United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hey that is a sad passing.
Witchita Lineman is just a classic song and nobody did it better than him. He was part of my childhood.
Yes, and I read that some time after his 4th marriage he became a devoted Christian, so I trust he is now in Heaven. What a likable guy he was. I have enjoyed seeing his TV shows, and hearing him sing for decades. "It's Only Make Believe", originally by Conway Twitty, is my favorite song by Glen. I trust people will continue to enjoy the music he left behind, for many years to come.
Here is the link I often like to go to hear IOMB
You don't see it in this video, but Glen was also one of the greatest guitarist that ever lived.

Reactions: Godlovesmetwo
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Wonderful recording. He will be missed I am sure.

Yes, and I read that some time after his 4th marriage he became a devoted Christian, so I trust he is now in Heaven. What a likable guy he was. I have enjoyed seeing his TV shows, and hearing him sing for decades. "It's Only Make Believe", originally by Conway Twitty, is my favorite song by Glen. I trust people will continue to enjoy the music he left behind, for many years to come.
You don't see it in this video, but Glen was also one of the greatest guitarist that ever lived.

• Agree
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, he was a great guitarist. I remember him playing with Roy Clark, definitely one of the very best.

or if you prefer

• Winner
Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, he was a great guitarist. I remember him playing with Roy Clark, definitely one of the very best.

or if you prefer

I just watched the Roy Clark and Glen "Riders in the Sky" the other day. Glen might be gone, but these video are still here for us.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hey that is a sad passing.
Witchita Lineman is just a classic song and nobody did it better than him. He was part of my childhood.

Yep. Sad. But there's nothing like this song to pick me up....! ;)

Reactions: Godlovesmetwo
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Last edited:
Upvote 0

CoolDude68

Site Supporter
May 29, 2013
Budapest
✟127,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
gettyimages-161768402-2-2593c820-dfc3-4c2d-9ff2-bbb98ee9551f.jpg

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others

or if you prefer

I play guitar too. My fingers feel arthritic just watching that! :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He toured with the Beach Boys when Brian Wilson got too ill to travel.

There is a whole chapter in the back of the book "Take Hold" by Ariel Berkowitz, telling how he came to become a Messianic believer. During the time my wife was on staff with the Tikkun America office, she processed several LARGE contributions from him. (totaling in the million $$ range)

Reactions: Greg Merrill
Upvote 0

WannaWitness

Shining God's Light for a Lost World.
Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
The late Glen Campbell is a legend, for sure. He was responsible for many timeless classics, such as Rhinestone Cowboy (which someone beat me in posting) and numerous others.

Someone not too long ago posted the following underrated Glen Campbell recording (I don't know... maybe around three or four years ago). Until that time, I never even knew he covered that, as the version I always remembered hearing was the Cristy Lane's rendition. But Glen's is definitely worth a listen.

Upvote 0