West Coast
✟37,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, now I`m 34 years and I have been doing good all of my life towards others but there`s no reward anyways, no real friends, no girls ... yeah, the whole paradise thing, it happens when you die after a long and boring life? Well, I don`t buy it after all
There are two options for when we exit this planet: to find ourselves in the immediate presence of God in heaven; or eternal punishment in hell. There are two types of people: believers; unbelievers...

We are all just traveling through this world, the difference is, if we believe in the Gospel message of Jesus Christ, our home is in Heaven.

Upvote 0

GospelS

A Daughter of Zion Seeking Her Father in Heaven!
Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟442,160.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There`s no reward for anything in life

Yes, now I`m 34 years and I have been doing good all of my life towards others but there`s no reward anyways, no real friends, no girls ... yeah, the whole paradise thing, it happens when you die after a long and boring life? Well, I don`t buy it after all

You cannot expect rewards because you did some good towards others. Any amount of good is not acceptable until your heart is pure and clean. Believe in God, love Him, submit to Him, and live for Him. Then you will see the rewards you receive, yes, before you die, in this lifetime.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟713,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

[QUOTE, I don`t buy it after all[/QUOTE]

You don't have to ... it's a free gift for those who sincerely pursue God.

You are down on your life, sorry to hear that. Wonder why that is?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes but I have to die before life gets good then or what?
Before I can help you out with this question, consider if you have read the Bible seriously and how people's lives were always in danger, suffered and died to bring the Gospel to others.

You won't even have to read it cover to cover. Read the book of Acts of the Apostles. Then come back and pose the questions. It will give you a good understanding that the things of this fallen world and flesh are not the rewards we 'deserve' but the very temptations and pursuits which condemn us.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟378,031.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I`m way beyond these nonsense answers just becaus you want to have something to believe in
You're giving nothing but nonsense reasons so far. I've been making it pretty easy for you to give an actual reason why God doesn't exist, but you haven't provided one. If you're "way beyond" the answers I have, you have profoundly failed at demonstrating it.

Reactions: ldonjohn
Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You're giving nothing but nonsense reasons so far. I've been making it pretty easy for you to give an actual reason why God doesn't exist, but you haven't provided one. If you're "way beyond" the answers I have, you have profoundly failed at demonstrating it.
I get the feeling that this is not the true goal here.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I you become a real friend, even they can't take that from you.
Girls will like that as well.

Upvote 0

Principium

Jun 10, 2019
Lena
✟12,731.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
There are two options for when we exit this planet: to find ourselves in the immediate presence of God in heaven; or eternal punishment in hell. There are two types of people: believers; unbelievers...

We are all just traveling through this world, the difference is, if we believe in the Gospel message of Jesus Christ, our home is in Heaven.

I don`t want to be negative or anything about your beliefs, but I kinda disproved it easily

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Principium

Jun 10, 2019
Lena
✟12,731.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

He doesn`t exists because I get nothing in life :p

Upvote 0

Principium

Jun 10, 2019
Lena
✟12,731.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
You cannot expect rewards because you did some good towards others. Any amount of good is not acceptable until your heart is pure and clean. Believe in God, love Him, submit to Him, and live for Him. Then you will see the rewards you receive, yes, before you die, in this lifetime.

Just nonsense really

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Or sleeping.

And then there is judgment day.....not sure which day that is.

And sleeping.

And:

John 11:11-14
After saying these things, he said to them, “Our friend Lazarus has fallen asleep, but I go to awaken him.” The disciples said to him, “Lord, if he has fallen asleep, he will recover.” Now Jesus had spoken of his death, but they thought that he meant taking rest in sleep. Then Jesus told them plainly, “Lazarus has died,

1 Corinthians 15:6
Then he appeared to more than five hundred brothers at one time, most of whom are still alive, though some have fallen asleep.

1 Thessalonians 4:16
For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.

John 5:28-29
Do not marvel at this, for an hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice and come out, those who have done good to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil to the resurrection of judgment.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Yes but I have to die before life gets good then or what?

Flip the script.

How are you living your life in such a way as to love others and make others lives better?

Christianity isn't about "life gets good". It's also not about getting goodies in the next life either.

"Heaven" isn't heavenly because it has all the neat toys that we wanted in this life but couldn't have. It's heavenly because we have been shaped and molded in conformity with Jesus who presents a radically different way of being human--of throwing our lives away in love for others.

"The greatest among you will be your slave." Isn't just a nice sentiment, but speaks to the heart of God's way of being King.

We want to be kings, but Jesus says to be servants.
We want to be powerful, but Jesus says to be weak.
We want to boast, but Jesus says to be humble.

These things aren't just for this life so that we can get all kinds of celestial swag later. This is about turning everything on its head, it flips our values, it flips our assumptions, it flips our desires. Rather than asking "What about me?" Jesus invites us to a way which says, "How can I serve another?"

Jesus said the way of life is narrow, not because it's about getting the right answers to the theology exam, but because it looks altogether unattractive when all we want is to get our toys and play with them too.

It's not about me. It's about the widow over there who is struggling financially after she lost her husband.
It's not about me. It's about the poor who are without food, drink, and sustainability.
It's not about me. It's about my friend who is going through a rough time and needs a good friend to listen to them.
It's not about me. It's about the man who just lost his job and is now has a hard time providing for his kids.
It's not about me. It's about the sick person who is suffering and needs medical attention, and the comfort of their fellow human beings.

It's not about me. It's about my neighbor.

-CryptoLutheran

Reactions: somuchjoy
Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,528.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Do you know what a "non sequitur" is? The phrase "non sequitur" is Latin for "does not follow." What you've stated here is a non sequitur. It does not follow logically or reasonably that because your life is not what you think it should be that therefore God does not exist.

I realize you're stating more of an emotional state of mind than a logical one, but still, your emotions should be subject to reason, otherwise you'll find yourself the victim of a lot of non sequitur thinking (and the of bad choices that follow from them).

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
does you're life get better now that you say God isn't real? what's the product of no-god? because I don't see how that equals rewards, friends and girls? Christ tells us we must deny ourselves (our desire for rewards, friends, girls, etc...) and take up our cross to follow him. "taking up our cross" is an expression that means to essentially prepare for the worst, even death. Christ was not above this model as he literally carried a cross to a place where he would be nailed to it and crucified. So if you want to follow Christ... then expect hardship and keep following him.

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,588.00
Faith
Christian
In Mathew 19, Jesus says those who have left off following their world their ways (family and friends, their empty way of life) for His sake , will receive in this life a hundredfold reward and live forever.

23 Then Jesus said to His disciples, “Assuredly, I say to you that it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24 And again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”

25 When His disciples heard it, they were greatly astonished, saying, “Who then can be saved?”

26 But Jesus looked at them and said to them, “With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

27 Then Peter answered and said to Him, “See, we have left all and followed You. Therefore what shall we have?”

28 So Jesus said to them, “Assuredly I say to you, that in the regeneration, when the Son of Man sits on the throne of His glory, you who have followed Me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

29 And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother [h]or wife or children or lands, for My name’s sake, shall receive a hundredfold, and inherit eternal life. 30 But many who are first will be last, and the last first.

Upvote 0