Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
More intellectual dishonesty. You said God does not use deceit. God says he deceives. I believe him, not you.
We will let God judge between us. I do not judge you. The context of the discussion is to lying not deceit and that was how I responded.

Upvote 0

Greg Cheney

Jun 27, 2022
Alaska
✟16,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I see you have no scripture to support your teaching that it is now ok to lie while thinking that a record of someone lying is an approval for sin. That is not biblical.

Another deception involves a time when God had punished Israel for its rebellion by using Canaan to oppress it. Under Judge Deborah, Israel attempted to rout the Canaanites, whose army was led by Sisera. Sisera fled and hid in the tent of Jael the wife of Heber. She promised to protect him and she hid him in her tent. Rather than protect him she drove a tent peg through his temples. The entire army was defeated and Jael is praised in Judges 5:24 – “Blessed above women shall Jael the wife of Heber the Kenite be, blessed shall she be above women in the tent.

• Useful
Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Another deception involves a time when God had punished Israel for its rebellion by using Canaan to oppress it. Under Judge Deborah, Israel attempted to rout the Canaanites, whose army was led by Sisera. Sisera fled and hid in the tent of Jael the wife of Heber. She promised to protect him and she hid him in her tent. Rather than protect him she drove a tent peg through his temples. The entire army was defeated and Jael is praised in Judges 5:24 – “Blessed above women shall Jael the wife of Heber the Kenite be, blessed shall she be above women in the tent.
And the lie is where?

Upvote 0

Greg Cheney

Jun 27, 2022
Alaska
✟16,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your applying interpretations to those passages that are not supported in the scripture in order to justify sin which is also not supported in the scriptures.

I gave a straightforward explanation of a scripture; no interpretation necessary. It is not justifying sin. Once again, I suggest you learn what lying is referring to.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I gave a straightforward explanation of a scripture; no interpretation necessary. It is not justifying sin. Once again, I suggest you learn what lying is referring to.
Sorry I respectfully disagree. You applied an interpretation to the scripture that are not supported in the scriptures you provided. I suggest if your seeking to justify lying you need to provide scripture that says it is now ok to lie and not a record of someone lying which is not an endorsement of telling lies and committing sin.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
She offered protection and then did the opposite. Its plain for someone without blinders on.
Sorry I disagree. She offered protection from the army not herself. Once again there was no lie.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
There was clearly a falsehood.
There was no lie like you are saying. Did she seek to deceive and kill him. Of course. We should not seek to try and justify lying of any other sin. There is no excuse for sin according to the scriptures. Even a record of someone committing sin in scripture is not a justification to go and commit sin.

Upvote 0

Greg Cheney

Jun 27, 2022
Alaska
✟16,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry I disagree. She offered protection from the army not herself. Once again there was no lie.

I stand by my claims, but I like your spirit. I think it is good for people to see what lying is and what it is not, what bearing false witness is, and the purpose of deceit. I agree; sin is never justified. I claim that telling a falsehood is not necessarily the same as lying. I wish you the best.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Greg Cheney

Jun 27, 2022
Alaska
✟16,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There was no lie like you are saying. Did she seek to deceive and kill him. Of course. We should not seek to try and justify lying of any other sin. There is no excuse for sin according to the scriptures. Even a record of someone committing sin in scripture is not a justification to go and commit sin.

See post 170.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I stand by my claims, but I like your spirit. I think it is good for people to see what lying is and what it is not, what bearing false witness is, and the purpose of deceit. I agree; sin is never justified. I claim that telling a falsehood is not necessarily the same as lying. I wish you the best.
Yes I like to have a friendly chat, thanks for this. We will have to agree to disagree though. I do not believe there is any justification for sin. Thanks for the discussion. I hope only the best for you as well.

Take Care. :wave:

Upvote 0

Greg Cheney

Jun 27, 2022
Alaska
✟16,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes I like to have a friendly chat, thanks for this. We will have to agree to disagree though. I do not believe there is any justification for sin. Thanks for the discussion. I hope only the best for you as well.

Take Care.

I agree there is no justification for sin. But I do not think that all falsehoods are sin. May the Lord bless you and correct us both in our lives where we need it.

• Friendly
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(Hopefully continuing in the spirit of a friendly chat)
Deceiving is also a sin, is it not?

Upvote 0