Visit site
✟38,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was raised Catholic, but have become more and more "disillusioned", as one might put it, over time. I can't see any good evidence or proof of the existence or nature of God, which is to say, does God exist? And what is God like? I don't see how either question could be answered.

I'd like to believe. I used to, once. It was nice. But all I've read to support theism are circular arguments and fallacies. Is there a way to logically deduce the existence or nature of God, or is it just a matter of pure "faith" or "belief" (i.e., a statement with no proof or falsifiability)?

It is the impact of God upon human beings, which produces what you are looking for: it is acts of God, not impact of a human being upon his/her self. Many I have met, and myself, recognized the fallacies of the circular logic, but were impacted by a great many acts of God over time, and eventually were made to believe. You have many praying for you now, your interest is clear; I am confident that He will act in time. The very motivation you have for posting here, though you may think you know it otherwise, is evidence of His drawing of you towards Him.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I was raised Catholic, but have become more and more "disillusioned", as one might put it, over time. I can't see any good evidence or proof of the existence or nature of God, which is to say, does God exist? And what is God like? I don't see how either question could be answered.

I'd like to believe. I used to, once. It was nice. But all I've read to support theism are circular arguments and fallacies. Is there a way to logically deduce the existence or nature of God, or is it just a matter of pure "faith" or "belief" (i.e., a statement with no proof or falsifiability)?
Have you read the Bible YOUR SELF? Or are you saying that you do not read the Bible, and let other people explain to you who and what God is?

The ONLY way to understand the true nature of God is to read the Bible. Period.

Second hand information is most unreliable.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is there a way to logically deduce the existence or nature of God, or is it just a matter of pure "faith" or "belief" (i.e., a statement with no proof or falsifiability)?

Read "Answered Prayer" below.

Upvote 0