Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Has any discussion that has happened in here ever spawned further discussion with say, people in your family or church (eg. through a bible study, sunday school, etc..), or is this room like Las Vegas - what happens here stays here?

Just my curiosity at work here.

Jimmie

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Has any discussion that has happened in here ever spawned further discussion with say, people in your family or church (eg. through a bible study, sunday school, etc..), or is this room like Las Vegas - what happens here stays here?

Jimmie
Yes, very much so. Sometimes after my pastor is done with his sermon he will ask if anyone has any questions or anything to add. I sometimes ask him for his point of view on a topic that I am dealing with here in the forum.

The last time I did this was just accouple of weeks ago when I asked him for his opinion on Jesus spiritually dying on the cross. Several others were very interested in the topic also and we discussed it a little bit.

Excellent topic for a thread by the way:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Andry

Jedi Master
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2004
Left Coast, Canada
✟67,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Jimmie
Mostly like Vegas. Except prostitutes and vagrants aren't welcome here. :sigh: :D

Upvote 0

Tamara224

Jan 13, 2006
Wyoming
✟40,734.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

Jimmie

Yeah, all the time. I love talking to my dad about stuff I encounter online - we love having theological discussions and debates on here often begin such discussions. I often share with my parents, brothers and sisters something new I learned or some argument I got into. And I mention discussions and people from here often when talking to people. It's a part of my life and I talk about it.

Upvote 0

NacDan

Theology never comforted anyone in pain.
Oct 1, 2004
Port Neches, Texas
Visit site
✟11,391.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Mostly like Vegas. Except prostitutes and vagrants aren't welcome here. :sigh: :D
Actually, I should think that vagrants and prostitutes would be welcomed here. We do claim to be CHRISTians, do we not?

"Which of the two did the will of his father?" They *said, "The first." Jesus *said to them, "Truly I say to you that the tax collectors and prostitutes will get into the kingdom of God before you.
(Mat 21:31 NASB)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NewSong

♪♫♫♪♫
Nov 8, 2004
✟47,207.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Actually, I should think that vagrants and prostitutes would be welcomed here. We do claim to be CHRISTians, do we not?

"Which of the two did the will of his father?" They *said, "The first." Jesus *said to them, "Truly I say to you that the tax collectors and prostitutes will get into the kingdom of God before you.
Wow, that is the first time in a long time I have heard that people are welcome in a church that are considered the outcasts. I always heard that only well-behaved Christians are allowed anymore, thus no church for me. I don't know enough to keep my mouth shut.

Back to the OP, yes I frequently discuss these topics with my brother. Less frequently this past year since he and his ex-wife are back to spending time with one another and are on the verge of reconcilling after their Christian divorce. [wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth], I can't believe I sound so snotty! Anyway, my brother and I love to discuss theology and new things. I actually sent him a link for some great ipod sermons that I thought would fit in without discussions. I got them from being online here on the forum. Actually they are Jimbeaux's sermons. I have sent them around to everyone I could think of that has an appreciation for good sermons and I quite frequently discuss threads with my one friend as well. We love to dig into some subjects a little bit differently than the way the thread is going at that moment. :)

Upvote 0

Andry

Jedi Master
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2004
Left Coast, Canada
✟67,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Yes, I was being partly facetious. I wouldn't have a problem with that, but this forum might, sadly.

Upvote 0

jeolmstead

-That’s me in the corner, losing my religion
Apr 27, 2006
Memphis, TN USA
✟22,092.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Jimmie
All the time,

John O.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NacDan

Theology never comforted anyone in pain.
Oct 1, 2004
Port Neches, Texas
Visit site
✟11,391.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Wow, that is the first time in a long time I have heard that people are welcome in a church that are considered the outcasts. I always heard that only well-behaved Christians are allowed anymore, thus no church for me. I don't know enough to keep my mouth shut.

Back to the OP, yes I frequently discuss these topics with my brother. Less frequently this past year since he and his ex-wife are back to spending time with one another and are on the verge of reconcilling after their Christian divorce. [wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth], I can't believe I sound so snotty! Anyway, my brother and I love to discuss theology and new things. I actually sent him a link for some great ipod sermons that I thought would fit in without discussions. I got them from being online here on the forum. Actually they are Jimbeaux's sermons. I have sent them around to everyone I could think of that has an appreciation for good sermons and I quite frequently discuss threads with my one friend as well. We love to dig into some subjects a little bit differently than the way the thread is going at that moment. :)
I'm going to be OFFENDED if you didn't send out the link to the podcast of the lesson I did on the vineyardnac.com website "How Much Are We Worth?" Last I looked it was still on there.

Danny

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was once asked to speak about this forum at our church, and how God dealt with me to change my posting style, because I was not walking in Love like He wanted me to. That's just one example of how this forum spills over into my real life.

This forum is like a microcosm of society, people of all different ages, beliefs, and backgrounds coming together. There is much to be learned here.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.