i hate this 30s thing

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
um i dont know what you are going through, but you dont want to be where i am right now..haha i'm going through so much...i am about to lose it..
Hi. I hope you feel better about being 30. If it makes you feel better... I'm 3 years away from it lol...

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
well im 34...and i dont mind being in my 30's...
That's good. 30's are the new 20's. As long as I'm still me I don't think I'll have a problem again :)

Upvote 0

Jenniferdiana

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's good. 30's are the new 20's. As long as I'm still me I don't think I'll have a problem again :)
what do you mean still you? you probably wont be the same you are now...people change and grow,,,hahaha

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
what do you mean still you? you probably wont be the same you are now...people change and grow,,,hahaha
I mean same personality and outlook. And sorta the same look... But people do change and grow..I'll make sure it's all in the right ways :)

Upvote 0

Jenniferdiana

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I mean same personality and outlook. And sorta the same look... But people do change and grow..I'll make sure it's all in the right ways :)
yeah i understand haha...dont listen to what i say i am weird...

Upvote 0

S.O.J.I.A.

Dynamic UNO
Nov 6, 2016
Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
what...lol if someone took a 10 year nap, i would assume they were in a coma or dead.. i like sleeping but not that long haha
when you wake up you'll be 40 and everything will be fine..

• Agree
Reactions: kittysbecute
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jenniferdiana

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Listening to inspiring speeches, and motivational material tends to pick me up. Not saying it's your thing, but I think we all need a little fire sometimes.

yea thanks but i received all the advice i needed to know. i guess its up to me now.

Upvote 0

daffers234

Aug 9, 2018
Lancaster, PA
✟18,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm 33 and I think my life would have been viewed as better several years ago when I was on my own and such. I went back to school, got myself in some debt and am back living with my folks until I can get a better career and move on. I've always had trouble with cars (which tend to fry/break down on me), I've never been in a very serious relationship, and I often feel ashamed of myself and feel like a failure. Why am I back with my folks at age 33, with a cruddy job even after college, with friends who never seem to have any time, and with a history of mental abuse and church abuse behind me?

Life goes on though. I hope things go better for you soon! :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Jenniferdiana
Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
A Debbie downer thread? Count me in!

So far, I've spent most of my 30's spinning my wheels. I'm getting married and building a career a lot later than I wanted to. It's aggravating, really.

Aggravating.

Reactions: Jenniferdiana
Upvote 0

Jenniferdiana

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A Debbie downer thread? Count me in!

So far, I've spent most of my 30's spinning my wheels. I'm getting married and building a career a lot later than I wanted to. It's aggravating, really.

Aggravating.
hun time is not a friend of ours and isnt on our side.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jenniferdiana

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
hey the colorsblend i feel ya, i wasted so much time and a whole part of my life but we cant go back in the past and change things, we can only learn from our expierences and move forward. hey it may seem late for you but atleast you are being active now and getting somewhere etc. just stay active and you wont be wasting such precious time

Upvote 0
Sep 18, 2018
WI
✟9,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I speak from experience here. I know where you are coming from. I felt that...

A couple years ago I had a health issue. It could have been terminal. I went to surgery and there was a chance I would die in surgery. But I had time before my surgery. Time to think and reflect.

Leading up to the surgery, I began to write letters to loved ones. I began to journal about the things I wished would happen "after I died".

I assumed death was inevitable and I regretted the things I had not done. I regretted the future my kids would have. I regretted the missed opportunities to share Jesus with my friends. And I realized the important mistakes and omissions I had made in my life.

I had really, really screwed up my priorities. I had wasted my life worrying if I would miss a show on TV. I lived in a world where I "needed" things. I was entitled.

Finally the day came, I had cried about life regrets and missed opportunities. But this was my D-Day. They were going to put me under and I fully expected to find myself hearing the angels sing "holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty" when I woke up. I assumed I would die and leave my kids and wife behind. I remember crying as they began the IV to put me to sleep. My wife was there. I remember thinking that I should have done more to be a leader for my family, but that was now in her hands and in God's hands. Things went dark.

I woke up hours later. The risky surgery worked. I was given a second chance on life. It was time to make changes...

I looked at those journals. I looked at those letters I had written. It was time to pursue those dreams. These dreams were not like "oh I wish to see Paris"... These dreams were like "I want my daughter to know Jesus and never stop loving Him"... Perspective helps!

When you get to that day where you can count your days left on one hand, you will regret the missed opportunities to serve God. You will regret the love you did not show. You will regret not saying "I'm sorry."

Things you won't regret... Making enough money, missing the end of that TV series, that your football team lost another superbowl.

But your life probably seems hopeless because your vision is too small. God has a plan for you. You are looking at your old shoes, your small room in your small apartment, etc. and seeing failure. Look bigger. None of that matters. Step out of your comfort zone and jump.

I guarantee your life will be forever changed if you commit for a week to do the following:
  1. Unplug the TV
  2. Disconnect from facebook
  3. Write a letter to a loved one with the perspective that you have one week to live (don't send it, just put down what you would say).
  4. Make a list of 7 people, one for each day, give them a call, tell them you love them and pray with them.
Now comes the choice. Do what you wish, but getting out of a situation requires an action. Sometimes we choose the action, sometimes that action is chosen for us. How will your move take place?

Upvote 0

Jenniferdiana

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I speak from experience here. I know where you are coming from. I felt that...

A couple years ago I had a health issue. It could have been terminal. I went to surgery and there was a chance I would die in surgery. But I had time before my surgery. Time to think and reflect.

Leading up to the surgery, I began to write letters to loved ones. I began to journal about the things I wished would happen "after I died".

I assumed death was inevitable and I regretted the things I had not done. I regretted the future my kids would have. I regretted the missed opportunities to share Jesus with my friends. And I realized the important mistakes and omissions I had made in my life.

I had really, really screwed up my priorities. I had wasted my life worrying if I would miss a show on TV. I lived in a world where I "needed" things. I was entitled.

Finally the day came, I had cried about life regrets and missed opportunities. But this was my D-Day. They were going to put me under and I fully expected to find myself hearing the angels sing "holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty" when I woke up. I assumed I would die and leave my kids and wife behind. I remember crying as they began the IV to put me to sleep. My wife was there. I remember thinking that I should have done more to be a leader for my family, but that was now in her hands and in God's hands. Things went dark.

I woke up hours later. The risky surgery worked. I was given a second chance on life. It was time to make changes...

I looked at those journals. I looked at those letters I had written. It was time to pursue those dreams. These dreams were not like "oh I wish to see Paris"... These dreams were like "I want my daughter to know Jesus and never stop loving Him"... Perspective helps!

When you get to that day where you can count your days left on one hand, you will regret the missed opportunities to serve God. You will regret the love you did not show. You will regret not saying "I'm sorry."

Things you won't regret... Making enough money, missing the end of that TV series, that your football team lost another superbowl.

But your life probably seems hopeless because your vision is too small. God has a plan for you. You are looking at your old shoes, your small room in your small apartment, etc. and seeing failure. Look bigger. None of that matters. Step out of your comfort zone and jump.

I guarantee your life will be forever changed if you commit for a week to do the following:
  1. Unplug the TV
  2. Disconnect from facebook
  3. Write a letter to a loved one with the perspective that you have one week to live (don't send it, just put down what you would say).
  4. Make a list of 7 people, one for each day, give them a call, tell them you love them and pray with them.
Now comes the choice. Do what you wish, but getting out of a situation requires an action. Sometimes we choose the action, sometimes that action is chosen for us. How will your move take place?
i guess

Upvote 0

luckswallows

Sep 26, 2018
Northern England
✟7,777.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Rationalist
Marital Status
Single
I only turned 30 earlier this month, and I'm hating it already!

But considering how unhealthy my lifestyle is, I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't live past 60, which, if true, would technically mean that I could already be having a mid-life crisis!

Upvote 0

Jenniferdiana

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I only turned 30 earlier this month, and I'm hating it already!

But considering how unhealthy my lifestyle is, I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't live past 60, which, if true, would technically mean that I could already be having a mid-life crisis!
yea

Upvote 0