louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I dont know how to truly worship him. I have the hunger but i dont know where to start. I pray very little because i dont know what to say..i always end up praying the same thing..i read my bible sometimes..i dont know i feel like i should be doing more

• Friendly
Reactions: mcarmichael

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟78,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I dont know how to truly worship him. I have the hunger but i dont know where to start. I pray very little because i dont know what to say..i always end up praying the same thing..i read my bible sometimes..i dont know i feel like i should be doing more
Do you believe in what evangelicals refer to as the baptism of the Holy Spirit?

That may help with you problem

Reactions: Jenniferdiana
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Jenniferdiana: Hi. The most genuine prayers are simply our conversations with God--in whatever language or style that you would normally use with a parent or friend. But if you feel stuck for something different, there are many, many books of daily devotions or prayers on the market and you might find some of them to be just what you need.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟430,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Thanks be to God, this is a wonderful thing to pray for! What could be better than wanting to grow deeper in praise for Him?

Here is a prayer from my own Church's tradition, the Coptic Orthodox Church, established by St. Mark (the gospel writer) in Egypt circa AD 51. It is part of what we call the "Midnight praises", and is chanted in English in this video by the monks of St. Anthony monastery in California. I pray it myself whenever I am feeling like you are feeling, or otherwise seeking guidance from God in a given situation. I hope it will help you.

Upvote 0

Jenniferdiana

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jenniferdiana: Hi. The most genuine prayers are simply our conversations with God--in whatever language or style that you would normally use with a parent or friend. But if you feel stuck for something different, there are many, many books of daily devotions or prayers on the market and you might find some of them to be just what you need.
Ok. Thanks.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟78,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Can u be more specific on what you mean?

Evangelicals believe there are two seperate biblical events.
The Holy Spirit enters your life at the point of conversion. But there is a secondary experience of the Holy Spirit available to the believer. The baptism( or filling) of the Holy Spirit, if the believer is willing to accept it.
In Acts ch8 we read people in Samaria became believers, therefore the Holy Spirit had entered their lives. But they did not receive the dynamic filling of the Spirit until a while later.
You could call it the Pentecost experience the disciples had in Acts ch2.

Many are not willing to accept Thi experience for today. But it does dramatically help with your prayer life, and relationship with God, in my view

Upvote 0

Jenniferdiana

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks be to God, this is a wonderful thing to pray for! What could be better than wanting to grow deeper in praise for Him?

Here is a prayer from my own Church's tradition, the Coptic Orthodox Church, established by St. Mark (the gospel writer) in Egypt circa AD 51. It is part of what we call the "Midnight praises", and is chanted in English in this video by the monks of St. Anthony monastery in California. I pray it myself whenever I am feeling like you are feeling, or otherwise seeking guidance from God in a given situation. I hope it will help you.

Thank you..

Upvote 0

Jenniferdiana

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Evangelicals believe there are two seperate biblical events.
The Holy Spirit enters your life at the point of conversion. But there is a secondary experience of the Holy Spirit available to the believer. The baptism( or filling) of the Holy Spirit, if the believer is willing to accept it.
In Acts ch8 we read people in Samaria became believers, therefore the Holy Spirit had entered their lives. But they did not receive the dynamic filling of the Spirit until a while later.
You could call it the Pentecost experience the disciples had in Acts ch2.

Many are not willing to accept Thi experience for today. But it does dramatically help with your prayer life, and relationship with God, in my view
Ok. I understand now..thanks

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟78,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Think of the disciples huddled away before Pentecost, they would have felt insecure too I imagine. Yet peter boldly preached on that day to the crowds.
Christians are supposed to put no confidence I the flesh( themselves)

For it is we who are the circumcision, we who worship by the Spirit of God, who glory I Christ Jesus, and who put no confidence in the flesh( ourselves)
Phil3:3

I wont mention This again. But it might be good to try and find a book that emphasises the importance of the Holy Spirit in the life of the Christian
God bless

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You’re doing more than you think… you’re reaching out, searching; you’re knocking. But, continue to pray repenting, thanking Him for His grace and mercy, asking for guidance, keep seeking His mercy and praising Him. Seek the Lord while He may be found; call upon Him while He’s near (Isaiah 55:6). The eyes of the Lord are upon the righteous, and He hears their cry (Psalm 34:15). Find a good Bible-based church to attend and may God bless you.

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟766,372.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Ah, I feel the same way, Jennifer Diana. Just keep praying and reading the Bible and asking God earnestly to reveal His will for you in your life. Expect that He hears your prayers. Take an inventory of how you've been keeping the 10 commandments and resolve to improve your efforts to keep them (something we can all improve on for the rest of our lives!) Be persistent. It's okay to feel unsure sometimes, that just means you're humbling your heart before God.

Luke 18:1-8

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Jun 14, 2009
✟14,916.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The greatest pleasure for the Greatest, is to be recognized as the Greatest, by the worship of his creation, the lesser. We worship God for who he is as a person, his character, nature and
attributes. We praise God, for the great things he does.

It is called a sacrifice of praise, because you leave your things, and go and do God's things, worshipping him. God does not exist for us, but we exist for him.

The first command in the Bible, includes to love God with all our mind, which means, we have to think about him, and be conscious of Him, as much as possible.

Song of Songs, Psalm 11:7, Colossians 3:1,2, Revelation 1:6, 4:8-11, 5:10-14, 7:11,12,
19:1-10,16, 20:6, 22:8,9, Psalm 119:164, 2 Timothy 2:20,21, Psalm 113:2, 3, Psalm 27:6,
Psalm 29:1, 2, Isaiah 6:1-4, 42:8,10,12, 43:6,7,21, 66:23, 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20, 10:31, 1
Chronicles 23:5,30, Acts 12:23, Romans 1:21, 12:1, Hebrews 1:6, 12:2, Psalm 117, Psalm
66:1-4, Psalm 111:10, Psalm 115:1, Exodus 34:8, 14:16,17, Hebrews 2:10, 13:15,21, 2 Kings
17:36, Psalm 150:2, I Chronicles 23:5, 30, II Chronicles 5:12-14, 7:3, 29:25-30

• Agree
Upvote 0

ver 2-10

Dec 13, 2016
Denmark
✟23,003.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
God helps those who help themselves, if you do nothing prayers won't help.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Do you go to church OP?
Do you sing Gods praises? This is how we christians worship and show our love for God by giving thanks for what hes done, especially how he sent Jesus to die for our sins and raised him again.
Amazing grace is one well known hymn you can sing or How Great thou art. Just lift up your voice and raise your hands and say thank you Lord. This is worship..a sacrifice of praise. Thats all He asks of us to thank him.

Upvote 0