observant petal
Jan 3, 2007
✟16,330.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi all!:wave:
I feel like crying I am that embarassed. See here is what happened. In 7 + years I have not had a crush on a guy locally nor have I been in a relationship since then...cause I am an avoidant. Anyway, there was this pharmacist (where I get my anxiety and sleepy meds) that I thought was really cute. He was sweet and kind and had this real innocent look to him. Anyway, I have been stewing over my feelings for this man (whom is younger than I). I finally said that is it I am gonna take the "bull by the horn" and begged my best friend to call the pharmacy and talk to the pharmacy technicain. Here is how the conversation went:
"hi there ....", said my roommate
"hey how is it going" replyed the technicain.
"well I know that this is gonna sound odd, but you know my roommate whom comes to the pharmacy with me right?..."
"yeah", she replied
"well my roommate has this crush on the pharmacist 'john'...."
The pharmacy tech chucked and said..."ummmmmm, he is gonna be MAD cause he is gonna get married next year...."
my roommate who was perplexed by this replied "mad...ummmm she just thinks that he is cute, I never heard that responce before.... anyway please dont tell 'john' this then...."
"Okay, I wont dont worry..."
That was the end of that conversation.... As an avoidant I am switching pharamacies.... No way I am not gonna go back there for a VERY long while..... I am not even gonna go shopping there UNLESS the pharmacy is closed... I DONT want to see this guy.... MAN I dont want him mad at me for thinking he is attractive...and what must the staff think...WOW folks I tell ya this is WHY I AM SINGLE!!!!!!!!!!! I am never ever gonna allow myself to have a crush on someone "local"........NO WAY!:sigh:

Thanks for listening!

Braticus

Mrs. Marbzz
Nov 30, 2006
Canada
✟13,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Thank you so much dear sister!!!! God bless ya!:hug:
Any time Sweetie, and like Randomguy said, he should be really flattered by that anyways! If he isn't, I think that he shuold have his head examined. I wonder it the tech was the chick he is marrying! It was a pretty defensive thing for a by-stander to say!

Upvote 0

justaGUYnamedROB

If anything could ever be this good again...
Jun 8, 2007
✟10,629.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Braticus said:
I wonder it the tech was the chick he is marrying! It was a pretty defensive thing for a by-stander to say!

Agreed. And I even have to wonder if the tone of her response is indicative of if she was really telling the truth. I mean, if she has a thing for the pharmacist too, she could very well have just been protecting her "territory."

Either way, I second Randomguy's response. I wouldn't lose a moment's sleep worrying about it.

Upvote 0

Teufelhund

Senior Veteran
Jul 29, 2007
Camp Pendleton, Ca
✟18,575.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I don't know about you guys, but whenever somebody tells me I'm attractive it always drives me into a fury. It's just that response seems very off to me. Maybe he's noticed you were attracted to him, and maybe he felt uncomfortable about the whole thing. With the situation being that he's engaged, he probably didn't how to respond. So I wouldn't at all embarrassed and I don't think it's at all humiliating.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AlohaAquamarine

Aug 5, 2007
Sydney
✟15,498.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
You don't know why she said he was going to be mad, that's a weird reaction and more than likely absolutly nothing to do with you. He might be mad because he gets told he's cute all the time or that he doesn't need the temptation of another possibility now that he's getting married, or he might be mad because his fiance might find out...there are a million possibilities !

Like I said in another post, enjoy the crush, don't avoid going there or you'll kick yourself later for not being brave. He should be flattered, I would be if someone thought I was cute, even if I wasn't interested I would still be flattered.

Do not, I repeat do not be too hard on yourself on this - it's just another one of those things you needed to face and deal with to grow ! God's just got his pruning shears out again is all !

Upvote 0

Annova

Veteran
Jan 9, 2007
✟9,085.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Oh this really isn't that big of a deal. At least you didn't tell him to his face.

I'd have a handful of people tell me they liked me. It's flattering sure but it's not something I'll sit around and bug someone that told me they were about.
Try telling someone to their face with someone else around. That's worse then the phone.

Or actaully what's worse (happend to me) was having your good friend tell one of your guy friends who you had a crush on for like 2 years that you like him in front of people. Then for him to look at you and see your reaction.

I could have slapped her for that one.

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟125,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
smiling heart, lots of good encouragement here, I'll be praying for you. It probably doesn't help but I get emberessed easily for the littlest things, God bless you and your sleep tonight, Sampa
Ps. if you read this before going to bed, listen to some good praise music, maybe a song or two. or a chapter of psalms, one of the praising ones.

Upvote 0

Luther073082

κύριε ἐλέησον χριστὲ ἐλέησον
Apr 1, 2007
New Carlisle, IN
✟31,326.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
RELAX!!! Unless you looked really scary I as a guy would be flattered if someone told me that they think I'm cute and wanted to go out with me. Even though I'm not single it still is nice to hear.

(When I was single I would have asked you out)

Personally I discourage using a friend as a mediator to tell someone like this. I don't know always just sort of seemed. . . cowardly.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Billy2007

Aug 15, 2007
Hull, United Kingdom
✟15,147.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh this really isn't that big of a deal. At least you didn't tell him to his face.

I'd have a handful of people tell me they liked me. It's flattering sure but it's not something I'll sit around and bug someone that told me they were about.
Try telling someone to their face with someone else around. That's worse then the phone.

Or actaully what's worse (happend to me) was having your good friend tell one of your guy friends who you had a crush on for like 2 years that you like him in front of people. Then for him to look at you and see your reaction.

I could have slapped her for that one.

LOLOL i hear ya!!

Upvote 0