I love animals but are we getting our priorities wrong?

seeker2122

Sep 29, 2022
Sarasota
✟38,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is a (potential) argument for increased immigration, (but I suspect you knew that).

90% of population growth on the planet by 2100 will occur from the developing world. So while most westerners might believe in the excuse that it's too hard or inconvenient to have kids now, that's the farthest thing from the truth. They are only succumbing to believing the lies of not procreating anymore. Meanwhile the developing world will continue to procreate so do the math and you can figure it out that when you are gone, who the people will be to replace you (your countries). That's why I've always appreciated the poorer people who still have families because they are still doing something right, while the rich folks think they are ahead of the game but don't realize they forfeited the game by not having any children. You're basically just keeping the bed warm for others who will inherit what you made rather than passing it on your own children.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
90% of population growth on the planet by 2100 will occur from the developing world. So while most westerners might believe in the excuse that it's too hard or inconvenient to have kids now, that's the farthest thing from the truth.

Raising a kid responsibly does cost alot of time and money.

They are only succumbing to believing the lies of not procreating anymore.

Why is it a "lie" to have different values?

Meanwhile the developing world will continue to procreate so do the math and you can figure it out that when you are gone, who the people will be to replace you (your countries).

And lack of education (especially among women) and lack of access to contraception have nothing to do with it?

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟354,335.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If there wasn't so much animal abuse, it's pitiful what people do to their furry friends. Bring on education and stricter laws to protect animals the rest of us wouldn't have to be in there supporting the poor victims. I spend up to $140 a month to feed the strays and all i get is flack from the police and neighbors that i need to let them die. I am taking away the neighbors bright to throw them out to starve to death so they can't breed. This is the mindset. They should have to get permission to have an animal so there aren't so many to suffer at the hands of these abusers. I expect i will be taken to court eventually as the police are hinting of that. Control of the animals is a must and would be a plus for people and animals

Upvote 0

seeker2122

Sep 29, 2022
Sarasota
✟38,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Raising a kid responsibly does cost alot of time and money.

That's no excuse to say you don't want kids. Everyone does it, has done it since the dawn of civilization and to think that only our generation is incapable of having children due to the "personal sacrifices" it will require is very selfish and the problem with our current generation. I think if you just didn't want kids for the reason of not wanting kids, that's fine, a personal choice. But if it's because you think it's too expensive, but you really love to have children, then that should never stop you. God gave us everything we need to have children, otherwise he wouldn't have told us to have children.
Why is it a "lie" to have different values?

To have different values other than God's values given to us from His Word, means it's a lie. Where does it say in the Bible to live lives for yourself, only for your own comfort, considering only yourself, and your own well-being? That's the kind of values that is taught today so it's a lie.

And lack of education (especially among women) and lack of access to contraception have nothing to do with it?

Hence my point why I said fertility rates in the world are dropping fast, even in the developing world (even though their rates are still much higher than the developed world). Also, have you not seen families in the developed world have 3 or more children? Really? Do you think education and contraception equates to 2 kids or less? Millions of families in the developed world can still have 3 or more children. 0.0

Upvote 0

partinobodycular

Jun 8, 2021
partinowherecular
✟88,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
To have different values other than God's values given to us from His Word, means it's a lie.

Did you get a certificate or something naming you the sole arbiter of what God values? If not, then I really don't care what you think. Nor should anybody else... Pagan, Christian, or otherwise. You do realize that your interpretation of the Bible is meaningful to just one person... you. Now if you would like to enlighten us as to your views on its contents, then by all means feel free to do so, but without that certificate don't be surprised if we simply ignore you as just another self-absorbed God wannabe.

Far be it from me however, to tell you that you're wrong, I don't have a certificate either, so how bout we just agree to disagree... and let God decide who's going to have kids and who isn't, or are His plans so easily thwarted?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,821.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Although I can't speak for everyone, I can speak for myself. I'm noticeably more relaxed and productive when I have a cat. The same was true when I was a child and had small animals like hamsters, hermit crabs, and fish. Pets have always enriched my life in numerous ways.

Some may consider pets to be a luxury or a distraction, a misplaced priority, but similar can be said for other hobbies, interests, and activities beyond work/eat/sleep/repeat. That doesn't sound like much of an existence to me. I mean, if living a life devoid of such things is what gets somebody up in the morning they're welcome to do so, but some of us find that adding a little color to our lives brings out the best in us.

It is possible to overdo it, of course. I knew a lady who loved her Yorkie dogs more than her own children, maybe to their detriment, but in my experience most pet owners aren't like that.

Reactions: BeyondET
Upvote 0

seeker2122

Sep 29, 2022
Sarasota
✟38,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Did you get a certificate or something naming you the sole arbiter of what God values? If not, then I really don't care what you think. Nor should anybody else... Pagan, Christian, or otherwise. You do realize that your interpretation of the Bible is meaningful to just one person... you. Now if you would like to enlighten us as to your views on its contents, then by all means feel free to do so, but without that certificate don't be surprised if we simply ignore you as just another self-absorbed God wannabe.

Far be it from me however, to tell you that you're wrong, I don't have a certificate either, so how bout we just agree to disagree... and let God decide who's going to have kids and who isn't, or are His plans so easily thwarted?

Your answer sounds of relativism which is dangerous. It's not ok for everyone to be right because it's up to their own interpretations.
That's the lie I'm saying. If you are not obeying God's values, then any other values is a lie. Simple and absolute.

The world is teaching us all that it's ok to just live for yourself and not have families and children because it's an inconvenience and we don't need to have them anymore. That is not what God teaches. Not saying you MUST have children ...it's not a sin to not have kids, but value that a life of comfort takes precedence over a life of obedience is a lie. My life matters most above everyone else's is a lie. But this value supports consumerism/materialism/capitalistic values.

Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you think about it, that's actually not a lot of money and very doable. The US alone spends $766 billion a year on military spending.
The US also gave 75 billion to Ukraine just recently...that's just for 1 war. So 267 billion could easily be covered by the world if they all pitched in and cut back on some of the more unnecessary things compared to hunger. Imagine if the US gave 75 billion to end world hunger. We'd be 1/3 of the way there already!
This world has been a war between good and evil for quite some. There wouldn't be no US if not for the military. Evil isn't coming to table to allow all to pitch in. Mere man aren't the only ones involved.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Your answer sounds of relativism which is dangerous. It's not ok for everyone to be right because it's up to their own interpretations.
That's the lie I'm saying. If you are not obeying God's values, then any other values is a lie. Simple and absolute.

The world is teaching us all that it's ok to just live for yourself and not have families and children because it's an inconvenience and we don't need to have them anymore. That is not what God teaches. Not saying you MUST have children ...it's not a sin to not have kids, but value that a life of comfort takes precedence over a life of obedience is a lie. My life matters most above everyone else's is a lie. But this value supports consumerism/materialism/capitalistic values.

Nowhere in the Bible does it say not having children is a sin.

It's not necessarily selfish to decide that having children isn't right for a particular individual. Calling being childfree, selfish, is incredibly ignorant and judgemental.

Upvote 0