✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Does God use deceit?
I see so your view is that God is a lair now. I suggest you read Romans 3:4. God does not use deceit. People do and God calls it sin and says no liars will enter into His Kingdom in Revelation 21:7-8

Upvote 0

Greg Cheney

Jun 27, 2022
Alaska
✟16,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God does not write his laws in our heart so that we are now free to beak Gods' law. God writes His laws in our heart so that we can obey them according to the scriptures. *Jeremiah 31:31-34; Ezekiel 36:24-27

That's not the argument. You said Rahab would not be held accountable because she didn't know.

Upvote 0

Greg Cheney

Jun 27, 2022
Alaska
✟16,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I see so your view is that God is a lair now. I suggest you read Romans 3:4. God does not use deceit. People do and God calls it sin.

And if the prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the Lord have deceived that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand upon him, and will destroy him from the midst of my people Israel.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
That's not the argument. You said Rahab would not be held accountable because she didn't know.
Nope God said was are not held accountable for sin until we know it is sin *see James 4:17; Acts of the Apostles 17:30-31; comp. Hebrews 10:26-31. Rahab was a gentile harlot that did not know God and had no knowledge of His Word

Upvote 0

Greg Cheney

Jun 27, 2022
Alaska
✟16,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I see so your view is that God is a lair now. I suggest you read Romans 3:4. God does not use deceit. People do and God calls it sin and says no liars will enter into His Kingdom in Revelation 21:7-8

And if the prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the Lord have deceived that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand upon him, and will destroy him from the midst of my people Israel. (Ezekiel 14:9)

Nope God said was are not held accountable for sin until we know it is sin *see James 4:17; Acts of the Apostles 17:30-31; comp. Hebrews 10:26-31. Rahab was a gentile harlot that did not know God and had no knowledge of His Word

A person does not have to know his Word to be accountable. He has written his moral law on our hearts so that our conscience approves of what is right and disapproves of what is wrong. People, however, ignore that and serve their own flesh.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
And if the prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the Lord have deceived that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand upon him, and will destroy him from the midst of my people Israel.
Context is to those who depart God's Word and do not believe and disobey what God's Word says. The scripture matches the other scriptures already shared with you in regards to King Saul and the lying Spirit because he did not believe and follow Gods' Word and those who do not receive the love of the truth that they might be saved instead loving lies more than Gods' Word being left to believe strong delusions.

Ezekiel 14:6-11
[6], Therefore say to the house of Israel, Thus said the Lord GOD; Repent, and turn yourselves from your idols; and turn away your faces from all your abominations.
[7], For every one of the house of Israel, or of the stranger that sojournes in Israel, which separates himself from me, and sets up his idols in his heart, and puts the stumbling block of his iniquity before his face, and comes to a prophet to inquire of him concerning me; I the LORD will answer him by myself:
[8], And I will set my face against that man, and will make him a sign and a proverb, and I will cut him off from the middle of my people; and you shall know that I am the LORD.
[9], And if the prophet be deceived when he has spoken a thing, I the LORD have deceived that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand on him, and will destroy him from the middle of my people Israel.
[10], And they shall bear the punishment of their iniquity: the punishment of the prophet shall be even as the punishment of him that seeks to him;
[11], That the house of Israel may go no more astray from me, neither be polluted any more with all their transgressions; but that they may be my people, and I may be their God, said the Lord GOD.

God does not sin and neither should we. There is no excuse to seek to justify sin and call God a liar. The scriptures do not teach what you are teaching.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
And if the prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the Lord have deceived that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand upon him, and will destroy him from the midst of my people Israel. (Ezekiel 14:9)
A person does not have to know his Word to be accountable. He has written his moral law on our hearts so that our conscience approves of what is right and disapproves of what is wrong. People, however, ignore that and serve their own flesh.
See post 146

Upvote 0

Greg Cheney

Jun 27, 2022
Alaska
✟16,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not really. Scripture please? You can protect people from harm without lying and committing sin.

A day came when King Zedekiah instructed Jeremiah to deceive some officials regarding the content of a conversation so that Jeremiah "(would) not die" (Jeremiah 38:24). Jeremiah blatantly deceived these men. He affirmed a claim that he knew was contrary to the facts and he spared his life. The Lord did not rebuke Jeremiah, instead, the Lord immediately protected Jeremiah and used him again.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
A day came when King Zedekiah instructed Jeremiah to deceive some officials regarding the content of a conversation so that Jeremiah "(would) not die" (Jeremiah 38:24). Jeremiah blatantly deceived these men. He affirmed a claim that he knew was contrary to the facts and he spared his life. The Lord did not rebuke Jeremiah, instead, the Lord immediately protected Jeremiah and used him again.
As posted earlier a record of someone sinning is not God telling you it is now alright to commit sin. Jeremiah did not lie. That is you trying to justify sin.

Upvote 0

Greg Cheney

Jun 27, 2022
Alaska
✟16,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Context is to those who depart God's Word and do not believe and disobey what God's Word says. The scripture matches the other scriptures already shared with you in regards to King Saul and the lying Spirit because he did not believe and follow Gods' Word and those who do not receive the love of the truth that they might be saved instead loving lies more than Gods' Word being left to believe strong delusions.

Ezekiel 14:6-11
[6], Therefore say to the house of Israel, Thus said the Lord GOD; Repent, and turn yourselves from your idols; and turn away your faces from all your abominations.
[7], For every one of the house of Israel, or of the stranger that sojournes in Israel, which separates himself from me, and sets up his idols in his heart, and puts the stumbling block of his iniquity before his face, and comes to a prophet to inquire of him concerning me; I the LORD will answer him by myself:
[8], And I will set my face against that man, and will make him a sign and a proverb, and I will cut him off from the middle of my people; and you shall know that I am the LORD.
[9], And if the prophet be deceived when he has spoken a thing, I the LORD have deceived that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand on him, and will destroy him from the middle of my people Israel.
[10], And they shall bear the punishment of their iniquity: the punishment of the prophet shall be even as the punishment of him that seeks to him;
[11], That the house of Israel may go no more astray from me, neither be polluted any more with all their transgressions; but that they may be my people, and I may be their God, said the Lord GOD.

God does not sin and neither should we. There is no excuse to seek to justify sin and call God a liar. The scriptures do not teach what you are teaching.

I agree that God does not sin. But you said God does not use deceit. God himself said he deceives. I believe him, not you. I suggest you learn what the 9th commandment is referring to, what lying actually is, and stop denying the plain explanation of scripture.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I agree that God does not sin. But you said God does not use deceit. God himself said he deceives. I believe him, not you. I suggest you learn what the 9th commandment is referring to, what lying actually is, and stop denying the plain explanation of scripture.
God does not use deceit with intent to lie. God leaves people to believe and follow lies because they do not believe and follow His Word

Upvote 0

Greg Cheney

Jun 27, 2022
Alaska
✟16,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As posted earlier a record of someone sinning is not God telling you it is now alright to commit sin. Jeremiah did not lie. That is you trying to justify sin.

He intentionally deceived. I believe God, not you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Greg Cheney

Jun 27, 2022
Alaska
✟16,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Elisha deceived the army of Syria who was looking for him. God blinded the army at Elisha's request, and then they asked Elisha to lead them to Elisha in Dothan. Elisha said "And Elisha said unto them, This is not the way, neither is this the city: follow me, and I will bring you to the man whom ye seek. But he led them to Samaria." (II Kings 6:19). He deceived them concerning his identity and led the army right into the hands of the king of Israel.

• Useful
Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Elisha deceived the army of Syria who was looking for him. God blinded the army at Elisha's request, and then they asked Elisha to lead them to Elisha in Dothan. Elisha said "And Elisha said unto them, This is not the way, neither is this the city: follow me, and I will bring you to the man whom ye seek. But he led them to Samaria." (II Kings 6:19). He deceived them concerning his identity and led the army right into the hands of the king of Israel.

Benson Commentary
2 Kings 6:19. Elisha said, This is not the way, &c. — Elisha does not speak this in answer to an inquiry made by the Syrians respecting the way to Dothan; if he had, his words would have contained a falsehood, from which they are clear, because he does not say, This is not the way to Dothan — This is not the city of Dothan: but he uses a feint or stratagem, (which has always been allowed in war,) and that against enemies who sought his life, from whom he was delivered only by a miracle, and whom, nevertheless, he afterward treated very humanely and kindly. Indeed, his expressions are ambiguous; but in that ambiguity he intended their benefit; and the very wonderful manner in which, unknown to themselves, he brought them into Samaria, and the generosity with which he treated them there, were sufficient to have given them high ideas of the God of Israel, whose prophet he was, and thereby to have brought them to the worship of the true God, which might have proved an infinite and everlasting blessing to them. I will bring you to the man whom you seek — And so he did, though not in such a manner as they expected and desired.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I don't have to prove what the passage says; you can read it for yourself.
Your applying interpretations to those passages that are not supported in the scripture in order to justify the sin of lying which is also not supported in the scriptures.

Last edited:
Upvote 0