I happen to like Mike Huckabee at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WordofGod

True LOVE never Fails and Casts out fear.
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2006
The best country in the world.
✟62,459.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I think he is the most pro-life candidate in the running, and even he doesn't have a plan to end abortion. He just presents his philosophy and past voting record, but no plan. I'd like to see more from him.

If you look at his statements on health care for example, he talks about what he plans to do about it (which is nothing, basically) if he is president. What he does though, is acknowledge the problem in health care, and state what he believes is a solution to it, and then discusses how he will take us there. With pro-life, he simply says "I'm pro-life; look at the way I've voted in the past." There is no plan to end abortion stated. Pro-lifers need to demand a plan from candidates.
It amazes me that folks have simply let the candidates get away with having no plan on this in the past. I'm guilty of that myself, but I won't do it again.
What presidential candidate reveals their plans before they get into office with the exceptions of the ones who don't plan on really implementing them?:crossrc:

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What presidential candidate reveals their plans before they get into office with the exceptions of the ones who don't plan on really implementing them?

Are you arguing that one ought not reveal their plans to the voters prior to the election?

Upvote 0

geocajun

Priest of the holy smackrament
Dec 25, 2002
✟35,477.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
What presidential candidate reveals their plans before they get into office with the exceptions of the ones who don't plan on really implementing them?:crossrc:
I get the impression you think hiding ones plan is the right thing to do.
When folks hide their plan, it is because no one made them show it. Look at healthcare for example - everyone has to show their plan.
Nobody is forcing pro-lifers to show their plan, so it's no wonder it isn't getting anywhere. Like I said, I won't burn another vote on a pro-lifer with no plan to end abortion.

Upvote 0

Fish and Bread

Dona nobis pacem
Jan 31, 2005
✟68,185.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Is this kind of like President Bush's secret plan for turning things around in Iraq during the 2004 election campaign? "Trust me, I have a plan." "What is it?" "Can't tell you.". Turns out he didn't really have a plan. I can't say that I was surprised.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,435.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I remember reading that as governor of Arkansas Huckabee took a tobacco settlement and used the funds to expand healthcare for needy children.

I think that his 100-pound weight loss and commitment to bringing more awareness of fitness and nutrition to schools and society as a whole is good.

In terms of economic policy, he is thought of as a moderate Republican.

If he had raised $20-$30 million like Obama or Romney or Clinton or Giuliani, I have no doubt that he would be a top tier candidate today--dollar for dollar spent, he is probably getting the most votes for his money by far.

Upvote 0

WordofGod

True LOVE never Fails and Casts out fear.
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2006
The best country in the world.
✟62,459.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Interesting link where you rate the candidates yourself... http://www.usatoday.com:80/news/politics/election2008/candidate-match-game.htm

After you are done you can use the sliding scales on the right to give weight to the different categories.

... Brownback still comes out on top for me. :scratch:
</IMG>

My top 3 (from that test):

1. Kucinich
2. Giuliani :scratch:
3. Richardson

Huckabee's somewhere down in the middle for me, but off the top of my head the only thing I really like about him is his name.

Upvote 0

Fish and Bread

Dona nobis pacem
Jan 31, 2005
✟68,185.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I hate Linux. Can't even install Flashplayer without it turning into something I'd need a six month computer seminar to be able to handle... It took me like 30 minutes just to figure out I couldn't do it. But I have to run Linux because it is free and Windows was too prone to viruses. I wish I had a Mac...

Upvote 0

wiggsfly

Walking the tightrope of life
Nov 20, 2005
✟4,140.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I hate Linux. Can't even install Flashplayer without it turning into something I'd need a six month computer seminar to be able to handle... It took me like 30 minutes just to figure out I couldn't do it. But I have to run Linux because it is free and Windows was too prone to viruses. I wish I had a Mac...
Umm, wrong thread I think...

Upvote 0

colleen

We are an Easter people!
Mar 8, 2002
✟21,098.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I love my 12 inch powerbook. But, I also got it when I was still a student so I got their nice student discount.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

I'd tell you you're right, but my dad would tell you to get Ubuntu. Windows is teh awfulz anyway.

Upvote 0

Fish and Bread

Dona nobis pacem
Jan 31, 2005
✟68,185.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Umm, wrong thread I think...

I was trying to download and install Flashplayer so I could take the USA Today Presidential selection quiz thing. So it somewhat relates. :)

I'd tell you you're right, but my dad would tell you to get Ubuntu. Windows is teh awfulz anyway.

The problem is that Windows is buggy and virus prone but easy to use, whereas Linux is much more stable but requires you to be basically be a computer technician with extensive knowledge of UNIX to do some very basic stuff. I don't like either of them anymore. I use SUSE because a friend provided it to me for free and installed the thing. He's offered Ubuntu, but SUSE took several weeks of running back and forth to try to get certain things necessary to connect to the Internet working, so I'm hesitant to risk going to through that again with another build. I asked him if this would actually work the first time if he did it and his response was "No, with an asterix". I replied "The asterix is what worries me".

Upvote 0

Skripper

Legend
Jul 22, 2003
Michigan
Visit site
✟30,691.00
Faith
Catholic
I think he is the most pro-life candidate in the running, and even he doesn't have a plan to end abortion. He just presents his philosophy and past voting record, but no plan. I'd like to see more from him.

If you look at his statements on health care for example, he talks about what he plans to do about it (which is nothing, basically) if he is president. What he does though, is acknowledge the problem in health care, and state what he believes is a solution to it, and then discusses how he will take us there. With pro-life, he simply says "I'm pro-life; look at the way I've voted in the past." There is no plan to end abortion stated. Pro-lifers need to demand a plan from candidates.
It amazes me that folks have simply let the candidates get away with having no plan on this in the past. I'm guilty of that myself, but I won't do it again.
Although I've heard of Huckabee before tonight, to tell you the truth, I'd never heard him speak and couldn't have picked him out of a crowd. Then tonight, I sort of /kinda watched/listened to part of the Republican presidential debate on TV. Actually, I was doing other stuff and it just happened to be on the tube. So while I wasn't really watching it, I could hear the candidates. And I kept liking what I heard from one guy in particular. Turned out to be Huckabee. The "funny" thing is, if asked specifically what he said that I liked, I'd actually be a little stumped, because I can't really recall. I just know that this one guy kept getting my attention and that I found myself liking what he was saying . . . whatever it was. LOL

I also heard some snippets of what some of the others were saying. I was thoroughl unimpressed. Gulliani basically kept harping on what a great mayor he was. Okay, fine. Then run for mayor again. (Big difference between being mayor of NYC and being president of the U.S. . . . but I digress). McCain . . . I swear, if I shut my eyes, he sounded like "W," not only in what he was saying, he actually sounded like him, too. LOL Romney seemed like a dear caught in the headlights, particularly on gun control. He even got booed by the audience at one point (as did Gulliani). I should have paid more attention, but I was busy doing other stuff. But like I said, I liked what this guy Huckabee was saying. So I guess I'm going to have to start paying attention at some point, to try to figure out what the heck he was saying that I liked. LOL

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.