✟380,559.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
purposeinlife said:
how did jesus heal somebody when he wasn't there? did he send the holy spirit to heal the boy or something?

You could say that. Since Jesus is God, and God is everywhere and all powerful, doing that sort of thing is a piece of cake for Him.

BTW, welcome to the family.

Upvote 0

cat has felt the light!

Mar 4, 2004
Suffolk, England
✟15,778.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
yes I saw the first film and wasn't very impressed at all, really BORING!!! :yawn: but the first 3 books rocked! I never could get into the latest one, it was soooo boring to. Anyway sorry about the misunderstanding, I hope you don't hate me I've just heard lots of christians claiming that Harry Potter encourages teenagers to become wiccan and it makes me mad especially when they haven't bothered to check for themselves :mad: . I saw the Lord Of the Rings films and well the second one was annoying because there was this guy in the row behind me telling his daughter everything that was about to happen! I was like......aaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :eek:
anyways,
have a nice day,
C@ xx :cool:

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,559.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
cat has felt the light! said:
Ned Flanders has been used at some christian festivals etc so by all means watch it to learn about life and the Lord.

Over here, he's one of the biggest nerds you could ask for. I'm glad you English like him better.

Upvote 0

cat has felt the light!

Mar 4, 2004
Suffolk, England
✟15,778.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
twistedsketch said:
Over here, he's one of the biggest nerds you could ask for. I'm glad you English like him better.

well, yes but we like him for his nerdyness and enthusiasm for the Lord. I know that sometimes I wish I could be so trustworthy and faithful to God. The simpsons has alot to offer it makes me laugh alot with its diverse, but not stupid mix of characters!
C@ xx

Upvote 0

Mr. Good Faith

Jun 30, 2004
San Diego
✟174.00
Faith
Catholic
purposeinlife said:
since i just became a christian, do i have to go to church? i am up at college so i don't have to go to church. if so, what kind of church should i go to? should i go to one that has modern music or old music? there are many churches here in my college town, should i go to a baptist, episcapalian, catholic, lutheran, presbyteran, or just a church that doesn't say what kind of church it is? do i have to dress up? do i have to know everything about the bible?
Praise God, :clap: all the angels :angel: are rejoicing...

It is very important which church you decide to attend and become part of. I suggest you do a lot of reading (online is ok) to understand the basis of many of the denominations and their doctrinal stand (or non-stance) on issues and also their origin. I am Catholic and spent 15 years in a non-denominational church. I am bery happy that I came back to Catholicism. For more on the Catholic faith your could try www.scripturecatholic.com Also, if you are not offended by my request, the Catholic church would love to have you. If you go to a service just to check it out (they are called Mass), be aware that the devotion to our Lord is expressed in a very reverent way, you won't for intance find any big rock bands, or big screen TVs projecting the minister face, the focus is entirely on Jesus.:priest: There are many flavours of attitudes catholic churches, some are very traditional, some are dogmatic, some are evangelical, some are veyr Spirit filled with great worship. Try a few. ask the priest for recommendations for one that suits your personal needs.

In His Love
Mr. G

Upvote 0

Mr. Good Faith

Jun 30, 2004
San Diego
✟174.00
Faith
Catholic
purposeinlife said:
i guess i do have another question... am i still a christian if i sinned? i feel horrible that i do sin but i just can't stop from sinning, if you know what i mean...
We need forgiveness for all our sins. The Catholic church has the Sacrement of Reconciliation (confession) to wash us and make us clean. Other denonmination say you can ask forgiveness directly to God. I can't remember seeing this anywhere in the Bible. In the old testament, the flock had to go to the priests to offer up real sacrifices for the remission of sins. Jesus gave his apostles the power to forgive sins John 21:20-22. Only the Catholic church has taught this consistently since the begininng.

Upvote 0

fadyonline

Living to serve Jesus
Jul 10, 2003
Almost Heaven
Visit site
✟7,821.00
Faith
Christian
purposeinlife said:
i just prayed the prayer of salvation from this board (look at my other thread on "Questions about Christianity")! i feel so much different than before! i have a hope to want to live and to be different! i am going to read my bible from beginning until end by tomorrow!
I am so happy for you as well, good decision.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
W

WashedClean

purposeinlife said:
i guess i do have another question... am i still a christian if i sinned? i feel horrible that i do sin but i just can't stop from sinning, if you know what i mean...
Hi Purpose, :wave:

The reason you feel horrible after you sin is because the Holy Spirit is drawing you back to Christ for forgiveness. When we sin, our fellowship is broken with God. Notice I said "fellowship". We are still saved and God never stops loving us. But when we sin, we are rebelling against Him and that breaks our relationship until we turn back to him for forgiveness again. Think about your relationship with your parents. When you have an argument or you disobey them, the relationship is strained until you reconcile. It's the same thing with God. Here are some scriptures that may help you:

Romans 7:15-30:
15I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[1] For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. 20Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

21So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22For in my inner being I delight in God's law; 23but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. 24What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? 25Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!
So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.

1 John 1:8-10

8If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 10If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives.

God Bless you and Welcome to the Christian Family!

WashedClean

Upvote 0

cat has felt the light!

Mar 4, 2004
Suffolk, England
✟15,778.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
sinning, is something we all do now it doesn't make it alright but you should tell God that you know that what you have done is wrong and ask for his forgiveness, after all knowing what is wrong and admitting when we have done wrong is part of being a christian.
keep on praying,
C@ xx

Upvote 0

The Midge

Towel Bearer
Jun 25, 2003
UK
Visit site
✟11,951.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
purposeinlife said:
In short yes: God is bigger than your worst sin.

BTW How are you doing? Drop us a line if you can spare a moment.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cat has felt the light!

Mar 4, 2004
Suffolk, England
✟15,778.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
do try not to panick, it can be hard to see everything you do as wrong in the eyes of God but it can be hard to get into the routine of good. Try not to worry about your parents at this stage, they still love you but you need to show them the good that the Lord can do for you and the even better person he can make you!
all the best and hang on in there,
C@ xx

Upvote 0

The Midge

Towel Bearer
Jun 25, 2003
UK
Visit site
✟11,951.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
purposeinlife said:
i haven't been doing good. i just keep sinning and not really caring about it. i don't even know if i am a christian. my parents get mad because i want to learn about god. how am i a christian if i still do wrong?
Because God is not done with you yet!

tool10.gif

Upvote 0

Goat Girl

Jun 21, 2004
Kansas
✟225.00
Faith
Christian
purposeinlife said:
OK, i have my first few questions. why did god rest on the 7th day? did he get tired? also, as a new christian, can i watch the simpsons and king of the hill, or are those things christians shouldn't be watching?
Hi! I'm so happy for you! No, God didn't get tired. See, He rested on the 7th day as an example for us. He set it aside from all the other days as holy. He wanted us to keep that day. He wanted us to rest and be with Him on that day. He knew that would be best for us. =) It's an example thing.
I personally don't watch those shows. As we behold, we shall become. That's meaning what we watch will effect what we do and think. And I don't need to act and think about some of that stuff! =)
I hope that maybe I helped a little. God bless you in your search for truth. PM me anytime.
Best Wishes,
gg

Upvote 0

Goat Girl

Jun 21, 2004
Kansas
✟225.00
Faith
Christian
Bonhoffer said:
Watching the Simpsons is fine. In fact the Archbishop of Canterbury (in England) is known to be a huge fan and is reported to be appearing in a future episode.

In fact I'd personally advise Christians to watch the Simpsons as there are a lot of Christian parables in many of the episodes. i.e Should Homer cheat on Marge?

And Ned Flander has a big following amongst UK Christians. I've even seen Christians use Simpson tracts to spread the Gospel.

Whatever you do, DO NOT watch Harry Potter!!
I very much disagree about your whole post. In the past I have watched the Simpsons, and it is not something good! My goodness! Oh yeah, Christians sure will learn something from it! Something bad! Homer makes fun of Ned Flanders, Flanders makes Christians look fony, The Simpsons fall aseep in church, and it is not respectful to Christians or Christ. I have no clue why a Christian would support it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.