Non-dispensationalist
✟359,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
"little horn>Antichrist>beast". That's the way to think of the person... and blanket term.

little horn - the person before Gog/Magog event

Antichrist - the person right after Gog/Magog, as the Jews perceived messiah, duration first half of the 7 years.

beast - the person right after revealing himself to be the man of sin, and not the messiah after all, duration second half of the 7 years.

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello Douggg, have you ever looked into Nero Caesar? I believe that is the beast, and anti-Christ mentioned in the revelation.

The reason is a historical one, Nero had statues placed everywhere in Rome where people would worship his statues day or night, and if anyone wanted to buy, sell, trade, to eat they would have to have a voucher that stated a pledge of serving the King Nero.

Anyone who did not have these vouchers, were out of luck, and from what history has said Nero hated Christians, and one of the most ruthless tyrants that came around on earth.

Even after Nero's death, the governing forces made it as Nero had come back to life, it is pretty crazy background on Nero.

(If wrong please let me know) Though I wonder if you ever had looked into any of the history from the past when it comes to, understanding eschatology of the Jewish people.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hello Douggg, have you ever looked into Nero Caesar? I believe that is the beast, and anti-Christ mentioned in the revelation.

The reason is a historical one, Nero had statues placed everywhere in Rome where people would worship his statues day or night, and if anyone wanted to buy, sell, trade, to eat they would have to have a voucher that stated a pledge of serving the King Nero.

Anyone who did not have these vouchers, were out of luck, and from what history has said Nero hated Christians, and one of the most ruthless tyrants that came around on earth.

Even after Nero's death, the governing forces made it as Nero had come back to life, it is pretty crazy background on Nero.

(If wrong please let me know) Though I wonder if you ever had looked into any of the history from the past when it comes to, understanding eschatology of the Jewish people.
Hi Agallagher, Nero was crazy and had an ego to match. That's for sure, just like one of his predecessors of that Julio-Claudian bloodline, Caligula.

But the person, the little horn>Antichrist>beast, is time of the end (the little horn vision in Daniel 8 stated in the text as "time of the end").

Now, if you are talking about Nero coming back, reincarnated maybe as the end times person - I don't think so. The person has to be a Jew - although in his bloodline he also will be descended from Nero's same Julio-Claudian bloodline - but that many never come out publicly. Or maybe it will, hard to say at this time.

Antichrist is not a term appropriate for Revelation, but the beast. Antichrist applies only for when the person is for a short while as the perceived messiah to the Jews, and in the position of being the King of Israel.

Think of the person in this manner - "little horn>Antichrist>beast".

We work from the infallible Ezekiel 39 - endtimes timeline framework. And build our eschatology around that. We fill the end times events and the three main functional roles of the person within that 7 years (and right before as the little horn).

First half of the 7 years - the Antichrist
Second half of the 7 years - the beast

upload_2020-12-29_10-56-36.jpeg

A video during which I go over the infallible timeline framework. The video is 21 minutes long.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Oh okay, Douggg. ( When I mentioned about Nero coming back again, there was times after nero death that rumors of him still being alive or coming back to alive was circulating.)

That is strange that the anti-christ would be a Messiah that people would look toward. Maybe the way they look would be as this is my King who I worship over all kings. Just like Jesus Christ was the King of Kings though this king of the World is very different, and people just followed suit.

I am not very educated on it, though I believe all of it is done over.

Thank you for your response, douggg.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Oh okay, Douggg. ( When I mentioned about Nero coming back again, there was times after nero death that rumors of him still being alive or coming back to alive was circulating.)

That is strange that the anti-christ would be a Messiah that people would look toward. Maybe the way they look would be as this is my King who I worship over all kings. Just like Jesus Christ was the King of Kings though this king of the World is very different, and people just followed suit.

I am not very educated on it, though I believe all of it is done over.

Thank you for your response, douggg.
As Christians, we default to thinking of Jesus as the messiah, Savior from our sins.

In Jewish thinking, "the" messiah is different. To them, the default is the promised great King of Israel
descended from king David - to lead Israel and the world into the messianic age of peace and safety...but not as Savior from their sins. They don't think they need a savior from their sins, in Judaism.

So the person, the little horn>Antichrist>beast , following Gog/Magog event, the Jews already primed for the messiah (in their way of thinking of messiah) to be coming, and the person be anointed the King of Israel. Technically, that's when the person actually become the Antichrist.

Jesus is the rightful King of Israel, coming in the name of the Lord. The Antichrist, for a short while, will be the King of Israel, but coming in his own name.

Interestingly, as a side note...

coming in his own name

then in Revelation...
the name of the beast
the number of his name
the mark of his name (in Revelation 14)

I don't know what to make of it... as I don't know what the person's name is yet, but there may be some clues there.

Reactions: mlepfitjw
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
"little horn>Antichrist>beast" is not only a blanket term for the person...

...but it is also in itself a mini-timeline.

the little horn > (becomes) the Antichrist > (becomes) the beast

In a sentence, in discussion using this new blanket term I have come up with, I think as a convention by bolding or color highlighting, I am going to try, for example(s)....

little horn>Antichrist>beast - uses craft, Kabbalah, to come to power in the EU.

little horn>Antichrist>beast - confirms the Mt. Sinai covenant for the seven years in Daniel 9:27.

little horn>Antichrist>beast - blasphemes God and those in heaven.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Berean Tim

Mar 19, 2017
Houston TX
✟146,931.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I'm not Dougg, but Nero did have statures (in Rome) not Jerusalem in the Temple. Nero never went to Judea. Didn't have "a fatal head wound that was healed" Rev 13. Nero committed suicide in 68AD, the Beast & FP are captured and thrown alive into the Lake Of Fire Rev 19. There's more.
Nero falls short for a historical fulfillment of Revelation

Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
"little horn>Antichrist>beast" is not only a blanket term for the person...

...but it is also in itself a mini-timeline.

Of course not.

the little horn > (becomes) the Antichrist > (becomes) the beast

LOL. A little horn becomes an Antichrist, then becomes the beast? Where do you find that in Scripture? Since when God said the beast is the antichrist? Show me the chapter and verse.

little horn>Antichrist>beast - uses craft, Kabbalah, to come to power in the EU.

Private Interpretation. Good example of what is called "Newspaper Eschatology."

little horn>Antichrist>beast - confirms the Mt. Sinai covenant for the seven years in Daniel 9:27.

Huh? The antichrist confirms Mr. Sinai Covenant? More private interpreation.

little horn>Antichrist>beast - blasphemes God and those in heaven.

Who? Is it a single person or all people with the spirit of antichrist, the body of Satan?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The Interpretation of the Vision

Dan 8:15 And it came to pass, when I, even I Daniel, had seen the vision, and sought for the meaning, then, behold, there stood before me as the appearance of a man.
Dan 8:16 And I heard a man's voice between the banks of Ulai, which called, and said, Gabriel, make this man to understand the vision.
Dan 8:17 So he came near where I stood: and when he came, I was afraid, and fell upon my face: but he said unto me, Understand, O son of man: for at the time of the end shall be the vision.
Dan 8:18 Now as he was speaking with me, I was in a deep sleep on my face toward the ground: but he touched me, and set me upright.
Dan 8:19 And he said, Behold, I will make thee know what shall be in the last end of the indignation: for at the time appointed the end shall be.
Dan 8:20 The ram which thou sawest having two horns are the kings of Media and Persia.
Dan 8:21 And the rough goat is the king of Grecia: and the great horn that is between his eyes is the first king.
Dan 8:22 Now that being broken, whereas four stood up for it, four kingdoms shall stand up out of the nation, but not in his power.
Dan 8:23 And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up.
Dan 8:24 And his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power: and he shall destroy wonderfully, and shall prosper, and practise, and shall destroy the mighty and the holy people.
Dan 8:25 And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.
Dan 8:26 And the vision of the evening and the morning which was told is true: wherefore shut thou up the vision; for it shall be for many days.
Dan 8:27 And I Daniel fainted, and was sick certain days; afterward I rose up, and did the king's business; and I was astonished at the vision, but none understood it.

See John 10:22, if you do not believe what the angel Gabriel said.

Bruce Gore on Antiochus Ephiphanes:
26. Antiochus Epiphanes and the Maccabees (r) - YouTube

Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Dan 8:20 The ram which thou sawest having two horns are the kings of Media and Persia.
Dan 8:21 And the rough goat is the king of Grecia: and the great horn that is between his eyes is the first king.

Antiochus Ephiphanes:

Who do the Medes and the Persians represent? You're oversimplifying something that is not to be taken lightly. That's like saying Babylon literally represents Babylon, so in Revelation 18 where it speaks of Babylon's fall, it must be talking about the downfall of the literal city of Babylon located in Iraq. Well, that may be popular with some Premillennialists and Preterists, but it's just not true. It's an oversimplification of God's prophecy that totally ignores the sound hermeneutic of "comparing scripture with scripture" and illuminating the spiritual aspect of the word. Thus, if your assumptions are wrong, all your conclusions will be wrong.

So no, sorry, God is not talking about Antiochus Epiphanes, Rome, Iraq, or Iran here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums