Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You know Tyler, there was a time I used to follow the bible and believed what it was telling me about the world and the universe. But I had thoughts, and they really stuffed up the faith thing :)

Can you tell what happened

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Do you want this world to end? I do.

I have called on all of man's God's, that even if one of them is real it will destroy the inhabitants of the earth. I have called telepathically for any alien race out there to come here and annihilate all human beings from space. I have asked mother nature to rise up against these inhabitants who oppress her.

And take me along with the coming destruction.

Just in case.

The other gods don't have the power to control this matter plane of existence; they barely have the wherewithal to maintain balance/equilibrium - this is why philosophy of science considers "balance" the ultimate goal of a system (particularly, stable equilibrium).

Those same gods you are calling to are trying to work their "magic" to fix the universe themselves - in their images. I think you assume this plane of existence is run by benevolence, when in reality several cultures have told us that this plane of existence is being ruled over by a false god/ignorant god, and its powers/principalities/"angels", etc.

Your prayers to them are futility, because there is One that is Higher than this entire "matter and energy" plane of existence - and is in control of everything. We don't hear about this Entity - not even in the world religions - because the point is to focus the energy to that false god, and make everyone think it is the real one.

The questions, confusion and wonder people have about the gods from world religions are just common sense: there are a bunch of entities that don't care about humanity except to exploit them, and they want to do everything they can to keep us as cattle/reservoirs for themselves and our attention away from the Most High.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
How is a blessed potato any different from a non blessed potato? If I bless my roast potato on my dinner plate, will it become any healthier for me when I consume it?

No, but it might be a nice opportunity to be grateful that you have a potato to eat, when other people don't.

-CryptoLutheran

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0
Sep 18, 2016
United States
✟20,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
The apocalypse has been delayed or possibly will never come because Hitler was supposed to win the war, eventually causing the apocalypse to trigger, he was the anti-christ.

However the purpose of it was to rid the world of everyone who hasn't entered heaven before death via ascension (Like Jesus and Elijah in the bible). Effectively handing full physical control of earth to God.

Upvote 0