I have come here mainly seeking knowledge.

Mannabar

Stranger Among You
Sep 29, 2022
Someplace West of Hinnom
✟19,959.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Private
To say I've come here only seeking knowledge would be inaccurate, I think, but...yeah. Expect everything from "Do spirits experience time?" to "What would you do with a chocolate Jesus?" I'll try to be courteous.

Well, this is awkward. Sorry, but I'm not good at posting personal things, I suppose.

Reactions: St_Worm2

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,930,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hello @Mannabar, WELCOME TO CF :wave: I'm glad that you found us and have joined in the discussions with us :oldthumbsup:

We Christians will try to do the best we can to answer the questions that you have for us, and I know that we will appreciate you being courteous :) (hopefully, we will always be the same way towards you .. you can certainly call us on it if we are not ;)). I think most of us far prefer civil discussions to heated debates, just FYI.

Thank you for telling us a little bit about yourself in your Intro too :oldthumbsup::oldthumbsup:

--David
p.s. - I have two questions for you (if you don't mind) that concern your OP questions, 1. are the "spirit(s)" that you refer to Divine (IOW, the Creator Himself .. e.g. John 4:24), or are they part of the heavenly host of angels instead, and therefore created beings (like us, in that regard)? 2. What is a "chocolate Jesus"?

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello & welcome.
Expect everything from "Do spirits experience time?" to "What would you do with a chocolate Jesus?"
When the Bible is not explicit on a matter, we can only offer our personal experiences or our best guesses. Those are usually not canon and we, ourselves, are all works-in-progress, not necessarily being developed in the same sequence as each other.

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
To say I've come here only seeking knowledge would be inaccurate, I think, but...yeah. Expect everything from "Do spirits experience time?" to "What would you do with a chocolate Jesus?" I'll try to be courteous.

Well, this is awkward. Sorry, but I'm not good at posting personal things, I suppose.
Welcome to CF.

What is the one thing you wish to truly know?

Upvote 0

Mannabar

Stranger Among You
Sep 29, 2022
Someplace West of Hinnom
✟19,959.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Private
I have two questions for you (if you don't mind) that concern your OP questions, 1. are the "spirit(s)" that you refer to Divine (IOW, the Creator Himself .. e.g. John 4:24), or are they part of the heavenly host of angels instead, and therefore created beings (like us, in that regard)? 2. What is a "chocolate Jesus"?
1. Spirits in general. A better question may be whether time, being a property of the physical universe, passes in the spirit realm as well as the physical. The question deserves its own thread in the appropriate forum, but I don't yet know how much it's already been discussed.
2. A figure of Jesus made of chocolate. This is, of course, a much less serious question for a light discussion forum.

But feel free to share your thoughts on both right here, if the forum rules allow.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
1. Spirits in general. A better question may be whether time, being a property of the physical universe, passes in the spirit realm as well as the physical. The question deserves its own thread in the appropriate forum, but I don't yet know how much it's already been discussed.
2. A figure of Jesus made of chocolate. This is, of course, a much less serious question for a light discussion forum.

But feel free to share your thoughts on both right here, if the forum rules allow.
Where are you going to place these (and other) questions?

Upvote 0

Mannabar

Stranger Among You
Sep 29, 2022
Someplace West of Hinnom
✟19,959.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Private
What is the one thing you wish to truly know?
Just one thing? I don't think I could narrow it all down to one. The biggest thing, I addressed in my first thread, but I suppose that isn't the sort of knowledge one seeks by gathering others' perspectives on Web fora.

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Just one thing? I don't think I could narrow it all down to one. The biggest thing, I addressed in my first thread, but I suppose that isn't the sort of knowledge one seeks by gathering others' perspectives on Web fora.

Of course, there is always one or two most important and relevant truths that everyone wants to know for sure.
I just want to know God. I mean as a person, if God is okay with that.
You know God, you just haven't recognized Him.

• Useful
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Where are you going to place these (and other) questions?
  1. I can show a Biblical example where spirits/angels are bound by time (in some contexts) &
  2. I have an answer to your "chocolate Jesus" question.
Where do you want to continue this conversation?

• Useful
Upvote 0

Mannabar

Stranger Among You
Sep 29, 2022
Someplace West of Hinnom
✟19,959.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Private
I'll need some time to flesh out my draft of the spirit/time question before I put it up for discussion. The chocolate Jesus question is just a silly example, so that can wait, but if you want to put in your quick 2 cents here (eat it, melt it, preserve it, regift it, etc.) go ahead.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Christoph Maria

Dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return...
Sep 10, 2022
Göteborg, Sweden
✟66,727.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
up11_zpsb00daz00.gif

WELCOME to Christian Forums!

“And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.”

Deuteronomy 6:5

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
Isaiah 41:10

And Jesus looking upon them saith, With
men
it is impossible, but not with God:
for with God all things are possible.
Mark 10:27

The Lord is not slow to keep his promise.
He is not slow in the way some people understand it.
He is patient with you.
He doesn't want anyone to be destroyed.
Instead, he wants all people
to turn away from their sins.

2 Peter 3:9

Upvote 0

NPY

Oct 1, 2022
Christchurch
✟8,294.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I would like to suggest that the most important thing you need to know about Scripture is to be found in Gen 1:26 f - "let Us make humanity in our image and after our likeness ..." All of Scripture from Gen 1:1 to Rev 22:21 revolves around this single verse, as it is God's stated intent. Everything else is just detail. The second most important thing is Gen 1:1 "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth ..." This is the arena in which Gen 1:26 takes place.

• Informative
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Welcome.

A forum for your questions is Exploring Christianity.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Welcome!

Upvote 0