Aug 18, 2015
✟328,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I might need to post this in the ptsd forum instead. So anyways here's what happened. So I'm just chilling on the interwebz like I usually do late at night listening to my music when all of a sudden I heard something in my left ear that sounded like the pits of hell had just opened up and unleashed its fury in my ear. It was unlike anything I had ever experienced in my life. It sounded like someone or something getting tortured in the worst possible kind of way. But all I know is this thing getting tortured whatever it was, most certainly was not human. It lasted i'd say a whole 2 seconds max but it felt like an eternity.

I don't even believe there is an actual place called hell but after what I experienced last night I'm sort of thinking of changing my view. It was just the most horrific sound you could possibly imagine. Just remembering it I see an image in my head that definitely is demonic(like some kind of demon in flames). If I wasn't so close with the Father and his son Jesus Christ and didn't know my power and authority over such things I might be like completely broken and torn apart right now. But when it happened I was like whatevz. Just apart of the usual christian experience:/

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I might need to post this in the ptsd forum instead. So anyways here's what happened. So I'm just chilling on the interwebz like I usually do late at night listening to my music when all of a sudden I heard something in my left ear that sounded like the pits of hell had just opened up and unleashed its fury in my ear. It was unlike anything I had ever experienced in my life. It sounded like someone or something getting tortured in the worst possible kind of way. But all I know is this thing getting tortured whatever it was, most certainly was not human. It lasted i'd say a whole 2 seconds max but it felt like an eternity.

I don't even believe there is an actual place called hell but after what I experienced last night I'm sort of thinking of changing my view. It was just the most horrific sound you could possibly imagine. Just remembering it I see an image in my head that definitely is demonic(like some kind of demon in flames). If I wasn't so close with the Father and his son Jesus Christ and didn't know my power and authority over such things I might be like completely broken and torn apart right now. But when it happened I was like whatevz. Just apart of the usual christian experience:/
Auditory hallucinations are surprisingly common, even among people with no history of mental illness.

Once while simply relaxing, and for no reason I can determine, I suddenly had a whole chorus of monstrous, demon-like voices, clear as a bell, as real to me as anything I've ever heard, sing the first phrase of "Happy Birthday to You" right in my ear. It would have been terrifying, if not for the silliness of it.

Your experience is totally legitimate, and sounds upsetting and scary. I caution leaping to actual demons as the first explanation, though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Sounds scary dude. But I am not surprised things like this are happening, rapture is going to happen soon. Christ is going to greet his bride.

People have said the same thing for the past 2000 years.

Auditory hallucinations happen at times—it sucks, but they happen. I've multiple times thought I heard someone saying my name but no one said anything. I've noticed personally that it can happen at times late at night more often than the day, especially if you're drifting off to sleep. Were you starting to feel tired late at night?

One theory I have on why it seems to happen more often at night is because our ears are used to hearing a lot of noise throughout the day. So when it's night and you're still awake, sometimes your brain fills in that noise gap by creating auditory hallucinations—like a minor form of sensory deprivation.

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I've seen the image you describe, only without the sound. Mine was from an encounter with an evil spirit - I don't know what kind. I was just trying to get work done.

Saturate yourself with prayer and "put on the full armor of God" (Ephesians 6)

Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I've had the same kind of experience, only without the sound. Mine was from an encounter with an evil spirit - I don't know what kind. I was just trying to get work done.

Saturate yourself with prayer and "put on the full armor of God" (Ephesians 6)

How do you know it was from an evil spirit and not an auditory hallucination?

Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟328,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The sounds of hell are beyond words and human kind cannot immitate, but there is a hell. What kind of music were u listening to, if I may ask??

I can't remember but definitely some Christian worship music.

Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

Aug 18, 2015
✟328,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Auditory hallucinations are surprisingly common, even among people with no history of mental illness.

Once while simply relaxing, and for no reason I can determine, I suddenly had a whole chorus of monstrous, demon-like voices, clear as a bell, as real to me as anything I've ever heard, sing the first phrase of "Happy Birthday to You" right in my ear. It would have been terrifying, if not for the silliness of it.

Your experience is totally legitimate, and sounds upsetting and scary. I caution leaping to actual demons as the first explanation, though.

I've had auditory hallucinations before this was most certainly not that. If I were having one usually it would repeat itself or be hard to get rid of or at least echo somehow, this was just like a glimpse of something terrible out there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can't remember but definitely some Christian worship music.
In your heart of hearts what do you think it was, if nobody here would judge you by sharing what you think, in all honesty? Yeah that would b a horrific sound to hear. I suppose it's got you to thinking?

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
1) no sound, only visual

2) this happened several times over a period of weeks in a barn my parents built. I could "feel" the presence of something (someone) evil, and could even tell where they were. I didn't "see" the image where they were, but in my mind.

My mom had the same feelings in the same barn, but we didn't know about each other's experiences until a few months later, when we were talking.

Reactions: sk8brdkd
Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
RE POST #1......

Electro-Chemical processes in the human brain sometimes don't complete a circuit. The result is the same running around looking for a connection. Think about an electrical circuit. A circuit-breaker doesn't complete a circuit. In that case, the lights go out. You have to reset the breaker. In your case the circuit was broken for two seconds, then clicked back on. Your brain reset itself, became fully functioning again.

Reactions: CrystalDragon
Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

Aug 18, 2015
✟328,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How do you know it was from an evil spirit and not an auditory hallucination?

Auditory hallucinations come in all shapes and sizes. It's possible to think you hear like a cat meowing or something, but this was just so different than anything like that. I'm all for natural explanations of weird experiences, but there was nothing natural about this. I would most definitely be inclined to pass this off as a hallucination and not even post this thread but this was completely different in the experience. It came along with a feeling like I had been shown a glimpse of hell. If it was just like a sound with no other feelings or images then I would be like meh I just need some sleep. This was not like that at all is all I can say.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

Aug 18, 2015
✟328,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In your heart of hearts what do you think it was, if nobody here would judge you by sharing what you think, in all honesty? Yeah that would b a horrific sound to hear. I suppose it's got you to thinking?

Trying not to ruminate over the experience but I know what its like to hallucinate, and this was something else. There was like a spiritual component to this that just doesn't come along with hallucinations. I guess time will tell what this actually means because I don't know what it means, but I just know that all I can think is maybe God is trying to show me that Hell is an actual place. But if thats the case definitely was an extreme way to do that:/

Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

Aug 18, 2015
✟328,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
RE POST #1......

Electro-Chemical processes in the human brain sometimes don't complete a circuit. The result is the same running around looking for a connection. Think about an electrical circuit. A circuit-breaker doesn't complete a circuit. In that case, the lights go out. You have to reset the breaker. In your case the circuit was broken for two seconds, then clicked back on. Your brain reset itself, became fully functioning again.

I wish I found this explanation compelling.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I've had auditory hallucinations before this was most certainly not that. If I were having one usually it would repeat itself or be hard to get rid of or at least echo somehow, this was just like a glimpse of something terrible out there.
Is that the most likely explanation, do you think?

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trying not to ruminate over the experience but I know what its like to hallucinate, and this was something else. There was like a spiritual component to this that just doesn't come along with hallucinations. I guess time will tell what this actually means because I don't know what it means, but I just know that all I can think is maybe God is trying to show me that Hell is an actual place. But if thats the case definitely was an extreme way to do that:/
Some of us "hard heads" have to b shaken up, not to say that you are at all, but I know that I am. So He would have to go to extremes with me.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

Aug 18, 2015
✟328,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is that the most likely explanation, do you think?

I could say oh I just had a hallucination and I wish that's what I thought then I could just write this off as nothing. I just think given the spiritual component involved if it was a hallucination it was amazing the timing of the sound,the image, the feeling, spiritual feeling all combined in one bundle of joy. It felt like some kind of test to be honest. Like whats funny about this is this happened the same day I posted that I wish some poster who was in the process of getting banned would try to curse me instead of the person he was trying to put a curse on. Heck of a coincidence if it is one that I experience this on the same day I make that bold statement it was as if God was saying okay lets see what you got son.

Upvote 0