• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I get so mad at myself

zippy2

Jul 18, 2015
Texas
✟15,441.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My back is hurting like really really bad, and when that happens I can get really snarky and curt. I don't mean to but it just happens. I have snapped at some of the posters on here today and I really am sorry. I have no patience and I know that is wrong!

I am sorry guys. Just don't read my posts when i get like that.

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My back is hurting like really really bad, and when that happens I can get really snarky and curt. I don't mean to but it just happens. I have snapped at some of the posters on here today and I really am sorry. I have no patience and I know that is wrong!

Have you seen a doctor about it?

Upvote 0

zippy2

Jul 18, 2015
Texas
✟15,441.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have 3 messed up disks, rheumatoid arthritus, nerve damage in lumbar region. 3 wks ago I had 7 shots in my back and they worked for awhile and last week i injured my back again and am trying to let that part heal. The prognosis is not good. But I am hopeful that with the shots maybe i can get off some of the meds that I have been taking for so many years. this isn't a new thing. thanks for asking.

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic

Hi,

Once a month about week three, I get to be what I don't want to be. And, for me, I would say like in a girl's case that Jesus was talking to called Sr. Faustina, He told her that to control her thoughts, she is not strong enough to do that.

Yet, this same woman who Jesus said much about, He also told her, that He is taking her to His Father and she is to be his wife, and He is to be a husband to her.

If Jesus can accept the normal patterns of women, the rest of us can also. When that rather difficult time started for me, each month I would go to girlfriends and talk about just how out of control I was, and my job was to be sweet and nice to everyone.

Pain is no different, in the sense that it puts you out of control sometimes. It does me also.

LOVE,

Reactions: zippy2
Upvote 0

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have 3 messed up disks, rheumatoid arthritus, nerve damage in lumbar region. 3 wks ago I had 7 shots in my back and they worked for awhile and last week i injured my back again and am trying to let that part heal. The prognosis is not good. But I am hopeful that with the shots maybe i can get off some of the meds that I have been taking for so many years. this isn't a new thing. thanks for asking.
Well I know a doctor who did a presentation on these issues and actually speaks about more permanent and natural approaches you can take. I can share it with you if you are interested, just to give yourself more options.

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟417,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
What types of medication are you taking for the rhematoid arthritis? I take Remicade and it totally stopped my inflammation. Have you seen a surgeon about those discs and the nerve problems? Most of that can be fixed.

Upvote 0

zippy2

Jul 18, 2015
Texas
✟15,441.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What types of medication are you taking for the rhematoid arthritis? I take Remicade and it totally stopped my inflammation. Have you seen a surgeon about those discs and the nerve problems? Most of that can be fixed.

I have seen a surgeon but right now we are doing pain injections and that is working pretty well. I have actually been amazed at how well. But I still have bad days and that was what was happening when I made this post.
Thank you for your interest. I'll ask my doc about Remicade, thanks.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Krissy Cakes

Site Supporter
Aug 5, 2008
Idaho
✟91,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know what you mean. I get really mean when I am in pain. :( Just tell people to be patient with you.

My husband has A LOT of patience with me and people have to as I am in pain everyday. Some days are worth then others but I get through it with over the counter medicine and sleep, lots and lots of sleep.

I'm praying for you. :prayer:

Reactions: katerinah1947
Upvote 0

zippy2

Jul 18, 2015
Texas
✟15,441.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I know what you mean. I get really mean when I am in pain. :( Just tell people to be patient with you.

My husband has A LOT of patience with me and people have to as I am in pain everyday. Some days are worth then others but I get through it with over the counter medicine and sleep, lots and lots of sleep.

I'm praying for you. :prayer:
Thank you. I will pray for you too, Army Wife. When pain is really bad it can change one's whole outlook. For sure. God's blessings on you sis.

Upvote 0

Krissy Cakes

Site Supporter
Aug 5, 2008
Idaho
✟91,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you. I will pray for you too, Army Wife. When pain is really bad it can change one's whole outlook. For sure. God's blessings on you sis.

Thank you. :hug: Prayers and leaning on God is all I have cause I feel like I'm "falling apart". But there are days when I just want to give up but my husband helps me through those days. :)

Upvote 0

zippy2

Jul 18, 2015
Texas
✟15,441.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you. :hug: Prayers and leaning on God is all I have cause I feel like I'm "falling apart". But there are days when I just want to give up but my husband helps me through those days. :)

well then, we are both blessed with good husbands to help us through the good times and the bad. God is good.:hug:

Reactions: Krissy Cakes
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others

Hey I didn't know about this sub-forum until now.
My back is really bad too. I have spondylolisthesis. Cant stand for more than hour without nerve pain in my lower back. It drives me insane often. Once I was bent over in the shopping centre, trying to relieve it, and someone came over and said "I thought you were having a heart attack!" :)

Upvote 0

zippy2

Jul 18, 2015
Texas
✟15,441.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hey I didn't know about this sub-forum until now.
My back is really bad too. I have spondylolisthesis. Cant stand for more than hour without nerve pain in my lower back. It drives me insane often. Once I was bent over in the shopping centre, trying to relieve it, and someone came over and said "I thought you were having a heart attack!" :)
Hi! I am sorry to hear you have this problem too, or something like it. I dont know the official name of mine though. just last Thursday I had shots in my back that hopefully will take effect in a few days. That should last about 3 months until I have to do it all over again. Relief has not kicked in as yet so I havent been on line for about a week.
It is a very difficult thing to live with and I keep all my friends here who have it in my prayers and now you also! God bless you.... but hey, I am REALLY GLAD you were not having a heart attack!

Upvote 0