I hate God

R

Romanseight2005

Think of sin as spir
Yes... i agree... adam has a free will... but a this free will should be affecting him alone.. not others... let's correct the example i said...

Assume there is a kind of prison that is mixed (men with women together)... a man and a women did something wrong and were put in that prison.. after that.. they gave birth to a child in that prison... logically... the prison will allow that child to get out of it because he is not guilty of anything... it is not fair to keep him there... so if a "hero" comes and says "hey child... ill get u out of here"... (and remember he already said that after a LONG time of being in prison)..... this is not a GIFT from that hero... no... this is the child's right to be out of it because he did nothing to be inside... and not just that.. this right is back to him very LATE.... so dont tell me the one who got him out of the prison is a hero... no... he is just correcting the mistake of leaving this child inside prison without doing anything wrong...

Think of sin as spiritual genes. When you have a baby, he or she will take on certain characteristics of you because he or she came from you. Likewise our children inherit our characteristics as well. Furthermore, children learn from their parents. If dad has a bad temper, There is a good chance I will have one. In your example of the prison, here is the difference. Children are born with a sin nature, but they are not born sinning. If a small child dies, it is my belief that he or she goes to be with our Father. There is what is called an age of accountability. Now if that child born to the prison mates, grows a little older and starts stealing, etc. now he or she is guilty of a crime. So essentially, we do have choices, but with the perpensity for sin that we are born with, along with a tempter and a world full of evil, we fall prey and sin, basically because we are all born selfish.

Think about the suffering that God was willing to do for you, so that you could be saved from the law of sin a death. He suffered immensely, and gave His life for you. There are things that we don't understand, but as we trust God, little by little, our faith grows. I suggest that you read the account of Joseph. Begin with Genesis 37:2.

Upvote 0

Rage4Christ

Feb 28, 2004
✟997.00
Faith
Christian
Simply,

You've asked some incredibly insightful questions. Very tough, very complex issues.

I'm going to try, however, to take a different approach. A more practical, rather than Abstract approach.

My first question:

From your post it seems you are suffering.
Is this correct? Do you have joy and love in your life? Can you give me a bit more back ground on your condition.

*please note, i'm not going to argue because Christ can help in your suffering Christ is necessarily true or that you should love God. I'm not making argument. I just want to know a bit more about your story.

BTW- I think people who ask questions such as yours are showing incredible courage and passionate inquiry. Keep at it, I'm impressed.

Upvote 0

simplywhy

Mar 9, 2007
✟15,167.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Think of sin as spiritual genes

And do u think this is fair? Do u think that inheriting the sinful nature is something fair? Please tell me: when the baby is just born... did he commit any sin????? why he should suffer because his parents sinned?? please explain to me how can this be fairness??

If u think that comparing it to genes will make it clear, well not.. im not even convinced that inherit something is fair.... if my parents are sick.. then i should not be so just because they are.... humans are not things... just because the parents want to have children should not give them the right to do that if their children will be sick and sinful... do u get what i am saying?

How can children suffer because of something that happened when they were not even born... and please dont give me other examples of that happening to convince me that this is the norm.. because any other example will still have the same flaw.... it's UNFAIR.

Rage4Christ,
Well yes i am suffering... maybe im not living a terrible life in materialistic terms... but this whole life is not fulfilling by any means to me... if u want to know exactly about my problem... it's mainly emotional... im very emotional and i was asking god day and night to help me fulfil those emotions.. i asked him to make me love him and make me feel his love.... and what happened? the more i asked, the more god made people hate me and go away from me.... people hate me because i love them and try to show care....
that's very briefly what triggered the problem... but now i do not know why i am here in this world... im not simply complaining for myself.. no... i dont understand why all people suffer and not just me....

Upvote 0
R

Romanseight2005

If you notice I said that people were born with a nature, but not born sinning. That means a child is not born with sin but simply a perpensity to sin.I don't know how you are gaging fairness, but I guess you are wondering why God didn't just scrap the past humans and start fresh, instead of letting one race continue propagating. All that I can tell you is that His ways are higher than our ways, and He sees things from an eternal perspective, not a temporal one like we do. He did step in and do something to change the course for humans. It just doesn't make sense to you. I can tell you what I do when something is really bothering me and I can't make sense of it. I pray and ask God to help me to understand, or help me to not need to know. Something struck me awhile back. There is a passage in scripture where Jesus comes to see Lazurus who died. His sisters are there crying, and wondering why He didn't come sooner because He could have saved him. What they didn't know was that Jesus was going to raise him from the dead. What really struck me though was that even though Jesus knew He was going to raise Lazurus from the dead, He was struck by grief because of their sorrow. He wept. He didn't weep because things were bad. He wept because He loved them and was grieved by their sorrow. It just amazes me that He can go through our suffering with us, even when He knows He's going to redeem it.

Upvote 0

Wordgazer

Jan 29, 2007
Oregon
✟7,884.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
SimplyWhy,

I don't believe we are being punished for Adam and Eve's sins. Each person who receives punishment is punished for his own sins. The Bible makes that clear.

There are a variety of reasons for suffering given in the Bible. The Book of Job makes it very clear that suffering sometimes has nothing to do with punishment at all, but that there is a divine plan going on that we cannot truly understand. For Job, it was enough in the end to know that God heard and cared, and that God was greater than he was.

One clear reason for suffering is that God created beings with free will, with the ability to separate themselves from Him. But who would want the alternative? Who would want to be a puppet, incapable of making any real choice? God doesn't want puppets, He wants children.

He also created, in his own wisdom, the genetic code and so on, so that we do inherit things from our parents. This isn't "fair," I suppose, but He must have designed it this way for a good reason. I don't recall God promising that things would always be "fair," just that justice would be done in the end.

A lot of what happens, happens because God lets us humans hurt each other. He lets things happen because, for reasons I don't fully understand, the consequences of overriding humanity's free will are too costly for the small benefit to be reaped. There are worse things than temporal suffering.

Finally, God redeems suffering, so that it has eternal value in Heaven. Notice that when Jesus was resurrected, He kept His scars. I'm quite certain that, had He wanted to, He could have made the wounds in His hands and side disappear. He didn't. Why? Because the things gained and learned from suffering have great eternal value. In the end, when we are in eternity, we will see that our sufferings were worth every tear, every pain. Satan will find that all of his plots and schemes only had the effect of making our eternal state more glorious. Satan will be left with nothing. And our every tear will be wiped away, never to be remembered again.

For the rest, I'm truly sorry that people are rejecting and hurting you. I believe Jesus is, too. He knows how that feels, very, very deeply. If you find that rejection is a pattern in your life, SimplyWhy, there may be causes for this that need to be addressed. May I suggest counseling of some kind? I myself have been through counseling when I needed it and have been helped by it.

Sometimes God doesn't help directly because His design is that we humans help each other.

I hope these thoughts provide some help to you. :)

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well yes i am suffering... maybe im not living a terrible life in materialistic terms... but this whole life is not fulfilling by any means to me... if u want to know exactly about my problem... it's mainly emotional... im very emotional and i was asking god day and night to help me fulfil those emotions.. i asked him to make me love him and make me feel his love.... and what happened? the more i asked, the more god made people hate me and go away from me.... people hate me because i love them and try to show care....
that's very briefly what triggered the problem... but now i do not know why i am here in this world... im not simply complaining for myself.. no... i dont understand why all people suffer and not just me....
This sounds like it's their fault, not His.

Upvote 0

Rage4Christ

Feb 28, 2004
✟997.00
Faith
Christian
Well yes i am suffering... the more i asked, the more god made people hate me and go away from me.... people hate me because i love them and try to show care....

i dont understand why all people suffer and not just me....

I just want to paraphrase what you've said so I can better understand your situation. You feel hated. Sometimes you feel God made people hate you.

Can you give a concrete example of where your love returned only hate?

I think your questions about suffering on the cosmic scale are really good, interesting and important. But I want to focus on this hate you feel.

Just so you know I'm sorry you feel hated, and I hope this can help. Here's a hug. :hug:

Upvote 0

simplywhy

Mar 9, 2007
✟15,167.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
But I want to focus on this hate you feel

Ok... basically some of friends cant stand me... i dont know why... for example they never call or talk with me.... everytime i try to get near them they simply push me... they dont want me to be close to them by any means... and sometimes they say things that hurt me and they know very well that they did hurt me but they dont bother to fix that... as if i have no feelings... they humilate me because they know very well how much i love them.

Other friends that i have (the christian ones) deal with me as if im their duty... they dont really love me.. they may say "we love u"...but this is because god said "love others".... they force themselves to treat me good just to please god... not because they care about me..... inside themselves they cant even stand me and i can easily feel it... they love and care and cherich all other people... but when it's me, they force themselves to smile and try appear natural.... for example, if there is a group of people... they can be very very nice with others... they keep calling them "sweetie" or "dear" and act in a very warm and friendly manner.... but for me.. they treat me in a very formal way.... although they know very well how much i love them.. i adore them...

So... i asked god all the time to help me and heal my wounds... i asked him to give me people that really love me and that allow me to hug them and show me their care..... but nothing happened... i kept praying for years... nothing happened... i said "ok no problem... god if you do not want to give me people to love me... please make me love you more than anything... please help me to love you and be satisfied with ur love alone without needing and begging for love from others"... what happened after that? simply nothing... im just losing one friend after another and feeling all alone all the time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rebee

Nov 27, 2006
✟15,208.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Simplywhy,
You feel you are paying consequences because of Adam's sin. (your prison example)

In that prison with the parents and the child -- the child (you) did get let out of the prison (when you were born you had no sin). When you committed a sin -a lie, cheating, stealing, etc (by YOUR OWN FREE WILL) it is then you were thrown back into that 'prison' with your 'parents'. But then you have Jesus' blood to get you back out of that jail!

The only way your analogy would work and you would be a victim of circumstance is if you had never sinned and still been put in the jail, which is not the case. Hope that makes sense!

But praise God we have a way out and hard times will come, but they only teach us more and refine us! You will get through this and I pray you will be at peace and hope that floods your being!
Be blessed in Jesus' name!
With love from a sis in Christ!

Upvote 0

FenderElctrc

JESUS IS AWESOME!!
Sep 20, 2006
Gotta keep it secret
Visit site
✟17,089.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Ok... basically some of friends cant stand me... i dont know why... for example they never call or talk with me.... everytime i try to get near them they simply push me... they dont want me to be close to them by any means... and sometimes they say things that hurt me and they know very well that they did hurt me but they dont bother to fix that... as if i have no feelings... they humilate me because they know very well how much i love them.

Other friends that i have (the christian ones) deal with me as if im their duty... they dont really love me.. they may say "we love u"...but this is because god said "love others".... they force themselves to treat me good just to please god... not because they care about me..... inside themselves they cant even stand me and i can easily feel it... they love and care and cherich all other people... but when it's me, they force themselves to smile and try appear natural.... for example, if there is a group of people... they can be very very nice with others... they keep calling them "sweetie" or "dear" and act in a very warm and friendly manner.... but for me.. they treat me in a very formal way.... although they know very well how much i love them.. i adore them...

So... i asked god all the time to help me and heal my wounds... i asked him to give me people that really love me and that allow me to hug them and show me their care..... but nothing happened... i kept praying for years... nothing happened... i said "ok no problem... god if you do not want to give me people to love me... please make me love you more than anything... please help me to love you and be satisfied with ur love alone without needing and begging for love from others"... what happened after that? simply nothing... im just losing one friend after another and feeling all alone all the time.
First, people will hate you. Especially if you walk the path of righteousness and preach to the non-believers. People weren't made to hate. That's freewill. Also, no matter how someone treats you, don't treat them the same. Just love them and don't worry about what they think of you.

Now I'm going to talk about Faith. By reading that last paragraph, I can see that you didn't have faith. How can I see this? Because you're saying God didn't answer your prayers. You obviously gave up. Don't ever give up. You never know when God will give you good friends. Hey, He might have been about ready to give you a friend when you gave up. Here's what I think: I think that God will not answer our prayers for a period of time to test our faith. Also, did you doubt? Did you doubt that you would really get a friend. If this is so, then you will not get it. Trust in God. Read Mark 11:22-24. Oh, and God can't make you love Him. That wouldn't be freewill.

As for Adam and Eve, when they ate the fruit, they were cut off from God. They now had knowledge of good and evil. Therefore every man had it. But, then God came in the flesh as Jesus. Then, He died on the cross, went to hell for 3 days and then opened the doors to heaven. Now, there is a way into God's Kingdom and that's through Jesus Christ. If we go to Him, we will not suffer. Now see, Adam and Eve brought knowledge of good and evil into the world. This means we are now able to sin because of our freewill, but if we repent and turn away from our sins, then we will not suffer.

Another word of advice that's meant towards everyone. Do not get caught up in the earthly things. For example, worrying about what people think of you. Many people want praise from men. They want to look good to others. Don't be like this. Focus on looking good to God by not sinning and following His Word. Many people are going to hate us. I know a bunch of atheist hate me. Who cares though? That's their problem and they need to go to God. All we can do is tell them of God and witness to them, but then they need to accept Jesus into their heart.

Upvote 0

Rage4Christ

Feb 28, 2004
✟997.00
Faith
Christian
Simplywhy,

I hear your frustration.
Finding dear and close friends is a lot of work. Trying to do this with all the superficial people out there makes it even more difficult.

Here's my advice, though it may be a bit shocking. (Mods, let me know if this is a bit too radical and I'll edit this post). Continue addressing this problem without appealing to God.

I think your rejection of God is not surprising. You have assumed God would help you in this one particular way and he hasn't. If someone had promised to help me move my furniture one day and then just blew me off, I'd be quite angry too. So I understand your emotions.

It seems figuring out your condition without God's help might be the best thing for you at this juncture. Finding and making good friends is a difficult social skill. For some it comes easy, for others-- it can be hard to read emotions on others and gauge your response. I don't know where you fall in that spectrum, but I would guess you do not have the strongest social skills.

From your post you say you give all your love to these people, but I'm asking myself, what did they do to deserve your respect and attention (note, not love). If someone just sort of forced their attention and adoration on me without cause, I'd be a bit wigged out myself.

You can love someone, but not give them your respect and attention. Its a tricky distinction, but I think its critical in understanding the message of Christ: healthy boundaries foster unconditional love of self and others.

You deserve love and joy. But it does not come free. Don't waste your energy focusing hatred at God. Just let that go for now. Focus more on building healthy boundaries and working on short term goals of building acquaintances this next month or so. Don't shoot for perfection, just try hard.

I think I packed one too many ideas in this post and I hope it was not too confusing.

Remember, Christ loves you unconditionally.

Upvote 0

Wordgazer

Jan 29, 2007
Oregon
✟7,884.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
But Jan, SimplyWhy posted messages earlier today. . .

SimplyWhy, I hear what Rage4Christ is saying. You are having real problems forming good relationships. That's the pits-- I feel for you. There may be natural, non-spiritual solutions that God wants you to address. Sometimes God doesn't seem to be answering our prayers because He has a practical solution that we aren't taking-- there's something that WE need to do to help fix the problem.

I urge you to look into professional counseling.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

koban4max

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2005
✟3,289.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I really hate God.... he hurt me sooooooooooooooo much you cant imagine to what extent.... he made me lose everything..... i have billions of questions and i dont have answers to them.... i dont have anyone to talk to... everyone is gone...
how can i love god after all what he did to me????

Sounds very poetic..you the next shakespear?

Cheer up, girl. God is here with us.

Upvote 0

gratefulgrace

Contributor
Jul 26, 2006
British Columbia
✟32,492.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I am sorry simplywhy, I made a big mistake. :sorry: :eek: I didn't check back far enough today. There are a lot of posts here and each day I usually check them back to the last read but today I didn't and didn't see any posts from you. I just didn't take enough time today to check.:blush: Please forgive my oversight I have been concerned about you. :( :cry: Jan

Upvote 0

gratefulgrace

Contributor
Jul 26, 2006
British Columbia
✟32,492.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Emotional pain and sensitivity is very hard to live with. People do not always see things as you do or feel things as deeply as you do. People may not intentionally mean to hurt you but I know personalities that just can't stand being around an emotional person. They often lose patience very quickly. My advice is to avoid them, but continue to tell your troubles to God, even if you are expressing frustration at Him. God is a big God and He can take it. It shows you are seeking to know the truth. There are many here who are doing their best to answer your concerns and questions from a Biblical theological position and that is good if you are ready to hear that. If not it just becomes another position of "yes but it doesn't work that way for me". You say Christians just say they love you because they have to cuz God said so. You surely cannot know what is inside their heart toward you. You are interpreting these actions in light of your depression. You can be ministered to by the Holy Spirit and delievered from this negative gray hurting life that you are in now. I pray that as you pour out your heart to God that He will give you the emotional release your personality needs. You said in an earlier post that you are receiving counselling but is it helping? :hug: I am still praying :crossrc: Jan

Upvote 0

ub4me

Senior Veteran
Feb 16, 2005
USA
✟20,873.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Our Perception Of Things May Not Be How They Really Are. Sometimes We Become Hardened And Bitter Because Someone Did Hurt Us...which Causes Us To Emit A Vibe That Is Suspicious And Not Trusting Of Others...a Wall In A Sense, And We Don't Even Know We Are Doing It, But It Is A Way Of Protecting Ourselves From Future Hurts.
Other People Can Sense That...and Unfortunately People Could Get Closer...but They Are Confronted With That Wall And Can't Get Past It.
I Am Not Saying This Is How Things Are....but I Would At Least Examine Myself To See If Their Are Some Walls That Could Come Down.

Praying For You!!!

Reactions: gratefulgrace
Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Other friends that i have (the christian ones) deal with me as if im their duty... they dont really love me.. they may say "we love u"...but this is because god said "love others".... they force themselves to treat me good just to please god... not because they care about me..... inside themselves they cant even stand me and i can easily feel it... they love and care and cherich all other people... but when it's me, they force themselves to smile and try appear natural.... for example, if there is a group of people... they can be very very nice with others... they keep calling them "sweetie" or "dear" and act in a very warm and friendly manner.... but for me.. they treat me in a very formal way.... although they know very well how much i love them.. i adore them
If your friends were that cruel, I would say it's grace that pulled you away from them. You would only be hurt continually by them with little jabs and expectations, always having to live up to their demands.

This is a time for you to become yourself. Not what others expect you to be. God designed you with your own interests, with special traits that make you valuable in your own ways.

To grasp this, sometimes we need distance. Or at least we need to find some people who will be supportive, no matter what age they are.

Upvote 0