I happen to like Mike Huckabee at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skripper

Legend
Jul 22, 2003
Michigan
Visit site
✟30,691.00
Faith
Catholic
Hey Jason, I'm a little curious about something. You've repeatedly, and correctly, pointed out how this or that pro-life politician doesn't have a plan to end abortion (not that it could really ever be "ended," I don't think, but I understand your point). But considering how abortion is legal due to the Supreme Court's Roe v Wade decision back in the early 70s which created a "right" to have an abortion, what can any president do, really, other than to appoint pro-life justices to the Supreme Court? I mean, what sort of a plan could any president have, other than that?

Upvote 0

fragmentsofdreams

Critical loyalist
Apr 18, 2002
CA
Visit site
✟28,828.00
Faith
Catholic
You might want to check out Tom Tancredo. You won't find anyone more pro-life than him - in his voting and in his life. Plus, he is not ashamed of his Italian Catholic roots.

Some of his statements that I have heard have been almost sickeningly xenophobic.

Upvote 0

fragmentsofdreams

Critical loyalist
Apr 18, 2002
CA
Visit site
✟28,828.00
Faith
Catholic

It's been a couple of months since I heard quotes from a debate that made me form this opinion, but it was something creating an us vs. them attitude on immigration.

Looking for the quote, I came across his comments about nuking Mecca in response to a terrorist attack. The man appears to lack the ability to see the humanity of those outside his tribe.

ETA - I haven't found the quote, but reading his position on immigration reminded me that it had something to do with objecting to threats to our culture. He's repeating the same xenophobic rhetoric that his Italian grandparents faced.

Upvote 0

CatholicFlame

The Lord is Risen Indeed
Nov 4, 2007
California
Visit site
✟20,269.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I've never been much of a political catholic, more of a scriptural catholic but this man has some very good qualities concerning how he wants to hold to some very God centered approaches to right to life, health care and marriage.

However, saying that he will go full stream ahead in teh war is frightening to me. That part is well, unchristian if you aks me.

I know tht he would have the responsibility to defend our country if elected president, but a full focus on winning this war, I can't conclude that he learned that in the bible anywhere.

?

I think that war is for hell, not heaven.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.