• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

i finally did it

Status
Not open for further replies.

brokenwings27

Jun 16, 2007
Michigan, USA
✟15,287.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
i havent been here in a while, but i just felt that i should share this
after over a year of being and SIer.. (though i havent technically cut in 8 months, i still consider myself one) i have finally told somebody. and i know i can completely trust them. and the great thing about it, was that i was able to get a lot of the emotions i have had for all that time out. also the greatest thing about the whole thing was that he told me he would always be there for me, and that whenever i felt like i needed to cut, no matter when or how bad im sobbing that i should call him and he would help me through it all, even if he had to come over my house... and thats something i have always wanted.. and i feel so... almost safe, knowing i can count on him
so if you havent told anyone yet and you need that support, there is someone out there for you to tell.. and it just might be the person you least expected... thats how it was for me

ChristInAction

Beloved Child
May 14, 2006
Melbourne
Visit site
✟8,880.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Single
well done! im proud of you, that must have been a huge step.

even if someone has let you down, the 1st person you tell might not be the one to help. it may take some time & i agree with the person you might not think. God has someone in mind to shine Jesus light for you.

thanks for you post.
Love heaps.
CIA (ally) xox

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.