• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Thatgirloncfforums

Sep 28, 2021
Nowhere
✟40,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Private
The reasons why the apparitions we're fundamental to me was:
1) I felt like God through Mary was still active in the world in a flesh and blood sort of way. I mean, those who saw her could touch her (and him)! Their promise not to abandon us was fulfilled in very specific ways (actual situations that people and nations were involved in). I feel the same about the Eucharist and all the Catholic miracles. I don't understand believing in the miracle of the Eucharist, but not anything else.
2) I took Mary's call to pray the rosary as a way I could help her in her mission in heaven and earth. I got to the point where I would even pray for her, that God would strengthen and be with her. I was told that this was wrong as Mary doesn't need us to pray for her. But I don't pray for people because they need it, as if God won't provide for them without me, but I pray with the confidence that he is already doing it. I like the saying that was attributed to Mother Teresa, 'Prayer is not about changing others, but about changing ourselves'
I was so happy--joyous to help Mary that it wasn't burdensome to pray and I prayed whenever I could. And I was so filled with Thanksgiving for what she was doing for me and others.

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,952.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I was just listening to this song, I think God is using it to help me get over some long time grieving. Then saw your post, so I thought I'd share. Sometimes, I find He uses secular lyrics to speak to me personally, at least He is doing that today. Maybe you will find the same.

Upvote 0

Thatgirloncfforums

Sep 28, 2021
Nowhere
✟40,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank you
I was just listening to this song, I think God is using it to help me get over some long time grieving. Then saw your post, so I thought I'd share. Sometimes, I find He uses secular lyrics to speak to me personally, at least He is doing that today. Maybe you will find the same.

Upvote 0

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟176,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married