spare Yowseph's life.

....do unto others as you would have others do unto you....

Genesis 37:26-27 And Yehudah said unto his brothers, What profit is it if we slay our brother, and conceal his blood? Come, and let us sell him to the Ishmeelites, and let not our hand be upon him; for he is our brother and our flesh. And his brothers were content.

I know selling your youngest brother into bondage does not sound like Love, yet we know that YHWH orchestrated the entire event, and Yehudah was given the solution, and later proved to be no hypocrite when he offered himself to be the servant in his brothers stead, I do not know if there is a better example of Loving one's brother mentioned in the scriptures.
:thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing the thoughts and wishing ya the best, Bruh:)

Upvote 0

Long Beard

Judeo-Christian
Site Supporter
Dec 12, 2018
Middle Tennessee
✟44,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes… Judah did sleep with a prostitute. And he declared Tamar as more righteous than him… she took more seriously the lineage of Judah… as she gave birth to Pharez a forefather of Messiah.

Judah was receiving a measure for measure judgement… in other words God was correcting him… as he did all of the brothers as he prepared them to be the called out peoples of God.

Judah’s experience in chapter 38 is what enabled him to do the good thing Laureate refers to.

Upvote 0